Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

* * * - - 6 votes

Matt Harvey 2013 OutlookVote for Harvey Dent!

• Please log in to reply
1178 replies to this topic

#1161 Great8vechkin

Great8vechkin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Pick up Dickey off the waiver if he is still available. He will be a good replacement down the stretch!

#1162 WahooManiac

WahooManiac

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Beating everyone

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostGreat8vechkin, on 30 August 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

Pick up Dickey off the waiver if he is still available. He will be a good replacement down the stretch!
As in 90% owned R.A. Dickey? :blink:
Good pitching will beat good hitting anytime, and vice versa.  -Bob Veale

We're reaching the pt where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life.  Take your pick.  -Thomas Boswell

#1163 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Man, such a bummer. He was so dominant this year. Seems like a good guy, too. Almost made me want to become a Mets fan. Almost. I hope he has a swift and full recovery.

Edited by Posting In The Clutch, 30 August 2013 - 04:47 PM.

You're television incarnate, Diana: Indifferent to suffering; insensitive to joy. All of life is reduced to the common rubble of banality. War, murder, death are all the same to you as bottles of beer. And the daily business of life is a corrupt comedy. You even shatter the sensations of time and space into split seconds and instant replays. You're madness, Diana. Virulent madness. And everything you touch dies with you. But not me. Not as long as I can feel pleasure, and pain... and love.

#1164 Willsea33

Willsea33

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

I haven't forgotten about you Matt. Hope you decide to gut it out and not get surgery!

#1165 Theoneupper

Theoneupper

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

He should just have the surgery imo. Most people get the surgery even if they want/try to rehab it.Its inevitable and It just doesn't work.

Edited by Theoneupper, 14 September 2013 - 03:40 AM.

#1166 TBarber21

TBarber21

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

So he's going to try rehab first...  Anyone rolling the dice in keeper leagues with him?  I traded a king's ransom for him this season, but I don't think I'm keeping him.  I can't justify keeping him over another guy I know will play next season.
12 Team Auction League (partial keeper - $270 cap)

C - J Castro - $4
1B - M Napoli - $6
2B - A Hill - $15
SS - E Cabrera - $5
3B - D Wright - $35
OF - *J Upton - $26 , *A McCutchen - $20, *S Marte - $2
U -   D Ortiz - $26
SP - *M Bumgarner - $15, *J Fernandez - $6, C Hamels - $30, J Cueto - $16, *A Cashner - $3, H Ryu - $12, H Kuroda - $6
RP - J Veras - $3
Bench - B Moss - $5, C Tillman - $8, C Buchholtz - $6, S Kazmir - $6, E Ramirez - $4, *B Anderson - $9 (didn't want to take cap hit)

*Keepers

#1167 PBJ72

PBJ72

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

I have him in a keeper league too.  I hate to let him go, but probably will.  I have several other good keeper candidates, so will probably end up playing it safe and keeping those who are in better health

#1168 FantasyShmantasy

FantasyShmantasy

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Soo... that was probably the weirdest and most awkward interview and plug I've ever heard, on the Dan Patrick Show yesterday.
12-Team H2H Re-Draft 6x6 (Runs, AVG, HRs, RBIs, BBs, Steals) (Ws, Ls, Ks, ERA, WHIP, Saves)

C Russell Martin ©
1B Adrian Gonzalez (1B) || Adam Dunn (1B, LF) || Mitch Moreland (1B)
2B Howie Kendrick (2B)
3B Nolan Arenado (3B) || Hanley Ramirez (3B, SS) || Will Middlebrooks (3B)
SS Jimmy Rollins (SS)
LF Carlos Gonzalez (LF) || Michael Saunders (LF, CF, RF)
CF Mike Trout (LF, CF) || Dexter Fowler (CF)
RF Jose Bautista (RF) || Daniel Nava (LF, RF)

SP Cole Hamels || Jeff Samardzija || Lance Lynn || Mike Minor || Jeff Locke || Jeremy Hellickson || David Phelps || Bartolo Colon || Kevin Gausman
RP Tom Wilhelmsen || Glen Perkins

My credentials: Data analyst as my day job, have played fantasy baseball for two seasons, first-place in 10-team Roto my first season and first-place in 12-team H2H my second season.

#1169 bigbatter

bigbatter

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostFantasyShmantasy, on 19 September 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Soo... that was probably the weirdest and most awkward interview and plug I've ever heard, on the Dan Patrick Show yesterday.

Yeah wtf was that? They made nice today but Harvey came off as a real douche in that interview yesterday.

#1170 FantasyShmantasy

FantasyShmantasy

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

View Postbigbatter, on 19 September 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

View PostFantasyShmantasy, on 19 September 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Yeah wtf was that? They made nice today but Harvey came off as a real douche in that interview yesterday.

I'm surprised nobody schooled him about being a promoter/spokesperson before throwing him out there to do it, but Dan tried to clue him in and he just wasn't interested.

The interview today seemed more like a PR ploy; his first apology was basically to Qualcomm and then he just kept rambling off apologies to Dan to the point where Dan told him he gets it.
12-Team H2H Re-Draft 6x6 (Runs, AVG, HRs, RBIs, BBs, Steals) (Ws, Ls, Ks, ERA, WHIP, Saves)

C Russell Martin ©
1B Adrian Gonzalez (1B) || Adam Dunn (1B, LF) || Mitch Moreland (1B)
2B Howie Kendrick (2B)
3B Nolan Arenado (3B) || Hanley Ramirez (3B, SS) || Will Middlebrooks (3B)
SS Jimmy Rollins (SS)
LF Carlos Gonzalez (LF) || Michael Saunders (LF, CF, RF)
CF Mike Trout (LF, CF) || Dexter Fowler (CF)
RF Jose Bautista (RF) || Daniel Nava (LF, RF)

SP Cole Hamels || Jeff Samardzija || Lance Lynn || Mike Minor || Jeff Locke || Jeremy Hellickson || David Phelps || Bartolo Colon || Kevin Gausman
RP Tom Wilhelmsen || Glen Perkins

My credentials: Data analyst as my day job, have played fantasy baseball for two seasons, first-place in 10-team Roto my first season and first-place in 12-team H2H my second season.

#1171 papasmurf

papasmurf

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostPBJ72, on 17 September 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

I have him in a keeper league too.  I hate to let him go, but probably will.  I have several other good keeper candidates, so will probably end up playing it safe and keeping those who are in better health

I am keeping him. Acquired him and Longo in a deal for Goldy. (The other team offered.)

Maybe he had heard some things that I hadn't, but 3 days after I accepted, the UCL news hit. Not sure if I am just unlucky or stupid. Probably both.

I am just gonna stash him on the DL and hope for the best. It's not like he would be taking a stronger alternative's roster spot for 2014. My team is dreadful.

I wish he would just go for the Tommy John and that's it. If he starts next year with just rehab, chances are he will be subpar and go under the knife by June anyway.

#1172 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Now he might pitch in the Arizona Fall League. I have no idea what the Mets are thinking.
You're television incarnate, Diana: Indifferent to suffering; insensitive to joy. All of life is reduced to the common rubble of banality. War, murder, death are all the same to you as bottles of beer. And the daily business of life is a corrupt comedy. You even shatter the sensations of time and space into split seconds and instant replays. You're madness, Diana. Virulent madness. And everything you touch dies with you. But not me. Not as long as I can feel pleasure, and pain... and love.

#1173 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

OUCH

Brad Como of SNY reports that Matt Harvey will undergo surgery to repair a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow.

Source: Brad Como on Twitter

#1174 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,785 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

View Postjb_power, on 04 October 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

OUCH

Brad Como of SNY reports that Matt Harvey will undergo surgery to repair a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow.

Source: Brad Como on Twitter

Probably the best thing for him L-T......Bummer.
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#1175 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Better late than never.

#1176 jv35

jv35

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

I think Harvey made the right call.  Ideally, he would've had surgery as early as possible, but at least he didn't try rehab throughout the offseason only to opt for TJ during ST or early in the season.
Something tells me I could easily beat those trained professionals. - Bender

#1177 macunit

macunit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

He was out until 2015 no matter when he got the surgery. He wanted to try and rehab and pitch which is why they said he can go to the AFL. The Mets were pretty certain he'd get the surgery all along according to reports.

#1178 exm

exm

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Sucks for 2014, but glad we'll get him back healthy in 2015. In my bigger (8+) keeper leagues I'll be stashing him for sure.
Playing in 16 Yahoo Leagues: 3 Roto, 13 H2H.

#1179 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Rehabbing instead of TJ just isn't a realistic option. It hurts for owners in keeper leagues, but it was the right move for Harvey. I'd rather have him ready to dominate for the start of 2015 than to try to pitch next year before having surgery and missing part of 2015 too.
Bring back Ray!

RotoJunction.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users