Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Need detailed information on various types of FF leagues....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 rired48

rired48

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hope I'm posting in the right forum section....  Don't flame me, I'm old....

I'm only a 1 year experienced FF player, and this year I'm co-running an ESPN default/standard H2H 10 team (9 positions) league. I'm really having fun with it. Last year (my first), I got to the playoffs and lost in the semis. This year, I'm in the Finals after finishing third in the reg season.

I would like to be in two leagues next year. What I need is a FF site that explains in great detail all the various types of FF leagues. I want to be in two different style leagues so I get to experience what's available out there.

If you can point me in the right direction to gather this information I'll appreciate it.

Thanks.

Brian in RI

"What's worth doing, is worth over-doing..." -David Letterman
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo, and you were a pair of brown shoes?"  -George Gobel

#2 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,644 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

There are many different types of leagues. The main ones are various types of PPR and then non PPR. There are also leagues that are return yardage or TD only. PPR has a wide range and is the one that is mostly played. The difference between PPR and non PPR is that, in PPR, there are bonuses for receptions.

Less common are leagues that count return yardage or TD only. Both are pretty self explanatory. Return yardage leagues give you points for return yards, and TD only leagues that either only give you points for TD's or give you marginal point bonuses.

I'm in a TD only league with no yardage points. It's really easy to prepare for, but really challenging and frustrating if that is what type of league you are looking for.
Bring back Ray!

#3 lawilt

lawilt

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

theres also tons of forms of dynasty and keeper leagues, idp (individual defensive players) leagues, TD heavy leagues where TD are worth a lot more then in a standard league, there are leagues were u can get bonuses for long tds or going on certain yardage marks, 2 QB leagues, ecttt
16 Team Dynasty/Keeper League(8 Keepers)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, RB/WR, TE, DEF, K, 7 Bench spots
QB: Ben Roethlisbeger, Kirk Cousins
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Andre Ellington, Christine Michael, V Ballard, Latavius Murray, Jordan Todman, Edwin Baker
WR: Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Greg Jennings, Aldrick Robinson, Jeremy Kerley
TE: Jimmy Graham
Def: Seahwaks
K:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12 Team Dynasty League
QB and any 9 combination of RB, WR, TE
QB: Romo, Alex Smith
RB: Jamal Charles, Forte, Andre Ellington, DeAngelo, Kenjon Barner, Edwin Baker, Shonn Greene, Rashad Jennings
WR: Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Hakeem Nicks, James Jones, Andre Holmes, Lance Moore, Aldrick Robinson
TE: Dennis Pitta, Brent Celek, Fasano
Def: Browns, Rams

#4 rired48

rired48

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Thanks.

Do you guys have some links for me to sites that have good leagues?
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo, and you were a pair of brown shoes?"  -George Gobel

#5 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,644 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

View Postrired48, on 29 December 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

Thanks.

Do you guys have some links for me to sites that have good leagues?

I've only ever used CBS for my leagues, and I think they have pretty decent leagues. I've never used them, so I can't speak to how good they are, but ESPN and Yahoo also are popular league sites.
Bring back Ray!

#6 Lemmy Kilmister

Lemmy Kilmister

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

myfantasyleague.com is by far the best site to run a league. they are totally flexible and customizable.

I am starting a 12 team dynasty league right now with a $50 buy-in
1 ppr
no idp (team D/ST only)
blind bidding for waivers
25 man rosters with 10 starters

if you are interested in joining or are just curious about different leagues and would like to check it out, get me your email address and I will send you a link to the site.

good luck in your search

#7 lawilt

lawilt

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

yahoo is terrible in my opinion
16 Team Dynasty/Keeper League(8 Keepers)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, RB/WR, TE, DEF, K, 7 Bench spots
QB: Ben Roethlisbeger, Kirk Cousins
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Andre Ellington, Christine Michael, V Ballard, Latavius Murray, Jordan Todman, Edwin Baker
WR: Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Greg Jennings, Aldrick Robinson, Jeremy Kerley
TE: Jimmy Graham
Def: Seahwaks
K:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12 Team Dynasty League
QB and any 9 combination of RB, WR, TE
QB: Romo, Alex Smith
RB: Jamal Charles, Forte, Andre Ellington, DeAngelo, Kenjon Barner, Edwin Baker, Shonn Greene, Rashad Jennings
WR: Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Hakeem Nicks, James Jones, Andre Holmes, Lance Moore, Aldrick Robinson
TE: Dennis Pitta, Brent Celek, Fasano
Def: Browns, Rams