Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

New Years Resolution

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Anything different you plan on doing to your fantasy basketball teams. Any trades, sell highs or adjustments to your roster? Anything you learned up to this point? post here
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#2 crazy47larry

crazy47larry

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

I am trying to trim my deadweight and attack my strengths at this point in my H2H leagues. It isn't really a resolution as much as it is a realization. I have a great team for a PUNT PTs build so I am going to go through with that as best I can right now. Aaron Afflalo, who I really like, is not as valuable to my team now compared to his street value so I am hopeful to trade him for someone who fits my build better (Kawhi, Korver, Barnes ideally). Another team I am doing the PUNT FT% Dwight build so I am gonna try and trade for Blake Griffin, Josh SMith, Rajon Rondo, Iggy. I don't mind overpaying at this point because I know my teams identity and it will almost certainly be worth it.

I should note this has nothing to do with New Years it is just a coincidence.

#3 hornrimmed_rambis

hornrimmed_rambis

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I made a resolution at the start of this season, does that count? It was to trust my own judgement, and not overreact to early returns on players I liked. In previous seasons, I had a tendency to quit early on players, only to see them blossom over the course of the season. So that's one reason I have been a buy-and-hold on guys like Shved, Seraphin, Biyombo, Jrue, Lowry, Pau, Matthews. Every one of those guys has had some troubles, but I tend to hold instead of panicking this year.

A counter effect of this has been that I'm not trading as much as in years past. I traded Mayo/Jrich to land Tyson Chandler, which was just fine for me, even though Mayo blew up.
My team:
G: Wall, George Hill, Knight, Lou Williams, Kobe, Farmar
F: Turner, Carroll, TJones, Mike Scott, Alphabet
C: Anthony Davis, Valanciunas, Glen Davis

#4 Pau Gasol's Neckbeard

Pau Gasol's Neckbeard

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

I play in a roto league with games played limits so I recently realized I need to consolidate to fewer guys with higher value. Obviously if I get major injuries I'm screwed but I'd rather have fewer better players and can work the wire more.

#5 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

View Posthornrimmed_rambis, on 31 December 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

I made a resolution at the start of this season, does that count? It was to trust my own judgement, and not overreact to early returns on players I liked. In previous seasons, I had a tendency to quit early on players, only to see them blossom over the course of the season. So that's one reason I have been a buy-and-hold on guys like Shved, Seraphin, Biyombo, Jrue, Lowry, Pau, Matthews. Every one of those guys has had some troubles, but I tend to hold instead of panicking this year.

A counter effect of this has been that I'm not trading as much as in years past. I traded Mayo/Jrich to land Tyson Chandler, which was just fine for me, even though Mayo blew up.
like this one. Too many people trade away good solid players when they are going through slumps. This is one of the main reasons i continue to hold oon Rudy Gay

-Coach Tom Coughlin

NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#6 Bkswag

Bkswag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Good thing u guys snuck In this post In 2012 .. Cause this has to be the worst post of the year ... Lol can I have those 5 minutes of my life back please ..
PG - Damian Thrillard • Kemba Sky Walker • Michael "The Carter" Willams
SG - Sir Lance-Alot Stevenson • Wesley Big Body Mathews •
SF  - Kawhi "Top 30 in 9 cat" Leanord • Tobias Princess Harris • Trevor Corner 3 Ariza •
PF  - Anthony "The Brow" Davis • Blake "High Griffinition" Griffin
C   - Dwight Superman Howard • Jonas V-Nasty Valanclunis
UTIL - Singler • Harkless

12 team

Poised to win a championship!

#7 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostBkswag, on 01 January 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Good thing u guys snuck In this post In 2012 .. Cause this has to be the worst post of the year ... Lol can I have those 5 minutes of my life back please ..
just a question to get a simple conversation going. If you didnt wish to participate, you could of just moved along

-Coach Tom Coughlin

#RealDealWheeler

#8 Bkswag

Bkswag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Ohh my bad , I didn't realize u had started it! Happy new year metsfan!
PG - Damian Thrillard • Kemba Sky Walker • Michael "The Carter" Willams
SG - Sir Lance-Alot Stevenson • Wesley Big Body Mathews •
SF  - Kawhi "Top 30 in 9 cat" Leanord • Tobias Princess Harris • Trevor Corner 3 Ariza •
PF  - Anthony "The Brow" Davis • Blake "High Griffinition" Griffin
C   - Dwight Superman Howard • Jonas V-Nasty Valanclunis
UTIL - Singler • Harkless

12 team

Poised to win a championship!