Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Considering a few trades, which would you try?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Trifecta

Trifecta

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

I am planning to try a couple buy low, sell high type trades. I'm also trying to land Mike Conley, as I need his contributions in stls and ft%.

1) Send Paul George, Receive Kevin Love

2) Send Paul George, Receive Nicolas Batum

3) Send Brook Lopez, Receive Mike Conley

Which do you like? Which are most likely to get accepted?

#2 deathrazor

deathrazor

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

I like Deals 2/ 3 and they have the better chance of getting accepted. Not sure about 1.

http://forums.rotowo...ic=332082&st=20

#3 MWon

MWon

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

I'd agree; deals 2/3 are pretty good and are do-able. I haven't seen Conley play too well though.

If you get #1, you win. (Love will eventually pick it up with his hand healing and Rubio returning, while George loses power with Granger returning).

14-Team, H2H 9 Cat Daily League

Pg: Wall, Monta, Bledsoe
Sg: R-Jax, KCP
Sf: Wiggins, McDaniels, Carroll
Pf: Randle, Iblocka
C: Sims, Gortat, Noel

Yeah I know I got a young team, shut up.  -__-

#4 Trifecta

Trifecta

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

The third trade is all about needs. I have spare pts and rebs, lacking in fts and stls

#5 bloopy

bloopy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

i think all these deals are fair, and all those players ros value is solid top 30.

right now, batum is producing better than george, but batum is also bombing away 3s at only 34%, whereas george is slightly better with less attempts and 3pt% at 37%. even though statistcally, batum is ranked higher than george right now, i personally like george more ros, and i'm not worried about danny granger hurting his value.

honestly, i feel that granger helps the pacers offense. the pacers offensive efficiency went from top 8 last year to bottom 2 this year. there were a few key updates for the team which might have spurred this:

1. granger out, p. george becomes offensive focal point
2. collison out, g. hill in
3. d. west rebound from acl injury resulting in bigger offensive workload

out of these, i think #3 came about due to necessity with granger injured. with granger back, i think everyone gets fewer touches but better %s with better spacing and offensive cohesiveness. plus, granger takes on the role of bail-out 3pt chucker at end of possessions again. overall, better efficiency and assist #s from the team. or, this may all be moot and the real engine of the offense was darren collison :/

i think brook lopez is more valuable than conley (and i'm a huge supporter of conley since i love steals), due to their positions. brook lopez is potentially a 20/8, 2blk with 50FG/80FT center. that's pretty damn elite.
13.9 pts, 5.4 rebs, 3.3 asts, 1.0 stls, 0.7 blks, 1.0 3pm, 1.9 to, 46 FG%, 78 FT%

#6 MWon

MWon

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Great analysis.

I'm a bit more hesistant on P George because I've seen how many shots Granger takes when healthy. I'm not sure what George's role will be if he's not shooting 3s as much, b/c Hill is a combo guard and doesn't distribute as well as pure PG Collison, meaning he's also taking away shots from George. Combine that with about 10-12 shot attempts from West, a few from Hibbert, and the rest from Granger, and P George loses a lot, though he'll grab asts.

I also agree with your Lopez forecast, but I'd drop the numbers slightly to 18pts/7rebs/1.5 blks and keep the %s. Call me a bit pessimistic until Deron and Co start winning more games. :P

As for your needs, I'm surprised you need stls with all your elite guards and P George. And FTs...is it just Smoove and maybe Millsap pulling you down? (Or is it attempts/makes and not %s?)

#7 Trifecta

Trifecta

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

I really appreciate the thoughtful analysis.

Horford and j smoove are killing my ft%. But i just traded for marc gasol to help there. If millsap and horford turn their ft % around to their career averages, ill be just fine there.

I need millsap to get stls like last year and my team will have no weaknesses. Last night's 5 steal game was like a breath of fresh air.

Im starting to think joakim noah would fit my team perfectly. Maybe David Lee for him?

Edited by Trifecta, 05 January 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#8 MWon

MWon

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

I'm liking Millsap more and more even if he doesn't get traded. I'm curious though, what's Horford's appeal to you? Could you try him for Conley instead?

#9 Trifecta

Trifecta

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Love Horford when he hits his fts. Its frustrating right now.

I love my hawks players, they have a great playoff schedule with 4 games each week. And i get every hawks game locally, which is fun.

#10 Trifecta

Trifecta

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Oh wow, Love re-fractured his hand. #1 is out of the question (and luckily I cancelled before it was accepted).