130 replies to this topic

#1 PRoSPx

PRoSPx

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

How Andrus only scored 85 runs in that lineup last year is beyond me.

After a slight regression last year he is looking to have fallen down the SS rankings. Which could make him a good value this year. He won't help you in HRs but he will help you a lot in SBs while being solid everywhere else.

#2 emmitt22

emmitt22

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm a huge Rangers fan. I think he will have higher value this year. There is a good chance he will be hitting leadoff this season, so you can expect more stolen bases and a few more at bats and runs.

#3 Dodger Blue 88

Dodger Blue 88

Allstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

I still like him around the 5th or 6th SS I think.

#4 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,598 posts
  • Interests:Mets - Knicks

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

if he does fall in ranks, that'll be a great thing and could cause me to consider him ... the idea that the loss of hamilton will make texas more of a small ball team is intriguing. andrus definitely needs to run more ... he didn't leadoff last year? i thought he did.
12 Team H2H Categories. Play two teams per week. Three keepers.
Avg, OPS, HR, RBI, R, SB * W, K, ERA, WHIP, Sv

C/ Santana
IB/ Pujols
3B/ Encarnacion
CI/ Bautista
2B/ Gyorko
SS/
Simmons
MI/ Wong
4 OF/ Cespedes, Rajai, Soler, Heyward
Utl/ Morales
SP/ Felix, Teheran, Sale,
Archer, Latos, Tillman, Greene
RP/ Ross,
Stroman, Carrasco, Miley

Championships: 4 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#5 Theoneupper

Theoneupper

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

if he does fall in ranks, that'll be a great thing and could cause me to consider him ... the idea that the loss of hamilton will make texas more of a small ball team is intriguing. andrus definitely needs to run more ... he didn't leadoff last year? i thought he did.

I think Kinsler lead off. This guy is a rock at SS and i would consider him instead of other big name guys such as Hanley and Tulo. Those two are headaches and Elvis is a consistent player that hardly gets injured.

#6 emmitt22

emmitt22

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Kinsler did leadoff last season. With the loss of hamilton the Rangers will likely move Kinser to the middle of the lineup and have Andrus leadoff.

#7 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

latest rumor is with the two years he has left, he's looking at a $72 million 4 year extension
20 team, 4 keepers, standard score league:
QB-Ben Roethlisberger
WR-Dez Bryant
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Desean Jackson
RB-Chris Johnson
RB- Ryan Mathews
TE-Charles Clay
W/R- Allen Hurns BN- Knile Davis BN-BenJarvus Green-Ellis BN-John Brown BN- Jake Locker
K-Dan Bailey, Greg The Leg
Def- Denver, New York Giants

#8 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,611 posts
  • Interests:Following jimmy Buffett all summer hitting baseball stadiums along the way.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

The bags regression is a concern, any explanation for that? He needs to be 35plus IMO to make him offset the liability he is in the hr-RBI categories
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#9 Kazmagic

Kazmagic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

I don't see it as a regression. It looks like he didn't run as often in 2012 as 2011. His SB% was okay.

It looks to me like he ran 40% less, if I calculated the number of singles, BB, HBP correctly, compared to 2011.
He was caught more often in 2012 at 32% compared to 2011 at 24% and the same as 2010 32%.
He had 16 SBs at home compared to 5 on the road in 2012, 13 to 24 in 2011, 13 to 19 in 2010.

I can't find the article but there was a news report or blog entry that the Rangers are switching their 1st base coach and 3rd base in an effort to successfully steal more.

#10 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

I don't see it as a regression. It looks like he didn't run as often in 2012 as 2011. His SB% was okay.

It looks to me like he ran 40% less, if I calculated the number of singles, BB, HBP correctly, compared to 2011.
He was caught more often in 2012 at 32% compared to 2011 at 24% and the same as 2010 32%.
He had 16 SBs at home compared to 5 on the road in 2012, 13 to 24 in 2011, 13 to 19 in 2010.

I can't find the article but there was a news report or blog entry that the Rangers are switching their 1st base coach and 3rd base in an effort to successfully steal more.

Its good to hear they thinking about running more. If he can steal 35+ then I like him a lot this year. I could see him having a similar season as last year, but more steals. He was still very valuable in my league last year, and I hope he comes at a bigger discount this year.
No Days Off

#11 Kazmagic

Kazmagic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

http://rangersblog.d...ibilities.html/

Here is the article I referenced...

Rangers change first and third base coaching responsibilities

With the exception of Dave Magadan replacing Scott Coolbaugh, the Rangers won’t make any more personnel changes to their coaching staff.
They will, however, make an assignment change.

Infield instructor Dave Anderson, who spent the last four seasons as the third base coach, will move across the diamond to first base. Gary Pettis, who oversees the outfielders and the team’s baserunning and has been the first base coach since 2007, will move to third base.
“Our baserunning game fell a little bit this year and Gary being the baserunning guy that he is, I wanted to try and use his expertise on the other side of the field,” manager Ron Washington said. “This isn’t a demotion for Dave. The name of the game is scoring runs. Because of his prowess at baserunning as a player, I think he’ll be able to react a little more quickly.”
The Rangers had eight runners thrown out at home this year. After spending the last two seasons as one of the AL’s most aggressive clubs on the bases, the Rangers fell to below the league average in the percentage of times they took an extra base, according to Baseball-Reference.com. The Rangers were sixth in the AL with a 40 percent rate of grabbing an extra base. The league average was 41 percent. In Anderson’s first year with the club in 2009, the Rangers ranked last in the category at 35 percent, but jumped to 42 percent in 2010 and 44 percent in 2011.
Anderson, who managed in the minor leagues and collegiately, was a first-time third base coach when the Rangers hired him. Pettis has spent 10 seasons in the majors as a coach, but has never coached third base aside from managing in the Arizona Fall League.
“Everything that I can offer on my experience from coaching there, I will,” Washington said. “But it’s a very instinctive position and I trust his instincts on the basepaths.”
The full staff will have Magadan at hitting instructor and Mike Maddux at pitching coach. Jackie Moore, who turns 74 in February, will be the bench coach for the fifth season. Andy Hawkins will be the bullpen coach.

Posted Image

Edited by Kazmagic, 08 January 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#12 cyberer

cyberer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,424 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

All good news, but I'm worried about Profrar- if/when he comes up where does he play- 3B? bump kinsler to 1B? Bump andrus to bench?
SIG UPDATED TO 9/1/2014!

12 Team PPR

QB Cutler (backup Romo)
WR1 Julio Jones
WR2 Randall Cobb
WR3 Michael Crabtree (backups Kelvin Benjamin and Steve Smith)
RB1 Lesean McCoy
RB2 Shane Vereen
TE Jason Witten (backup Kelce)
FLEX Ben Tate (backup RB benny cunningham, roy helu)

#13 Thespis721

Thespis721

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Andrus is not being bump to the bench. If profar comes up, it'll probably impact Kinsler more.

C: McCann
1B: Victor Martinez
2B: Dustin Ackley
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Alexei Ramirez
CI: Anthony Rendon
MI: Jed Lowrie
OF: Justin Upton, Matt Kemp, Alex Gordon, De Aza
UT: Chase Headley
DL: Fowler, Lind
SP: Scherzer, Kazmir, Alex Wood, Lincecum, Gallardo

#14 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Andrus is not being bump to the bench. If profar comes up, it'll probably impact Kinsler more.

Yeah I agree, if anything Kinsler gets the bump to OF or 1B.
No Days Off

#15 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

From the RW news page. Seriously Elvis ... Cmon Man!

Elvis Andrus is out of the Rangers' lineup on Thursday against the Indians because a new tattoo is causing some extra sensitivity in his left biceps.
The Rangers probably aren't too pleased with the situation, but Andrus should be fine in a day. Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News calls the tat "elaborate."

#16 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

A SS that helps you in every category but HRs....what's not to love???
Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#17 cymbaline

cymbaline

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

His ADP.

He's (still) being heavily drafted on upside as the #5 SS & ranked 66th overall on Y! He was S-ranked #134 last year which was 11th among SS's so anybody taking him this year in the 5th or 6th round is banking on a big breakout. His ceiling is pretty low given that he won't be a big contributor in HR or RBI. That said, he's unlikely to be the 11th best SS again this year as his low run total in 2012 is probably a fluke.

In all, I do like Elvis but he's not a value pick if Zobrist, Rollins and Desmond are being taken later.

Edited by cymbaline, 28 February 2013 - 04:10 PM.

• Wombat likes this

#18 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

His ADP.

He's (still) being heavily drafted on upside as the #5 SS & ranked 66th overall on Y! He was S-ranked #134 last year which was 11th among SS's so anybody taking him this year in the 5th or 6th round is banking on a big breakout. His ceiling is pretty low given that he won't be a big contributor in HR or RBI. That said, he's unlikely to be the 11th best SS again this year as his low run total in 2012 is probably a fluke.

In all, I do like Elvis but he's not a value pick if Zobrist, Rollins and Desmond are being taken later.

Also he is fast, but he is not really a great base stealer. 21 steals and 10 CS is pretty bad. If he can steal 30+ again then he will be more valuable even with the low home run total.
No Days Off

#19 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

His ADP.

I haven't followed the ADP all that closely, but in several of the mock drafts that I've glanced through, it seems that he goes in or slightly before that Zobrist/Desmond grouping. Alot of his value depends on the format. In a roto league, I think he's a fine selection in the late 5th/early 6th round. H2H not so much
Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#20 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

His ADP.

I haven't followed the ADP all that closely, but in several of the mock drafts that I've glanced through, it seems that he goes in or slightly before that Zobrist/Desmond grouping. Alot of his value depends on the format. In a roto league, I think he's a fine selection in the late 5th/early 6th round. H2H not so much

Its just tough because someone very similar (Alcides Escobar) is going much later. Escobar probably has more SB upside, and will get a decent amount of runs this year batting at the top of that Royals lineup. Andrus might get more rbis, but their homers will be very similar as well as their averages.
  • cymbaline and jb_power like this
No Days Off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users