Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

2013 Coaching CarouselWho's out, where are they going...

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#21 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

After fourteen years, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do without hearing "Gotta do a better job" every Monday :(
Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#22 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,830 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Dennis Dodd, CBS college football writer is tweeting that rumors are that Chip Kelly is going to Philly....Vick may stay if Kelly goes there.
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#23 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,684 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on 31 December 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

Dennis Dodd, CBS college football writer is tweeting that rumors are that Chip Kelly is going to Philly....Vick may stay if Kelly goes there.

If Vick doesnt, it sure wont  be Foles.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#24 MrArmageddon

MrArmageddon

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostGottaGetTheWin, on 31 December 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

View Postpredator_05, on 31 December 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Lovie fired after going 10-6? That's a strange move.

Must be because of how often they missed the playoffs recently.  Last year they probably make it if Cutler doesn't get hurt and maybe he is still around...who knows.  

He should be one of the first people teams will be calling to fill their vacancy or at the very worst a D-coordinator position.

He can't beat the Packers. His coordinators are bad. And the team started 7-1 and missed the playoffs. I expect Mike Tice to be out as well, but they may wait until they hire a coach and have him do it when he brings in his own staff.
12 Team Standard Scoring

QB Tom Brady
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Matt Forte
RB/WR/TE Julius Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Jordan Cameron
D/ST Bills (Stream)
K Zuerlein (Stream)
BE Percy Harvin
BE Josh Gordon
BE Bernard Pierce
BE Andy Dalton

#25 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 24,830 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

View PostMrArmageddon, on 31 December 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Must be because of how often they missed the playoffs recently.  Last year they probably make it if Cutler doesn't get hurt and maybe he is still around...who knows.  

He should be one of the first people teams will be calling to fill their vacancy or at the very worst a D-coordinator position.

He can't beat the Packers. His coordinators are bad. And the team started 7-1 and missed the playoffs. I expect Mike Tice to be out as well, but they may wait until they hire a coach and have him do it when he brings in his own staff.

You must be thrilled.  Who is the media speculating on?  Chuckie?  He seemingly is the first guy everyone runs to guess about....ha, ha, ha....

#26 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 24,830 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on 31 December 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

You must be thrilled.  Who is the media speculating on?  Chuckie?  He seemingly is the first guy everyone runs to guess about....ha, ha, ha....

Well, to answer my own questions.....looks like the Bears are interested in McCoy...

The Bears have requested permission to interview Broncos OC Mike McCoy for their head coaching vacancy.
According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, McCoy is a "very, very hot name right now." McCoy drew rave reviews for changing Denver's offense in-season in 2011, and dragging the Broncos to the playoffs with Tim Tebow at quarterback. This season, his stock has stayed hot with Peyton Manning at the offensive controls.

#27 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 11,190 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

I saw Chuckie's name linked to the Eagles yesterday. I'm seeing tweets this morning that there's interest in Kelly, O'Brien from Penn State, Arians and Greg Roman.
SoB Tifo ~ AD FINEM FIDELIS ~ Bearfight Brigade

"Oh, you can't scare me, I'm stickin' to the Union!"

#28 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

I can't believe there hasn't been more heat on Jim Schwartz.  I know the Lions made the playoffs last year but their lack of character, chemistry, discipline, focus, ect... are things that all fall on the coach if you ask me.  They should be WAY better than they were this year and I know the injury bug bit them but they were headed downhill fast before they started losing players left and right.  

I think they need someone who is more of a disciplinarian there to get that team in line, they have the talent and potential to be a playoff contendor for the next 5 years.

This also is a little discerning.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz stated Monday that he has no problem with Matthew Stafford's inconsistent passing mechanics.

Stafford's mechanics devolved in 2012 to the extent that you never knew in what way the ball would come out. It undoubtedly contributed to Stafford's ups and downs, but the Lions don't seem concerned. "His mechanics are very good," Schwartz insisted. "... He doesn't have mechanical problems. He's very creative as a quarterback." We find this a bit worrisome entering the offseason.

#29 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on 31 December 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

I've heard a ton of Chip Kelly talk to Phili over the last few weeks.  It would be interesting if it happened as I think Vick would HAVE to be retained.  As I said in another thread though, the way the Eagles are going they would be the team to bring in a spread offense, read/option type coach and then keep stone foot Foles in at QB.    

As far as I can tell there aren't any running QBs hitting the market this year, Geno Smith being the closest thing to one.  I don't think there is anyway that Vick is gone if Kelly is there and he knows it, that's why he won't restructure his deal.  If Kelly does go he could also be a good value at QB, a lot more running I would think.

#30 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on 31 December 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

Jeff Ireland, Dolphins GM, is reportedly safe.

This will be his year to shine.  

Depending how he handles the Reggie Bush situation, his pursuit of a legit WR1, and Jake Long's contract situation will probably determine if he is back next year..maybe even if he makes it through the season.

#31 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

If Chip Kelly goes to Philly, Shady McCoy's value goes through the roof.  Granted it's the NCAA and it's hard to say how it translates to the NFL, but the Oregon backs have YPC through the roof.  As we've seen with Washington and less recently Tennessee with VY, a running QB opens gaps for RB's when used properly.

#32 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

View Postnickalero99, on 31 December 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

If Chip Kelly goes to Philly, Shady McCoy's value goes through the roof.  Granted it's the NCAA and it's hard to say how it translates to the NFL, but the Oregon backs have YPC through the roof.  As we've seen with Washington and less recently Tennessee with VY, a running QB opens gaps for RB's when used properly.

I could see Buffalo make a big run at Kelly as well to pair with Spiller.  They would then have to be in the market for a mobile QB but at the same time if Phili doesn't get Kelly then they undoubtably will release Vick and Buffalo can make a run at him.

#33 hawkeyefootball

hawkeyefootball

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostTheoneupper, on 31 December 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Strange indeed. So many coaches getting fired, but this one was surprising.

Bears have missed the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 seasons. It wasn't all about this season, more about the lack of production against teams above .500 over the course of his career.

#34 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostGottaGetTheWin, on 31 December 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

I could see Buffalo make a big run at Kelly as well to pair with Spiller.  They would then have to be in the market for a mobile QB but at the same time if Phili doesn't get Kelly then they undoubtably will release Vick and Buffalo can make a run at him.

I doubt that such a decorated college coach would go to one of the NFL's backwater franchises...
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#35 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

View Postpredator_05, on 31 December 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

I doubt that such a decorated college coach would go to one of the NFL's backwater franchises...

If the money is right....no matter where he goes he should be in line for a nice contract.

Edited by GottaGetTheWin, 31 December 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#36 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,525 posts

View Posthawkeyefootball, on 31 December 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

View PostTheoneupper, on 31 December 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Strange indeed. So many coaches getting fired, but this one was surprising.

Bears have missed the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 seasons. It wasn't all about this season, more about the lack of production against teams above .500 over the course of his career.

Yeah, that makes sense. Plus their offense hasn't shown any real improvement over the past few years.

#37 MrArmageddon

MrArmageddon

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,251 posts

I actually thought they should have let him coach the final year of his contract but for some reason that NEVER happens in the NFL.

I don't think they'll go after Cowher or Gruden because both want too much power. It's one thing to bring in your own staff, but they both want to make personnel decisions and that's not why you hired Phil Emery.
12 Team Standard Scoring

QB Tom Brady
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Matt Forte
RB/WR/TE Julius Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Jordan Cameron
D/ST Bills (Stream)
K Zuerlein (Stream)
BE Percy Harvin
BE Josh Gordon
BE Bernard Pierce
BE Andy Dalton

#38 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Interesting here.  Any chance the Chiefs can get a Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden to come back?  Maybe Nick Saban although I don't know why on earth Saban would ever leave Alabama.

According to Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, "no final determination" has been made on GM Scott Pioli's status.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Chiefs' new head coach will "help determine" Pioli's fate. Tellingly, Hunt said "I" and not "we" when referring to the team's upcoming coaching search. It's an unusual approach that suggests the Chiefs will be looking to install a czar-like figure — a la Mike Holmgren in Cleveland — at head coach. Pioli is probably less than 50-50 to keep his job.

#39 hawkeyefootball

hawkeyefootball

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostMrArmageddon, on 31 December 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

I actually thought they should have let him coach the final year of his contract but for some reason that NEVER happens in the NFL.

I don't think they'll go after Cowher or Gruden because both want too much power. It's one thing to bring in your own staff, but they both want to make personnel decisions and that's not why you hired Phil Emery.

Didn't see it posted, but the first name I've seen being floated around is Denver OC Mike McCoy.

#40 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Kelly would have a lot to work with at Philly. He is a speed junkie and the Eagles have plenty of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users