Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Dominique Jones 2012-2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheFuture1

TheFuture1

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

"Rick Carlisle said that his point guard position is "up for grabs."

"It's up for grabs. I don’t know how else to put it. It's up for grabs," Carlisle said. Darren Collison hasn't looked great lately and Dominique Jones has been a pleasant surprise for most of the year. This could be a motivational tactic to light a fire under Collison, but owners in deeper leagues wouldn't be crazy to add Jones at this point."

- this kid has put up back to back solid performances with 7 assists in each when given ample minutes.. Dallas desperately needs solid PG production.. what do we think

Edited by TheFuture1, 23 December 2012 - 02:40 PM.

Team 1 - 10 team ESPN H2H Points League
C- Posey
1b- Davis, Freeman
2b- Bonifacio
SS- Rollins, Ecabrera
3b- Sandoval, Carlos Santana
OF- Trout, Harper, AJax, Calhoun, Melky

SP- Bailey, Tanaka, JZimmerman, Teheran, Hamels (DL), Cashner, Bucholtz, Cingriani, Wood ---- RP- Grilli, Romo, Soria, Janssen

Team 2- 10 Team ESPN ROTO 5x5
c- Mauer
1b-Carlos Santana
2b-Gyorko
ss-Andrus, Bogaerts
3b- Pablo Sandoval, Manny Machado (DL)
OF- Trout, Bruce, Prado, Revere, Calhoun, Melky

SP- Kershaw, Yu, Mad Bum, Tanaka, Hamels, Cashner, Straily, Smyly ---- RP- Robertson, Soria, Lindstrom, Hunter

#2 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

I still don't understand...what exactly is Darren Collison doing wrong?

#3 TheFuture1

TheFuture1

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

I couldn't tell you, the numbers don't look all that horrific, but either Carlisle is trying to light a fire under collison, or he really is not happy with his performance so far
Team 1 - 10 team ESPN H2H Points League
C- Posey
1b- Davis, Freeman
2b- Bonifacio
SS- Rollins, Ecabrera
3b- Sandoval, Carlos Santana
OF- Trout, Harper, AJax, Calhoun, Melky

SP- Bailey, Tanaka, JZimmerman, Teheran, Hamels (DL), Cashner, Bucholtz, Cingriani, Wood ---- RP- Grilli, Romo, Soria, Janssen

Team 2- 10 Team ESPN ROTO 5x5
c- Mauer
1b-Carlos Santana
2b-Gyorko
ss-Andrus, Bogaerts
3b- Pablo Sandoval, Manny Machado (DL)
OF- Trout, Bruce, Prado, Revere, Calhoun, Melky

SP- Kershaw, Yu, Mad Bum, Tanaka, Hamels, Cashner, Straily, Smyly ---- RP- Robertson, Soria, Lindstrom, Hunter

#4 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostTheFuture1, on 23 December 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

I couldn't tell you, the numbers don't look all that horrific, but either Carlisle is trying to light a fire under collison, or he really is not happy with his performance so far

Yeah, I just don't understand. I agree that the numbers don't look horrific at all, and in the Mavericks games I've tuned into this season, he was composed and doing a good job at the PG spot. Really weird.

#5 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

I really can't speak on Dominique since I have only seen him play a few times and that was last year. However, as a Pacer fan, I have seen quite a bit of Darren Collison.  I really liked him when he was with the Pacers and I really wish that they would have hung onto him.  He is quite a bit better than D.J. Augustin.  However, he wanted to start and they felt George Hill is a better option.

The problem with Darren is that, while he is unbelievably quick and brings a lot of energy, he is very inconsistent and has significant defensive shortcomings. I think these issues plus the fact that he turns the ball over at key points in games is why Carlisle is unable to commit to him as the starter and opted to bring in Fisher.

I know some don't feel that he has been given a fair shot as the starter.  I don't know since I have only seen him play a few times this year.  I will say that, because he is a pure PG not a converted SG like Jones, I think I would prefer to run with Darren unless I had a better option on the roster.  I really wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas sign or trade for another PG.  I seem to recall that they had even looked at Delonte West before cutting him loose.  So they must have had some doubts even early on.

As far as Dominique, he may throw up a few decent games but I think Collison wins out in the end.  The question is how the minutes will be split.  I am not sure that Collison will get much more than 30 minutes if he does win the majority of minutes.

I picked up Dominique in a deep league but have very low expectations.

Edited by mbroo5880i, 23 December 2012 - 07:17 PM.