Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

New Jersey Nets 2012-13 Season Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 dwetzel115

dwetzel115

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

What's up guys? I wouldn't be surprised at all if Phil takes the Nets job. Its a job where the pieces are in place to be competitive and though the Nets play in the Eastern Conference you know Phil is just looking for an opportunity to show the Lakers he should have been hired instead of Mike D. Also you know the billionare Nets owner would give Phil whatever it took to land him and I believe he would probably concede to whatever restrictions Phil might need, which I don't think are anywhere near what was reported. It would be a great fit and would help D-Will and company tremendously and I have been working to trade for him in all leagues.

#2 Thats Ridiculous

Thats Ridiculous

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,642 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Personally can't imagine Phil Jackson ever coaching again.
The guy is nearly crippled.
He's the greatest coach of all time. He should retire in peace.

#3 bsong71

bsong71

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Personally can't imagine Phil Jackson ever coaching again.
The guy is nearly crippled.
He's the greatest coach of all time. He should retire in peace.

Lol ... every Lakers fan friend of mine wants Jackson to turn down the job. It's actually quite fierce from a few of them, as in they'll feel betrayed or something.

It feels like there's this sentiment that they just don't want "their guy" to be someone else's guy, even though their guy was once the Bulls' guy.

Be careful: you're going to start yet another a 90-page debate on whether Phil can be fairly called the "greatest coach of all time" in light of who he had on his rosters.

#4 tron34

tron34

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

DWill might be starting to develop a little bit of a reputation for running coaches off.
"How bad is it for Larry Fitzgerald that when he finishes pre game, that's the best part of his day?"- Mike Golic

#5 Jatlec26

Jatlec26

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

"Brooklyn" Nets. I'm sure it's a typo, but I just wanted to point it out. lol

#6 Travis Burten

Travis Burten

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

DWill might be starting to develop a little bit of a reputation for running coaches off.

I`d really like to see D-Will talk back to Phil Jackson. Wait, Deron, did you say something about rings...ahem.

#7 tron34

tron34

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I`d really like to see D-Will talk back to Phil Jackson. Wait, Deron, did you say something about rings...ahem.

Yup. Kobe is kind of the same way, but here's the difference:

Kobe- 5 Championships
Deron- 0
"How bad is it for Larry Fitzgerald that when he finishes pre game, that's the best part of his day?"- Mike Golic