Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Week 17 Rest Thread... Who is Playing and Who is Not!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 Zak0221

Zak0221

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Just as title, post any information, news blurbs, tweet etc about any info leading up the games about teams that may not play players the full game so we can make better decisions if you are still playing ( as I am)

Unfortunately for me, my opponent, has Welker and Andre who I thought were locks to be rested in week 17 and now its looking like its actually MY AJ Green and BJGE that will take a seat :( I do not know any information about Marvin Lewis's strategy but the Bengals have nothing to play for in terms of seeding...

Also getting screwed by Cobb's injury and Julio resting most likely, ugh I thought I just had to survive week 16 and I would dominate week 17 but now its the opposite....

Anyway just keep bumping this thread as you hear news about team's game plans in terms of not playing stars the full 4 quarters...

#2 Demigod

Demigod

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

I have Ryan and it looks like he'll sit. Argh! Rolling with Kaep as super strong boune back candidate at home against AZ.

#3 cubbie5150

cubbie5150

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

I own Luck/Ray Rice/AJ Green. None of their respective teams really have anything to play for this week, so I'm basically screwed. I'll be starting guys like Locker/Bernard Pierce/Nate Washington instead more than likely.

#4 Zak0221

Zak0221

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

As for the AJ Green owner above, Marvin Lewis said hes not resting players as he did it twice last two times Bungles made the playoffs, n they lost both times.... He is hopin his team continues to improve so thats good news for Cin owners!

Edited by dzemens, 30 December 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#5 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

I don't think it's in any way confirmed yet that Ryan / Julio will sit, however, I believe the Falcons have rested their starters the last two times they clinched a playoff spot?
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#6 Jaw

Jaw

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Going by this:
http://espn.go.com/b...off-scenarios-2

Looks like Falcons, Ravens, Colts and Bengals have nothing to gain if I am interpreting this correctly. Although apparently Marvin Lewis doesn't want to rest his starters. I havent heard of anything definitive from other teams

#7 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,640 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Don't see the Ravens resting anyone except maybe Rice. Even then I expect them to just give Pierce a few more carries than them actually resting Rice. Colts won't rest anyone. Bengas won't rest anyone. Falcons will def rest Julio and Roddy bc of injuries. Probably Tony G because of age. Probably Tuner because he sucks. And probably Ryan midway through the third because they don't want him to get hurt. I don't think I'm starting any Falcon this week except Matt Bryant if I'm in a Week 17 league.

#8 Cdoane83

Cdoane83

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Mike Smith said that they're playing to win the game and resting in past years hasn't worked for them.

#9 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Why can't they just play guys until they're getting their touches and getting into to a rhythm, producing some yardage and points . . . and then pull them when they're hungriest for more? Maybe a full half and change? Like a 3rd preseason game? Just let em get their beaks wet and yank em? That's what I'd do.

Never understood the all or nothing approach to these games. It never seems to work when guys sit and collect dust for an extra week. Nor does it seem sensible to keep them out there waging battle deep into the 2nd half.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#10 Demigod

Demigod

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Do you have a reference source?

Mike Smith said that they're playing to win the game and resting in past years hasn't worked for them.

#11 Cdoane83

Cdoane83

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

http://atlanta.sbnat...falcons-week-17

#12 Cdoane83

Cdoane83

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Colts news https://mobile.twitt...984501481283584

#13 Demigod

Demigod

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Thanks.

Colts news https://mobile.twitt...984501481283584

#14 Zak0221

Zak0221

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

So strange every coach is basically refusing to use the dreaded R word, but its so easy to understand if by the 3rd quarter most these stars on locked up teams wont b playing... argh stupid week 17

Bengals, Colts, Ravens, Falcons all feel unsafe but what exactly is safer 1half of Julio/AJ or full game of Jason Avant and Chris Givens.... hmmmrph. It may feel better to just roll w Wayne, Julio and the likes n hope they can play 3 quarters but if their team goes down 3 possessions I bet the plug gets pulled quick n that may not even take to the half as these teams could easily b not very motivated....

And guy above, Stevie j, Blackmon and Givens n u hope Amendola gets injured

#15 BigPapi44

BigPapi44

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Anyone hear what Baltimore plans to do this week?

#16 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Here is some news on both the Bengals and Ravens regarding resting players:

http://www.fftoolbox...fm?news_id=5203
Adam Brown (Fearless)=Hero. May you never be forgotten.

#17 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

Rice isn't going to play. Get Pierce if you still can.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#18 FML

FML

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Vernon Davis is expected to miss this game. Delanie Walker has played in his last 2 games with 6 catches, 88 yards, 2 TDs. Easily the best TE outside of the studs should Davis sit.

12 Team, 6 PT Passing TD, PPR, 2-0

QB: Rivers
RB: Lacy, Ball, Spiller, J.Bell, Stacy, Asiata
WR: White, Wayne, Hawkins, Sanu
TE: Gates
K: Gostkowski
DST: Ravens

#19 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

hmmm...

3mAdam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Last second change with the Ravens. Ravens running back Ray Rice is active and is going to play a series or two.

"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#20 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Montell Owens is INACTIVE lol. Injured during pre-game warmups.
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)