Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

LA Clippers 2012-2013 Season Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#1 Thats Ridiculous

Thats Ridiculous

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,642 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Clippers just won a hard fought game against the Jazz.

The Winning Streak continues! 16 in a row and counting!
And the Clipps hold the best Record in the NBA!

These Clippers are legit contenders!

#2 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

They will struggle in the playoffs when half court play dictates. I like Memphis, SA, and the Thunder all more
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#3 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

DeAndre Jordan is a pathetic defender. Gasol + Randolph, Timmy, and Collison will eat him alive.

#4 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

I didn't agree with the late foul on Paul. Did agree with the no call on the last shot by Foye.

#5 Silky Silks

Silky Silks

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

That game was ridiculous. Terrible officiating just let the guys play!! Don't decide the game at the line. Waste of clutch performance by big Al. Oh well. CP3 is a freak I think this team will go far but I agree that they struggle in the half court.
10 team h2h 9 cat league bball daily lineup changes
PG Deron Williams, Damian Lillard, Tony Parker
SG Paul George (SF)
SF Danilo Galinari, Ersan Ilyasova (PF)
PF LaMarcus Aldridge ©, Anthony Davis ©, Pau Gasol ©
C Al Jefferson (PF), Larry Sanders (PF), Nikola Vucevic (PF)

10 team h2h points hockey league daily lineup changes (faceoffs)
C Claude Giroux, Pavel Datsyuk, Patrick Kane (RW), Derek Roy, Tyler Bozak
LW Rick Nash, Evander Kane, Patrick Elias ©, Martin Erat (RW), Steve Ott ©
RW Marian Hossa, Jeff Carter ©, Nail Yakupov, Wayne Simmonds, P.A. Paranteau
D P.K. Subban, Dennis Widemen, Andy Greene, Raphael Diaz
G Braden Holtby, Niklas Backstrom, Craig Anderson

#6 Thats Ridiculous

Thats Ridiculous

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 13,642 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

The Clippers own the Memphis Grizzlies. Clipps beat them in the playoffs last year, and the first game this season.

The Clipps also beat San Antonio twice this year already.

The Clipps barely lost to the Thunder this year. Chris Paul had a chance to win the game in Regulation, but missed the shot. It was also a bit of a fluke bad game for CP3... his worst shooting game of the season 2-14 from the field. If CP3 would've been in his usual form, the Clippers most definitely would've won that game.

FWIW, the Clippers also beat Miami and the Lakers this year already too.

this team is for real.

#7 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

They will struggle in the playoffs when half court play dictates. I like Memphis, SA, and the Thunder all more

I disagree. They already proved last season that they can grind through physical halfcourt play last postseason against Memphis, and they've fared pretty well against halfcourt teams once again this season. I don't think their record right now is a fluke at all, and I do believe their success will also carry over into the postseason.

#8 Thats Ridiculous

Thats Ridiculous

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 13,642 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

That game was ridiculous. Terrible officiating just let the guys play!! Don't decide the game at the line. Waste of clutch performance by big Al. Oh well. CP3 is a freak I think this team will go far but I agree that they struggle in the half court.

I agree. That ticky tack foul by Al Jefferson on CP3 at the end was a lame call. The game was tied up, they should've let them play it out instead of let FT's decide it.
In regards to Foye's last shot attempt... I think Matt Barnes played solid defense. No foul. And none was called. Rightfully so.

#9 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

No doubt the Clippers are a contender but they may be peaking early. It is a long season. Matt Barnes had one of the prettiest fast break passes to Jamal Crawford late in the game. He also defended Foye well on the last shot. He is playing really well.

#10 M23Greenberg

M23Greenberg

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

No doubt the Clippers are a contender but they may be peaking early. It is a long season. Matt Barnes had one of the prettiest fast break passes to Jamal Crawford late in the game. He also defended Foye well on the last shot. He is playing really well.

This is what I think, Clippers are playing amazing winning sixteen in a row but big whoop. Still 52 games to go and anything can happen.
Fantasy Basketball | Detroit Pistons | 73-29-2 (1st)

10 Team - 8 Cat
PG - Jarrett Jack, Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker (*Lost Rondo*)
SG - Eric Gordon, JJ Redick
SF - Rudy Gay, Chandler Parsons, Metta World Peace
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge,  David West, Carlos Boozer
C - Marc Gasol, Larry Sanders

1st in Points, Rebounds, Blocks
2nd in Assists
3rd in Steals
4th in FG%
5th in 3PM
6th in FT%

#11 Thats Ridiculous

Thats Ridiculous

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 13,642 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

This is what I think, Clippers are playing amazing winning sixteen in a row but big whoop. Still 52 games to go and anything can happen.

True. But this winning streak is good for their confidence, their belief, their swagger.

#12 flushyriver

flushyriver

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

If you listen to things they're saying after games, it doesn't sound like the streak itself is a big deal to any of them. Chris Paul and some of the guys that have been there before are quick to realize that it's just the regular season and are using it more as a time to get to know who they are and how to mesh well as a team (which they'll have to do when Hill and Billlups return).
About everyone saying they're not a good halfcourt team after Charles said it at halftime the other night. I vehemetly disagree. Any team with Chris Paul running pick and roll executes and executes well. The reason for the thinking that all they do is dunk or whatever is not entirely because that's all they do, but rather because it's just that hard to stop them in the paint. It's the result of good pick and roll execution and those shooters open up the inside for Griffin and Jordan to do what they're known for. Jordan has grown tremendously both offensively and defensively from last year and they're definitely the best team in the west. I've loved this team for too long to be unbiased so I won't go all the way and say they beat the Heat in the finals, but I gotta think if they're the number 1 seed in the west and avoid a series with the spurs they have a great shot of making the finals.
Think about it and try to find an element to this team that's missing.

Edited by flushyriver, 29 December 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#13 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

One thing I must say is that Clippers fans deserve this. In all the Clippers games I've been to this season, you can tell that excitement is high. The crowd is certainly a lot more colorful, and people are actually proud to don their Clippers gear now. Clipper Darrell is no longer the outlier in the crowd. The arena is now more full 30 minutes before the game even starts compared to the arena DURING games in some years past. The days when Marcus Camby was the most prominent Clipper seems like a distant memory, and I'm sure it's a great relief that the team isn't in a state where Mardy Collins needs to be brought in as the starting PG (although Collins did a very admirable effort). However, I think the best thing for me is that Ralph Lawler, the local Clippers TV announcer, can finally be calling games for one of the best teams in the league, rather than one of the worst.

Edited by ballsohard, 29 December 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#14 StreetCred

StreetCred

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Here's why the Clips have a chance to win it all: CP3
Here's why they won't: They have 2 bigs that have unreliable post games and FT shooting.

This regular season win streak is impressive and well-deserved, but I think Memphis (with a now healthy Z-Bo) can really give them trouble. So can the Spurs.

Edited by StreetCred, 29 December 2012 - 07:19 PM.

H2H STANDARD DAILY 9 CATS 7TH PICK:
PG Ty Lawson (Den), Isaiah Thomas (Sac), Jrue Holiday (NO), D.J. Augustin (Chi)
SG Kevin Martin (Min), Jodie Meeks (LAL)
SF Paul George (Ind), Nicholas Batum (Por)
PF Paul Millsap (Atl), Channing Frye (Pho), Terrence Jones (Hou)
C Marcin Gortat (Was), Anderson Varejao (Cle)

#15 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Here's why the Clips have a chance to win it all: CP3
Here's why they won't: They have 2 bigs that have unreliable post games and FT shooting.

This regular season win streak is impressive and well-deserved, but I think Memphis (with a now healthy Z-Bo) can really give them trouble. So can the heady Spurs.

I do agree that having both Blake and DJ on the floor to end the game may become a liability with their FT shooting, which is why I think we'll be seeing more Blake/Lamar to end the game. However, in defense of Blake, you have to respect his much improved post game this year. He's demonstrated a very reliable turnaround jumpshot this season, and has gotten a lot better at those unorthodox flip shots of his.

#16 Mcova23

Mcova23

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Last year Randolph wasn't 100%
but i still give the edge to LA should be a another 7 game series

#17 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

It is a long season and who knows which teams will be healthy and which teams will be hot come playoff time. But, one thing for certain, whoever comes out of the West is going to have to work hard to make it to the finals.

Griffin has improved somewhat but he still has limited range, his defense could be better and his FT shooting is horrendous for a guy who touches the ball as much as he does. Jordan can protect the rim but is inconsistent. I think the Thunder, Grizzlies, Spurs and possibly Lakers are huge obstacles in their path to the finals.

They lost their first matchup of the season against the Thunder on the road. They had no answer for Durant and Chris Paul struggled. We will get a better sense for where they stand when the two teams meet again in late January in L.A. They did beat Memphis in L.A. on opening night but had to rely on Jamal Crawford going off. Griffin and Jordan combined for 23 points and 13 turnovers. However, Matt Barnes didn't play in that game. He has been a major factor in their current win streak. They meet again in Memphis in mid-January.

Either way, it is really great to see their success.

Edited by mbroo5880i, 29 December 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#18 pfresh

pfresh

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

I love the direction the clippers are going. Have a good starting 5 with a phenomenal bench.

I see them going far in the playoffs (as most of us do) but they have not proved anything.

For now, they are still the clippers.

Posted Image

NFL 2014   12-Team League    9th pick Overall Redraft     Record: 8-3    Going for the 3-Peat..  2nd Place
QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR1: Vincent Jackson         WR2: Julian Edelman            WR3: Kelvin Benjamin
RB1: Demarco Murray          RB2: Zac Stacy Mark Ingram,
TE: Vernon Davis                      Defense: KC, Ind         Kicker: Parkey
Bench: Anquan Boldin, Owen Daniels, Tre Mason, Montee Ball, Martavis Bryant, Jordan Matthews
NFL 2014    10-Team League    3rd pick Overall Redraft      Record: 7-4       Going for the Repeat    4th place
QB: Matt Ryan
WR1: Keenan Allen Emmanuel Sanders       WR2: Victor Cruz   OBJ    WR3: Wes Welker   Brandon LaFell

RB1: Jamaal Charles              RB2: Montee Ball Ronnie Hillman CJ Anderson
TE: Greg Olsen                         Defense: KC                Kicker: Adam Vinatieri
Bench: Ray Rice, Josh Gordon, Kelvin Benjamin, Knowshon Moreno, Tony Romo, Jordan Matthews, Mark Sanchez

NBA 2014    14-Team League    12th pick Overall Redraft       Record: 16-4       1st Place

PG/SG: Kyrie Irving, Dwayne Wade, Darren Collison, Jameer Nelson
SG/SF: Trevor Ariza, Lance Stephenson

SF/PF: Mirza Teletovic

PF/C: Serge Ibaka, Derrick Favors, Roy Hibbert, Kelly Olynyk

#19 Thats Ridiculous

Thats Ridiculous

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 13,642 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

OMG... Chris Paul threw up a lob that looked way too high, and Deandre Jordan flew up and dunked the hell out of it! :lol: incredible!
it was so awesome.

Caron Butler is 5-5 from 3-point land so far. and it's only the 1st Quarter. :o

#20 Thats Ridiculous

Thats Ridiculous

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 13,642 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

now it's a 17 game winning streak!

btw, CP3 made this incredible steal late in the game, off an inbounds pass. Amazing!