210 replies to this topic

#1 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,578 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

is this guy going to improve on strikeouts or batting average or be adam dunn like. adam dunn in a crappy season minus two years ago.

#2 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,578 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

what can we expect from this homerun or nothing guy. his numbers decreased after the all star break.

#3 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Grandy had a down year last year like most of the rest of his team. His 2012 showed the worst-case scenario with him - he's still a nice option for speed, power, runs. I'd definitely take him as an OF2/3 depending on where he's going. I expect him to come at a discount this year.

Comparing him to Dunn is a bit ridiculous - it was a bad year.
SuperJoint Signature™ available only to RotoWorld Forums Gold Club™ Members

#4 2ndCitySox

2ndCitySox

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,384 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Nicely said, superjoint. Is this a contract year too?
All-Icon Team:
C- Carlton Fisk
1B- Frank Thomas
2B- Ryne Sandberg
SS- Ozzie Smith
3B- Wade Boggs
CF- Rickey
LF- Kirk Gibson
RF- Chili Davis
DH- Eddie Murray

SP- Nolan Ryan
SP- Orel Herschiser
SP- Greg Maddux
SP- Roger Clemens
SP- BlackJack McDowell

RP- Eck

#5 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,578 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

yes but teixeira numbers are decreasing along with a-rod, ichiro and even jeters over the last so many years. I think the team is just getting old. the only player on the team who kept his usual type numbers are cano and he is getting older also. they will also have an old youkilis in the lineup and a rookie catcher. they will start with a middle IF as their DH.

just something to take note of I am not arguing I hope granderson does do good.

#6 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

View Postballfan4141, on 21 January 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

yes but teixeira numbers are decreasing along with a-rod, ichiro and even jeters over the last so many years. I think the team is just getting old. the only player on the team who kept his usual type numbers are cano and he is getting older also. they will also have an old youkilis in the lineup and a rookie catcher. they will start with a middle IF as their DH.

I think what surprised me the most about Granderson last year was he wasn't stealing as much. He won't come close to two years ago numbers, but I think he can rebound on the steals a little bit while providing the power numbers he had last year.
No Days Off

#7 PRoSPx

PRoSPx

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

View Postklove42, on 21 January 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

View Postballfan4141, on 21 January 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

I think what surprised me the most about Granderson last year was he wasn't stealing as much. He won't come close to two years ago numbers, but I think he can rebound on the steals a little bit while providing the power numbers he had last year.

A few reasons I feel that happened.

1.  Career high in HRs, it's hard to steal a whole lot when 43 of your hits you can't steal.
2.  Career low in OBP (as far as full seasons go) by a wide margin.
3.  Getting older.

Do I think he will steal more than 10 bases this year?  I certainly do.  But I don't think he'll top the 25 bases he stole in 2011, no.  Conservatively I would say Granderson will probably somewhere between 18 - 22 SBs.

I have seen some what of a trend in Grandersons year to year SB totals.

2007:  26
2008:  12
2009:  20
2010:  12
2011:  25
2012:  10

So if that means anything he should bounce back up into the 20's, for whatever reasoning lol.

#8 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

I agree that Grandy makes a nice bounceback choice in roto leagues as a #2 OF, but man having owned him the last few seasons, I'm still steering clear in H2H/cat based leagues.  Those prolonged cold streaks are just brutal
Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#9 Zumayaaaa

Zumayaaaa

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

What worries me with Granderson is that he completely forgot how to hit lefties again last season.

#10 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostZumayaaaa, on 23 January 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

What worries me with Granderson is that he completely forgot how to hit lefties again last season.

I just looked at those numbers... 76ks in 247 plate appearances and 216 at bats is pretty bad. He did have 14 homers but still he needs to be able to be able to hit them better or he might not be worth starting for your fantasy team when he faces a starter who is a lefty
No Days Off

#11 NYSportsfan24

NYSportsfan24

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Out 10 weeks broken forearm. HBP on his first pitch of ST. Back in May sometime.

#12 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Disappointing for the Yankees, but this might help grandersons fantasy value if this makes any sense especially if his stock really drops
No Days Off

#13 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

View Postklove42, on 24 February 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Disappointing for the Yankees, but this might help grandersons fantasy value if this makes any sense especially if his stock really drops

Not for keeper or dynasty ... and Curtis is one of my keepers (we keep 9) and I don't have a better alternative.  This hurts but I guess it could be worse (season ending?).

#14 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

View Postjb_power, on 24 February 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

View Postklove42, on 24 February 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Not for keeper or dynasty ... and Curtis is one of my keepers (we keep 9) and I don't have a better alternative.  This hurts but I guess it could be worse (season ending?).

It's good in the sense that he will only miss about a month and a half of actual games that count so it won't really kill your season. No preseason injuries are good for keeper leagues, but in a redraft his stock could fall more then four rounds and if that is the case I might grab him. I also think the Yankees (and granderson) try to run more and try to create more runs instead of just scoring them by the way of the homer
No Days Off

#15 ssmarsh

ssmarsh

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Yup, he went from a sure fire keeper for me at $22 to a potential $1 pick up at the end of the draft.
10 team, AL only, auction, keeper. Weekly roster moves, monthly access to FA's. We count holds as save/2. Players who qualify at DH can play OF.

C - C.Ianetta ($8), C.Stewart ($1)
1B - N.Swisher ($16); 3B - K.Youkilis ($11); CO - P.Konerko ($27)
2B - D.Pedroia ($24) ; SS - Y.Escobar ($11); MI - K.Johnson ($12)
OF - N.Cruz ($21), M.Morse ($21), T.Hunter ($11), M.Joyce ($8), J.Maxwell ($3)
DH - L.Cain ($11)
SP - J.Verlander ($32), J.Peavy ($7), E.Santana ($6), P.Hughes ($6), M.Buehrle ($4), J.Masterson ($1)
RP - J.Johnson ($12), S.Delabar ($4), D.O'Day ($0)
Bench - M.DeRosa ($0), H.Conger ($0), J.Iglesias ($0), L.Overbay ($0), P.Humber ($0), D.Smyly ($1), S.Kazmir ($0)

#16 RADickey4Prez

RADickey4Prez

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Another nice guy and a hard worker suffers an injury and has to miss 10 weeks.  How come a cheater like Braun can't be the one getting drilled and injured?

#17 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

View Postssmarsh, on 24 February 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Yup, he went from a sure fire keeper for me at $22 to a potential $1 pick up at the end of the draft.

One dollar? Just for missing six weeks? If he is going for one dollar in any draft I would be a buyer, but I don't think there is any way he will be that cheap
No Days Off

#18 TheJRod2006

TheJRod2006

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Now who's going to strike out 190 times for the Yankees this season?
Do you really care who is on my team? I have Mike Trout and Arian Foster in keeper leagues in their respective sports.

Twitter: @MrJaredMoore

#19 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,578 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

he is a good respectable dude. however I am glad I got rid of him for draft picks.

#20 Red Sox Nation

Red Sox Nation

On the Ballot

• Moderators
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

I remember seeing an article on fangraphs that he was a top candidate (due to some statistical measures, ill look for the article later) to have major regression this season, so I was going to avoid him like the plague. I am intrigued to see how much this injury discounts him though, as I tend to be patient with players and like to take risks on discounted players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users