22 replies to this topic

#1 k.k.

k.k.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Looking ahead to the 2013 season, what do you suppose the Denver RB situation will be heading into Week 1?

McGahee was the man until he went down. Many expected rookie Hillman to get the ball next but Moreno came from the depths and filled in more than admirably for fantasy owners. Seems like Hillman is just not trusted yet but has talent.

So who gets the ball in 2013?

It'll be interesting to see first what Denver does in the playoffs as McGahee is rumored to be back soon and could play if the Broncos make the AFC Championship game.

I have both McGahee and Moreno in a 16 team keeper league and am thinking the 2013 season looks like a RBBC situation in the making, hurting both players' value and also affecting Hillman's ability to show what he can do and earn a bigger piece of the pie.
Of course, McGahee or Moreno could also be traded in the offseason, which would clear things up more so.

What do you guys think? With a high-powered offense like the Broncos have become, I'm real curious what to think about the RB corps there heading into 2013.

#2 shypri

shypri

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

McGahee was the man because they thought they had no other back who could shoulder a significant load. Moreno has shown them enough to be that guy. Remember McGahee had fumble issues and will be another year older.
10 team league (includes OPS and BB for hitters, K/BB and QS for pitchers)

C : Santana
1B: Freeman
2B: Carpenter
3B: Miggy
SS: Peralta
IF: LaRoche
LF: Choo
CF: Puig
RF: Heyward
OF: Stanton
UTI: Crisp
UTI:Aramis

SP: Verlander, Cobb, Lester, Fister, Kennedy, TyRoss, Stroman, Miley, Odorizzi
RP:  Rosenthal, Robertson, Doolittle, Allen

#3 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,767 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Yeah I think with McGahee getting up there in age, Moreno might be the guy going forward, with McGahee coming in on 3rd downs or spelling him out.

Edited by ToO_BaD, 01 January 2013 - 06:05 PM.

RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte, Trent Richardson,
DeAngelo Williams, Stepfan Taylor, Shaun Draughn
WR: Pierre Garçon, Larry Fitzgerald, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson
W/R/T: T.Y. Hilton, Mike Evans
TE: Vernon Davis,
Antonio Gates
DEF: Denver D/ST
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Any Given Pick League (Friends): 11-team non-PPR, Running point total, 10pt all TDs, 10 point bonus at 100 yds rush/rec or 300 yards passing, Can keep up to three players drafted 9th round or later for 4 years after draft (* = keepers prior to draft)

QB: Nick Foles
RB: Eddie Lacy, Arian Foster, Lamar Miller, Fred Jackson*, Terrance West
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones*, Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, Josh Gordon*
Flex: Percy Harvin
TE: Kyle Rudolph
DEF: Cincy D/ST
K: Crosby

#4 k.k.

k.k.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Yeah I think with McGahee getting up there in age, Moreno might be the guy going forward, with McGahee coming in on 3rd downs or spelling him out.

Do you really think that McGahee won't get a shot at getting his starter's job back? He was having a decent season, fumbles aside, before going down with injury.

#5 Major

Major

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Do you really think that McGahee won't get a shot at getting his starter's job back? He was having a decent season, fumbles aside, before going down with injury.

At 32 with his injury issues I'd be shocked if he wins the starting job back.

#6 ipg46

ipg46

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:Dumpster Diving

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

It's going to be like 2012's FJax and Spiller, with the difference being that Fjax is better than McGahee and Spiller is better than Moreno, and Spiller's differential over FJax is greater than Moreno's over McGahee. Now, if anyone can explain what I just said, that would be wonderful. Thank you and good night.
Yahoo League (Going for the Three-Peat!) (12-teams / QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLX, K, DEF, IDP / 6 pts all TDs / 1 point=50 pass yards or 15 rec yards or 10 rush yards): Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, Josh Gordon, LeVeon Bell, Toby Gerhart, Ben Tate, Ray Rice, Zach Ertz, Bernard Pierce, LeGarrette Blount, Shonn Greene, Jarrett Boykin, Mason Crosby, Vikings D.

ESPN League (Runner up 2 years running--looking for the win!) (12-teams / QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLX, K, DEF / 4 pts pass TDs; 6 pts all others / 1 point=20 pass yards or 10 rec yards or 10 rush yards): Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb, Mike Wallace, Rueben Randle, Michael Floyd, Josh Gordon, Ben Tate, Frank Gore, Ray Rice, Stevan Ridley, Fred Jackson, Vernon Davis, Bernard Pierce, Carlos Hyde, Jarrett Boykin, Adam Vinatieri.

#7 fremaochris

fremaochris

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

He was having a decent season, fumbles aside, before going down with injury.Posted Image

#8 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

So who's the guy to own in this backfield next year? It's clear there is solid production to be had in this backfield as this is an offense that moves the ball, generates points, and Peyton doesn't mind passing to his RB's.

I'm not sure, what I'm most sure of is that it's probably not Mcgahee. Even if he does stay on the roster, if they try and bring him back to the "shoulder the load" role he's just going to get hurt again, he's older now and is on the decline of his career. However, they could give him the shorter yardage situational goal line looks, and he could be a mind-numbing TD vulture. I remember Mcgahee getting all the rushing TD's in BAL despite Rice and others doing all the yardage work before Rice emerged.

So I'm left wondering

A.) if Moreno is the one worth targeting next year, as he closed the season in a strong way.

B.) or if Hillman is in line to develop into a more complete back after another year, turning into the guy to own that will be the most productive back.

C.) Or with the potential immense frustration Mcgahee could cause that this is a backfield to avoid altogether.

#9 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I don't think Denver even knows yet.

#10 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Honestly, It comes down to either Hillman or Moreno. I lean toward the latter, I'm not sure tiny shifty Hillman could ever be trusted for a featured role, and being a workhorse that can block etc. I'm trying to think, are there any backs of his size that can pass block well in this league?

#11 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Just when it seemed like the Broncos had pulled off a nearly perfect start to the new season:

http://www.rotoworld...mervil-released

wow, 7 minutes cost them Elvis Dumervil and $4.8 million in cap space.......

If you're a conspiracy theorist, it makes you think Dumervil's agent think's he can get more than the 8 million on the FA market and Dumervil wanted to give the Broncos a big FU for making him take a pay cut.

Edited by Ribobizert, 15 March 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#12 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Technically Dumervil can test the market now, but I think he ends up getting back to DEN, myself.

#13 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

do they have the cap space left after the penalty to even offer Elvis near the $8 mill he was to receive after restructuring?

I'm no NFL talent scout but if Cliff Avril was considered the #1 pass rusher available in free agency, i'd think Dumervil's #s and proven talent would put him ahead of Avril if free agency was reset to start today?

Edited by Ribobizert, 15 March 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#14 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Denver took a $5 mil hit as a result of that. No chance he comes back to the Denver. I'd be pretty annoyed if i was Dumervil.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#15 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,646 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Denver took a $5 mil hit as a result of that. No chance he comes back to the Denver. I'd be pretty annoyed if i was Dumervil.

The paperwork was late because Dumervil didn't sign until 407 PM, according to that report. If true, that's entirely on Dumervil. Doubt he sniffs 8M now. What a bonehead move. As for DEN, they lose 4.9M - likely Abraham or Freeney get a 1-year deal at 4-5M.
Football PPR 2014 - Cutler, L. Bell, R. Jennings, Dez, Marshall, V-Jax, Justin Hunter, Quick, Rudolph, HOU DST. D-Thomas fan club member.
Dynasty 2014 - Romo, E. Lacy, Gore, Gerhart, C-Michael, D-Train, K. Allen, R. White, M. Evans, Quick, J. Graham, L. Green, HOU DST.

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#16 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

I just heard on NFL network that according to Dumervil's agent the first contract they got to sign today had some incorrect #s on guaranteed money for the 2nd year.
1:33 PM - The broncos sent a final copy and the #s were wrong so agent asked for it to be revised
1:42 PM - Dumervil gets the actual final copy and his agent has to read over the contract and make sure it was correct.
1:55 PM - Dumervil calls the broncos and tells them the fax is coming, they tell him they can't wait anymore and will have to cut him.

Of course the Broncos disagree with this timeline...so obviously one of the parties is lying.

As of now we don't know the exact truth to the times all of these exchanges occurred, but I find it hard to fathom that within a billion dollar business they're using archaic fax machines & apparently nobody has ever heard of scanning a contract and e-mailing it.

#17 SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Who the hell uses fax machines? I can't say I'm very old but I've never sent a fax in my entire life. I think the agent is to blame here, but I'm curious as to why Dumervil hasn't fired him yet.

There's no way Dumervil goes back to Denver with that cap hit in the books now. They said he's been contacted by a few different teams already. I'd like to think the Bucs are one of them but the we've been going so far, it's not likely...
12 Team Standard (Pick 11) (1-1)
QB: Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Demarco Murray, Andre Ellington, Toby Gerhart, Terrance West
WR: Dez Bryant, Keenan Allen, Mike Wallace, Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, Josh Gordon
TE: Jordan Cameron, Travis Kelce
Def: Bucs (Stream)
K: Robbie Gould

#18 cowbell204

cowbell204

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

Denver Broncos Pro Bowl linebacker Von Miller is facing a four-game suspension for violating NFL policy, per multiple sources.

#19 hkkid92

hkkid92

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Come playoff time (week 14 & 15), do you guys see the Broncos team coasting?

Edited by hkkid92, 09 October 2013 - 01:58 PM.

12 Man Standard league

QB: Nick Foles
WR: Roddy White

WR: Mike Wallace

WR: Alshon Jeffery

RB: Giovani Bernard
RB: Andre Ellington 

W/R/T: Terrance West

TE: Greg Olsen
D: Indianapolis
K: Cody Parkey

Bench: Michael Floyd / Adrian Peterson / Matt Asiata / Travis Kelce / Josh Gordon / Alfred Blue

#20 MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Interests:MinnieMouse, Goofy, Pluto, Cheesetits

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Too early to tell. If they can stay undefeated dont think so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users