Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Just traded, how'd I do? WHIR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Assasinn3

Assasinn3

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

I traded my Isaiah Thomas, and Kawhi Leonard for his J.R. Smith! Did I end up winning? I'm not sure who I'll pick up yet, because there's not much on the waivers... I might just stash Bargs!

Thanks!

WHIR!

#2 BareaFan

BareaFan

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

I like it. JR is solid this season.
Five Cat Stacking: FT%, 3s, Pts, Ast, Stl

10 Teams H2H Standard 9-Cats:
PG: Westbrook; Kyrie Irving; Jennings; Jameer Nelson; Jrue Holiday; Eric Bledsoe; Ramon Sessions
SG/SF: Bryant; Pierce; Jerryd Bayless; Danny Granger
PF/C: Kevin Garnett; Tiago Splitter

#3 Assasinn3

Assasinn3

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Whoops... please move to the appropriate Forum! I apologize in advance. We can blame this one on late night antics while slightly buzzed. Thanks lol

Edited by Assasinn3, 05 January 2013 - 03:19 AM.

#4 curron

curron

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

you shat on him!

#5 DresdenCodex

DresdenCodex

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Hmm, think it was a bad move tbh. Both IT2 and Kawhi could end up better than Smith by seasons end (Shumpert is coming back soon too). Not terrible, but it could come back to bite you on the a** at some point.

Edited by DresdenCodex, 05 January 2013 - 03:24 AM.

Toooooooo many teams.

#6 INFRARED 6

INFRARED 6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

IT and kawhi are trending up... JR is trending down...

thomas is now starting.
kawhi is back from injury.

amare is back...less opportunities for JR...dont forget iman also..

#7 Assasinn3

Assasinn3

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostDresdenCodex, on 05 January 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

Hmm, think it was a bad move tbh. Both IT2 and Kawhi could end up better than Smith by seasons end (Shumpert is coming back soon too).

I know.. I actually caught onto that one as well. So I'm hoping whoever I pick up will be valuable or that I can use the spot and actually stream effectively in the playoffs *fingers crossed*. NYK have a 4/4/4 schedule to close out the season, and that is what made me pull the trigger on this deal. Otherwise, I don't think I would've made the move!

#8 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

Don't worry too much about Shump coming back. He's my second favorite player in the league and he will get a lot of minutes but NY can't take Smith off the court. He's their #2 offensive option and when Melo misses his occasional week's worth of games, he becomes the #1 option.

With the small lineups they play, it's very realistic to expect Shump and Smith to be on the court together frequently. Especially since they plan to rest Kidd heavily upon Felton's return.

Also, Leonard is wildly overrated. He's great for steals and his percentages are solid, but he doesn't shoot often enough for them to be very impactful. He'll hit the occasional three-pointer or two but he's average to below average in every other cat. I'm surprised people aren't killing you in this thread for trading him away. He is regarded very, very highly around here.

#9 kingjames02392

kingjames02392

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Kawhi is overrated garbage. If Keith Stupid ever gets fired, then Thomas will be relevant. For now I like the trade. As long as Stupid is still the Kings coach, you did good.
10 Team .5 PPR
QB- RG3
WR- Calvin/Dez/Amendola
RB- Reggie Bush/DMC
TE- Gronk
Flex- Moreno/Cameron
BN- DeAngelo, Alshon Jeffery, Helu, Kendall Wright, Ball, Michael Floyd

#10 darkyume

darkyume

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Exemplary trade by your trade partner.  You broke fantasy's golden rule of buy low/sell high and proceeded to do the exact opposite - you complained about Kawhi's bad 5 game stretch and touted IT's future potential, so you're certainly aware that you sold low.  The only exception is if you're struggling and need JR Smith's short term production; however, it's clear that you're looking ahead with the 4-4-4 schedule.  Buy high/sell low is not how you accumulate value to get your team through playoffs.

#11 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,488 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

View Postkingjames02392, on 05 January 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

Kawhi is overrated garbage.

This guy gets it.

#12 MWon

MWon

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

IMHO, I think you did well.  Even if shump comes back (and Amare is back), JR is still the #2 offensive weapon in NY and will continue to chuck (and make) stupid shots for a while.

I still dunno why everyone's in love with Kawhi...I mean, is it his "potential" or something?  I do love IT2's game, but cmon, he's coached by Smart. He gets a good game in 20ish minutes in the first half, then gets benched until about 2 or so minutes in the second when the Kings are down by 20 or 30.  Unless Smart gets fired, the lil man will continue to be hindered, sadly.
12-Team, H2H 9 Cat Daily League
2012-3rd place (10 team)
2013-1st place (10 team)
2014-1st place (12 team; thanks guys)

Pg: Calderon, Kemba, A Brooks
Sg: 'Reke Evans, G Hayward, J Butler
Sf: Thad Young, Swaggy
Pf: Drummond, the Brow
C: M Gasol, DeAndre

#13 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I think you did fine. JR is a pretty streaky shooter but when he is on he easily puts up top 20 value with numbers across the board.  I think he too important to the Knicks success to lose too many touches once Shumpert comes back.

Kahwi and IT both have a lot of potential but their roles are not very well defined.  What will swing the trade is if you can pick up a diamond in the rough from the wire.

#14 soudeska

soudeska

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

i think you won that one i dont know why everyone here is so high on kawhi and i dont want anyone on my team from the kings that isnt named cousins

http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=332311

#15 pdnbsafbce

pdnbsafbce

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

You won. As a Knicks fan, Amare will barely affect JR, and shump will affect him very little. JR will keep getting his, he has earned woodson's trust.

IT2 and Kawhi's minutes wont be consistent. IT2 has Smart holding him back and Kawhi has Green/Ginobili/Jackson capping his minutes.

http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=332310