Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

2012 Pro Bowl Teams

This topic is in the process of being archived.
28 replies to this topic

#1 MrArmageddon

MrArmageddon

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

AFC

Manning
Brady
Schaub

Foster
Charles
Rice

Leach

Green
A. Johnson
Wayne
Welker

Gronkowski
Miller

Joe Thomas
Duane Brown
Ryan Clady

Logan Mankins
Marshall Yanda
Wade Smith

Pouncey
Myers

NFC

Rodgers
RGIII
Matt Ryan

Peterson
Lynch
Gore

Jerome Felton

Calvin
Marshall
Julio
Cruz

Gonzalez
Witten

Staley
Okung
Trent Williams

Mike Iupati
Jahri Evans
Chris Snee

Max Unger
Jeff Saturday
12 Team Standard Scoring

QB Tom Brady
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Matt Forte
RB/WR/TE Julius Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Jordan Cameron
D/ST Bills (Stream)
K Zuerlein (Stream)
BE Percy Harvin
BE Josh Gordon
BE Bernard Pierce
BE Andy Dalton

#2 MrArmageddon

MrArmageddon

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Can someone explain how the worst player on the line that's given up the most sacks and got benched is in?

And where is Dez Bryant?
12 Team Standard Scoring

QB Tom Brady
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Matt Forte
RB/WR/TE Julius Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Jordan Cameron
D/ST Bills (Stream)
K Zuerlein (Stream)
BE Percy Harvin
BE Josh Gordon
BE Bernard Pierce
BE Andy Dalton

#3 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

The case could be made for Roddy or Dez over Julio.

#4 tron34

tron34

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

If it were me, I'd take Cruz out and insert Dez.
"How bad is it for Larry Fitzgerald that when he finishes pre game, that's the best part of his day?"- Mike Golic

#5 tron34

tron34

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Maybe Jerry threw some dough at the selection committe for them not to pick Dez so he's got some extra juice to go out and squash the "Skins for a playoff birth.
"How bad is it for Larry Fitzgerald that when he finishes pre game, that's the best part of his day?"- Mike Golic

#6 MrArmageddon

MrArmageddon

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Maybe Jerry threw some dough at the selection committe for them not to pick Dez so he's got some extra juice to go out and squash the "Skins for a playoff birth.

Or so Jerrah doesn't have to pay Dez.
12 Team Standard Scoring

QB Tom Brady
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Matt Forte
RB/WR/TE Julius Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Jordan Cameron
D/ST Bills (Stream)
K Zuerlein (Stream)
BE Percy Harvin
BE Josh Gordon
BE Bernard Pierce
BE Andy Dalton

#7 tron34

tron34

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

When you make your son-in-law shine up your specs, anythings possible

#8 The Phenom

The Phenom

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Demariyus Thomas should be a starter instead of Reggie Wayne
Alfred Morris or Doug Martin (I prefer Morris) should be in instead of Frank Gore
Dez Bryant should be in over Victor Cruz or even Julio Jones

Then again, a good amount of guys will be in the Conference Championship or preparing for the Super Bowl, but as far as offensive players this is my list.

#9 TheJRod2006

TheJRod2006

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

Wake me up when they announce the real All-Star team.....the All-Pro team
Do you really care who is on my team? I have Mike Trout and Arian Foster in keeper leagues in their respective sports.

Twitter: @MrJaredMoore

#10 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,874 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Wake me up when they announce the real All-Star team.....the All-Pro team

This x 10.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#11 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 17,646 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Can someone explain how the worst player on the line that's given up the most sacks and got benched is in?

And where is Dez Bryant?

Players 1/3 votes, Coaches 1/3, Fans 1/3....

When you factor in that players rarely watch each other's film, fans have homer tendencies, and coaches watch so much game film of their own team, they can get pretty biased towards name value and past history.....IIRC, I believe Saturday made it on almost all the player votes (can't remember where I saw that, will try to find link if I can)....

EDIT: I think I heard it on SNF when they were discussing the fact he was going to be benched, yet likely to make Pro Bowl...
Football PPR 2014 - Cutler, L. Bell, R. Jennings, Dez, Marshall, V-Jax, Justin Hunter, Quick, Rudolph, HOU DST. D-Thomas fan club member.
Dynasty 2014 - Romo, E. Lacy, Gore, Gerhart, C-Michael, D-Train, K. Allen, R. White, M. Evans, Quick, J. Graham, L. Green, HOU DST.

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#12 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,874 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Satruday is a class act at least, came out and said he wishes he could give his spot to Sitton. This is more a lifetime achievement award for Saturday than anything but thats how the majority of all star voting goes in all honesty. The name is crucial, especially for offensive lineman in voting like this as 99% of fans have no clue who the good lineman are and just vote for who they recognize.

#13 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 17,646 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Satruday is a class act at least, came out and said he wishes he could give his spot to Sitton. This is more a lifetime achievement award for Saturday than anything but thats how the majority of all star voting goes in all honesty. The name is crucial, especially for offensive lineman in voting like this as 99% of fans have no clue who the good lineman are and just vote for who they recognize.

Good point on O-line. D-Line, LB, secondary - at least you see them making plays. With O-line, you not only have to factor in the players, but the unit as a whole, so name value likely will get you furthest there over performance.

As for Bryant - IIRC, voting closed 7-10 days ago (Dec. 17th on some sites, Dec. 20th on others - perhaps different dates for different groups - players, coaches, fans) - when you factor in those who voted early, Dez's December heroics may not have even registered.. a clear snub, for sure.
Football PPR 2014 - Cutler, L. Bell, R. Jennings, Dez, Marshall, V-Jax, Justin Hunter, Quick, Rudolph, HOU DST. D-Thomas fan club member.
Dynasty 2014 - Romo, E. Lacy, Gore, Gerhart, C-Michael, D-Train, K. Allen, R. White, M. Evans, Quick, J. Graham, L. Green, HOU DST.

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#14 bmoss12

bmoss12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Exercise, Snowboarding and Backyard games

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

No Suh? Gore over Alfred Morris? No Patrick Peterson, he has 7 interceptions on the year? Witten over Jimmy Graham? Bryant got snubbed for Cruz who has been mediocre? Tolbert or Marcel Reese at the FB position.
12 Team ESPN H2H League

Cam Newton (Car - QB)
LeSean McCoy   (PHI - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Greg Jennings    (MIN - WR)
Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
Jordy Nelson   (GB - WR)
Colts   (Defense)
Phil Dawson   (SF - K)
Seahawks (HC)
Antonio Gates   (SD - TE)
Matt Forte   (CHI - RB)
Terrance Williams         (DAL - WR)
Jordan Cameron   (CLE - TE)
Bilal Powell   (Jets - RB)

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."
~Mike Tyson

#15 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,874 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

No Suh? Gore over Alfred Morris? No Patrick Peterson, he has 7 interceptions on the year? Witten over Jimmy Graham? Bryant got snubbed for Cruz who has been mediocre? Tolbert or Marcel Reese at the FB position.

Suh wasnt deserving at all this year, if he made it, it would have been off name as his production has really slid from his rookie season. Gore over Morris is a snub but a name sub that is likely linked to career production, Peterson is also a snub (so is Sherman). Witten over Graham is another name factor, though both are having pro bowl caliber seasons. As RotoRaysFan pointed out, a lot of the late production from Bryant probably cost him votes as a lot of people voted early.

#16 Tarheels_2433

Tarheels_2433

I'm the Looks, the Brains, & the Wildcard!

• Moderators
  • 8,760 posts
  • Interests:Sports are awesome.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Peterson did make it. It looks like the OP only posted the offensive side of the ball...

Here's the full list.

Also count me in the group of shocked people that Jeff Saturday made the team.

BTW - is it me or did Schaub sneak in a Pro Bowl because of how god awful QB play was across the board in the AFC this year? I mean Schaub played solid, there just wasn't any real other alternatives besides Dalton...
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

#17 DaBearz15

DaBearz15

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Cruz over Dez is a huge snub. Dez is probably the reason the Cowboys are competing for the NFC East this week while Cruz's disappearing act is part of the reason the Giants are arranging their tee times. Cruz and Jones both should have been behind Dez and White in my opinion.

Anyone else shocked FIVE Chiefs made it? Can't say I disagree with Charles.. and I don't really pay close enough attention to defensive players around the league to know if they deserved it.. the punter I'll give the benefit of the doubt. He was quite active this year. :lol:

I was surprised to see Melton selected and Briggs not selected from the Bears.

#18 CooL

CooL

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Cruz over Dez is a huge snub. Dez is probably the reason the Cowboys are competing for the NFC East this week while Cruz's disappearing act is part of the reason the Giants are arranging their tee times. Cruz and Jones both should have been behind Dez and White in my opinion.

Totally agree. Cruz and his annoying salsa dance are insanely popular in NY and it's huge fan base, so I'm sure that helped. I think Dez is probably hurt by his "character issues", although he seemed to be fine this year once the season started. Really a shame that he didn't make it.

I think Morris also was extremely deserving, and Gore shouldn't be there. Maybe Lynch or Gore make it to the Super Bowl and he gets in as an alternate, although obviously it'd be nicer to be voted in.

#19 TheJRod2006

TheJRod2006

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Cruz also got screwed out of a trip last year, so I can't kill them for making sure he went this year.....
Do you really care who is on my team? I have Mike Trout and Arian Foster in keeper leagues in their respective sports.

Twitter: @MrJaredMoore

#20 MrArmageddon

MrArmageddon

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Peterson did make it. It looks like the OP only posted the offensive side of the ball...

Here's the full list.

Also count me in the group of shocked people that Jeff Saturday made the team.

BTW - is it me or did Schaub sneak in a Pro Bowl because of how god awful QB play was across the board in the AFC this year? I mean Schaub played solid, there just wasn't any real other alternatives besides Dalton...

I just noticed I forgot to post the defenses.

I would say Briggs is a snub but nobody was going to top Bowman and Willis.

And Schaub got in because of how weak the AFC was this year. After him who are the top two? Dalton and Luck?
12 Team Standard Scoring

QB Tom Brady
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Matt Forte
RB/WR/TE Julius Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Jordan Cameron
D/ST Bills (Stream)
K Zuerlein (Stream)
BE Percy Harvin
BE Josh Gordon