Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Tyrus Thomas 2012-2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 Hammers

Hammers

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

I think we all have been burned by him in the past. However, it seems like he is getting ready to play again after injuring his calf. With Mullens out and the team struggling, this Cat may get some burn and may be a good source for blocks, steals and rebounds.

http://www.charlotte...-different.html

In pertinent part:

Thomas close: Forward Tyrus Thomas practiced on Wednesday, and Dunlap said his return to the floor will be coming “very soon.”

Thomas played eight games before tearing a muscle in his left calf in mid-November and was slated to be out two months. Dunlap said he expects to have Thomas back in the rotation “in the next several games.”

“Tyrus has been a big part of what we’re doing,” Henderson said. “We missed him while he’s been out and we’re looking forward to him being back.

“Missing that time, he just needs to get himself in game shape, and he’ll get that in practices and we’ll see when he starts playing, but he’s looking pretty good.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

#2 kobe24

kobe24

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,124 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Hopefully he can get some run. He is a beastly shot blocker

#3 TheWhiteMamba

TheWhiteMamba

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

He'll have a decent game once in a blue moon but I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. He has the body of a SF but no ball handling or shooting skills whatsoever.
10 team .5 ppr
QB: Stafford
RB: Murray, Ellington
WR: Dez Bryant, Roddy White
TE: Kelce
FLEX: Rashad Jennings
D: stream
K: Bailey
BN: DeSean Jackson
BN: Erick Decker
BN: Denard Robinson
BN: Martavis Bryant
BN: Ahmad Bradshaw
BN: Jordan Reed

12 team H2H Points(Rebs 1.5, assists 2.5, blks&stls 3, TOs -1)
PG: Kemba Walker, Jeremy Lin, Oladipo
SG: Wade, Avery Bradley, Courtney Lee
SF: Kobe Bryant, Draymond Green, Giannis Antekuonpo
PF/C: DeMarcus Cousins, LaMarcus Aldridge, Markieff Morris, Channing Frye

#4 michael_scott

michael_scott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

He's been kind of misused and very injury prone in recent years but he's capable of putting up monster defensive stats with no one really to take his minutes right now. He should be in his prime and the Cats need to take a close look at the guy paid over 8m/yr. I dont know if he succeeds but with this comments made by the coach I grabbed him to wait and see what happens.

#5 tremixt

tremixt

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

He doesn't deserve a thread nor does he warrant a roster spot unless you're in a 18-20 team league.

#6 Hammers

Hammers

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Tough call on this guy. He always lures me in and I always feel bad for falling for him. I then say never again only to fall for him once again. I am simply desperate for blocks and no one in my league wants to trade away a big. He is primed for at least 25 minutes given the current roster. If this is so, I think he can put up 10 points, 6 reb with almost a steal and 1.8 blocks. He shoots FT at a decent rate. I guess you can do a lot worse -- Biyombo comes to mind. I'm falling for him once again. My bad.

#7 TheGreatUnwashed

TheGreatUnwashed

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

To all, don't do it.

This applies to James Johnson as well.

Edited by TheGreatUnwashed, 03 January 2013 - 02:34 PM.

"Sir, it's Mega Maid. She's gone from suck to blow!"

12 Team Daily H2H 9 Cat

G - Beverley, Beal, Walker, Blake, Ellis
F - T Jones, Marion, Deng, Pierce, W Chandler
C - Ibaka, Gasol, Anderson, Hawes

#8 Hammers

Hammers

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yes, it has train wreck written all over it, but just can't help myself.

#9 darkyume

darkyume

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

I own Ersan Ilyasova and Isaiah Thomas, and I like to bang my head against the wall. I still would not consider picking him up, unless he actually strings together 2 or 3 good games in a row.

#10 nbafan_123

nbafan_123

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I agree every year I added this guy and he always burns me. Yet the blocks are tempting and as mentioned he is getting paid so him get decent minutes. Problem is his IQ is pretty low. I see him as a poor mans Mcgee at best.

#11 jim james

jim james

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

tyrus thomas is probably the biggest fantasy tease since darius miles or eddie griffin

#12 pduce242424

pduce242424

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

tyrus thomas is probably the biggest fantasy tease since darius miles or eddie griffin

Anthony Randolph anyone??

14 team Dynasty 8 cat

Guards: Kyrie, Steph, Monta Ellis, IT2, Wroten, Mo WIlliams

SF: Parsons, Brewer, Korver

Big Men: Brow, Drummond, Lopez, Sanders, Jordan Hill, Taj Gibson

#13 Hammers

Hammers

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

One last point on TT... He played just under 18 minutes per game before he sustained the injury. He was averaging 1.4 blocks per game. Please recall that this was at a time that Mullens was the talk of the town. Mullens is no longer the golden boy and has sustained a significant injury. There is a good chance that TT will receive 25 to 28 minutes per game. He has only averaged 27 minutes one other year and provided very serviceable numbers (just under 11 points and 1.9 blocks, 6.4 boards) and that was with a better Bulls team than the Bobcats. I wouldn't be surprised if he does a bit better. See, I'm in love again. Can't wait til he shows up in a uni.

#14 hifica

hifica

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

I drafted him in my 20 team league, but has been disappointed, as a PF, he shoots low FG%, that's unacceptable.

#15 Zak0221

Zak0221

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

I owned TT last year and probably previous 2-3 years as one of my favorite 'last pick of draft sleepers'. He played pretty good last year at the start, as I enjoyed his 9 block game but if you actually watch him he has NO semblance for how to actually play basketball. TT literally is an alien on the court and the only thing he can do is jump and block a shot. He isn't an energy rebound guy, and barely even attacks the basket with force, he's the most invisible athletic freak that is even possible to be created. His blocks and steals are bc his arms are so long and when they stick him at SF he will overwhelm smaller SFs or bad teams, but put him on the court versus any real opponent I dare you to even find him doing ANYTHING useful out there.

Would only add him if you are desperate for a week or so of some blocks but even then I would consider probably Marcus Camby types out there over him.

Dont do it.......

#16 Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Anthony Randolph anyone??

and Stromile Swift
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7......

#17 Hammers

Hammers

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hey, we all understand that the guys doesn't have the brain power. However, I don't believe he has ever had such an opportunity.

#18 tremixt

tremixt

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hey, we all understand that the guys doesn't have the brain power. However, I don't believe he has ever had such an opportunity.

Are you new to fantasy? :blink:

Are you just using this thread to air justifications as why you will eventually, if you haven't already, pick up TT? If you're going to pick him up, just go ahead, dude.

#19 Heavy_Jon

Heavy_Jon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Something's got to give! Or he starts bustin his [expeletive] off or he may be best suited to leave NBA for good. Despite being so many times burned, I still remember 3 yrs ago when he was traded to Charlotte and he put up something like this in fantasy playoffs: 10.5pts/8.6rebs/1.2ast/1.7stls/2.2blks, geting that from a guy that was ww material, made me feel that bliss that only fantasy players who spent eons of hours of their lives competing for an imaterial prize do.
So if the coach says he's an important part of the rotation, his teamates say they missed him, and Brick Mullens is sidelined, and his only competion is a career 3rd string PF, I'm gonna bite, because he has talent and an oportunity, and those two things are 90% of gettin the job done. Yes I'm a sucker (who plays in a 16 team league).

#20 Zak0221

Zak0221

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Something's got to give! Or he starts bustin his [expeletive] off or he may be best suited to leave NBA for good. Despite being so many times burned, I still remember 3 yrs ago when he was traded to Charlotte and he put up something like this in fantasy playoffs: 10.5pts/8.6rebs/1.2ast/1.7stls/2.2blks, geting that from a guy that was ww material, made me feel that bliss that only fantasy players who spent eons of hours of their lives competing for an imaterial prize do.
So if the coach says he's an important part of the rotation, his teamates say they missed him, and Brick Mullens is sidelined, and his only competion is a career 3rd string PF, I'm gonna bite, because he has talent and an oportunity, and those two things are 90% of gettin the job done. Yes I'm a sucker (who plays in a 16 team league).

reread my post lol, if you need blocks go ahead and grab him, if you are hoping for roto-friendly lines that give you happy-time dreams at night, move along......