Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

New York Jets 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
171 replies to this topic

#161 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

dam that is like asking if you want your left or right ball removed. ^^^

I guess I would go with hill since I heard geno and him had chemistry.

if nothing else hill can catch the occasional deep bomb.

#162 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Deep draft. I'm in the middle of it right now. PPR. Who do I take? Jeremy Kerley or Stephen Hill?

Kerley is a safter pick, but Hill probably has more upside. If I were taking a flyer I'd rather have Hill. If I needed sure points, I would draft Kerley. Actually, if I needed sure points I would never draft a Jets WR.

Edited by Iron-cock, 23 August 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#163 RonPaulRonPaulRonPaul

RonPaulRonPaulRonPaul

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

dam that is like asking if you want your left or right ball removed. ^^^

I guess I would go with hill since I heard geno and him had chemistry.

if nothing else hill can catch the occasional deep bomb.

I did some more research into it too. Hill is by far the better talent. Kerley is more mature, experienced, disciplined - should also catch more balls this year. I took Hill in the last round. Look at what Skelton did with Roberts or Henne and Shorts/Blackmon. One of these WRs has top 36 potential. I'll likely drop him when it's time to pick up a DEF/K, but in deep leagues both WR do have fantasy relevance.
12-Team PPR
3-0 w/ #1 Waiver Wire

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Reggie Bush
WR: Danny Amendola
WR: Jordy Nelson
TE: Jimmy Graham
Flex: Pierre Garcon
K: Dan Bailey
DEF: New England Patriots (or streaming)
Bench: Tony Romo, Gio Bernard, Josh Gordon, Anquan Boldin, Joique Bell, Kenbrell Thompkins, Defense of the Week

#164 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

New York Jets 2013 Season Outlook:

Posted Image

That's Santonio Homes ejecting.

Edited by Iron-cock, 23 August 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#165 RonPaulRonPaulRonPaul

RonPaulRonPaulRonPaul

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm predicting a fairly big day here. With Kerley out my projections are:

Geno 55 Attempts, 275 P Yards, 45 R yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs.

Hill 8 receptions 110 yards 1 TD

Winslow 7 receptions, 70 yards 1 TD

Holmes 2 receptions 50 yards

Powell 4 receptions 30 yards

12-Team PPR
3-0 w/ #1 Waiver Wire

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Reggie Bush
WR: Danny Amendola
WR: Jordy Nelson
TE: Jimmy Graham
Flex: Pierre Garcon
K: Dan Bailey
DEF: New England Patriots (or streaming)
Bench: Tony Romo, Gio Bernard, Josh Gordon, Anquan Boldin, Joique Bell, Kenbrell Thompkins, Defense of the Week

#166 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

Jets are winning another one

FTR, I hate the Jets
20 team, 4 keepers, standard score league:
QB-Ben Roethlisberger
WR-Dez Bryant
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Desean Jackson
RB-Chris Johnson
RB- Ryan Mathews
TE-Charles Clay
W/R- Allen Hurns BN- Knile Davis BN-BenJarvus Green-Ellis BN-John Brown BN- Jake Locker
K-Dan Bailey, Greg The Leg
Def- Denver, New York Giants

#167 SuperSurgeMC

SuperSurgeMC

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Benching Dee Milliner?

#168 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

The Jets are absolute morons. Remember when the Jets were in talks with the Bucs about trading Revis? The Bucs wanted to give the Jets this year's 1st round pick (2014), but the Jets wanted last year's 1st round pick (2013). Now the Bucs are 0-4, and look to be a huge mess at the moment. I know there are a lot of "ifs" there, and it is still early in the season, but still. Imagine if the Bucs finish in the bottom 3 this year? The Jets are going to be kicking themselves for not taking this year's pick. There wasn't anyway of knowing they were going to be this bad, but now looking back at it, it was a pretty dumb move to insist on the 2013 1st round pick instead of the 2014 1st round pick.

Jets=Laughing Stock of the NFL

Edited by NYR Fan 116894, 02 October 2013 - 04:52 PM.

Adam Brown (Fearless)=Hero. May you never be forgotten.

#169 Spina

Spina

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

The Jets are absolute morons. Remember when the Jets were in talks with the Bucs about trading Revis? The Bucs wanted to give the Jets this year's 1st round pick (2014), but the Jets wanted last year's 1st round pick (2013). Now the Bucs are 0-4, and look to be a huge mess at the moment. I know there are a lot of "ifs" there, and it is still early in the season, but still. Imagine if the Bucs finish in the bottom 3 this year? The Jets are going to be kicking themselves for not taking this year's pick. There wasn't anyway of knowing they were going to be this bad, but now looking back at it, it was a pretty dumb move to insist on the 2013 1st round pick instead of the 2014 1st round pick.

Says the Giants Fan. So now the Jets suck cause they can't perdict the future? Cool.

__Master Mind___
16-T .5 PPR (5-3)

QB: Peyton Manning

WR: Andre Johnson

WR: Emmanuel Sanders

WR: Justin Hunter

RB: Giovanni Bernard

RB: Chris Ivory

TE: Travis Kelce

FX: Malcolm Floyd

K: Cody Parkey

D: Streaming

Bench:  Josh Gordon, Jeremy Hill, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Jonas Gray, Chris Johnson, Christine Michael   

#170 Backdoor Slider

Backdoor Slider

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

No it wasn't. TB was a playoff team 2 years ago and had what appeared to be a down year. They had their franchise RB & the obvious assumption that Revis would improve the defense and many predicted TB to be at least .500. It was smart to insist on the 2013 pick & bad luck that they are such a mess.
**Poster Formerly Known as 2Balls

Keep up to 7 (Lose round per keeper):

Goldschmidt
JFernandez
Bryce
Kipnis
CGomez
--------------
TFrazier
Teheran

C.Davis
Pence
CSantana
CHamels
DMesoraco

#171 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Says the Giants Fan. So now the Jets suck cause they can't perdict the future? Cool.

I said in the original post in the last sentence: "There wasn't anyway of knowing they were going to be this bad, but now looking back at it, it was a pretty dumb move to insist on the 2013 1st round pick instead of the 2014 1st round pick."

Also, I'm not a Giants fan. Actually a Jets fan.

Edited by NYR Fan 116894, 02 October 2013 - 08:53 PM.

Adam Brown (Fearless)=Hero. May you never be forgotten.

#172 Spina

Spina

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I said in the original post in the last sentence: "There wasn't anyway of knowing they were going to be this bad, but now looking back at it, it was a pretty dumb move to insist on the 2013 1st round pick instead of the 2014 1st round pick."

Also, I'm not a Giants fan. Actually a Jets fan.

So you're calling your own team, who happens to be a surprise 2-2 with a rookie QB and what looks to be a great defense, "The Laughing Stock of the NFL"? Just because the Jets were everyone's punch-line prior to the season doesn't mean you, as a "fan" of the team, has to add to the nonsense. Being a season ticket holder for those same NY Jets for the past 12 years I am ashamed to have you as a fellow fan. Therefore, I have just revoked your Jets card sir. Sorry.

__Master Mind___
16-T .5 PPR (5-3)

QB: Peyton Manning

WR: Andre Johnson

WR: Emmanuel Sanders

WR: Justin Hunter

RB: Giovanni Bernard

RB: Chris Ivory

TE: Travis Kelce

FX: Malcolm Floyd

K: Cody Parkey

D: Streaming

Bench:  Josh Gordon, Jeremy Hill, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Jonas Gray, Chris Johnson, Christine Michael