Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Drop Faried for Granger?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 MWon

MWon

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

It's better than the ubiquitous 'Drop anyone for Granger' posts, right?
I'm in a standard H2H daily 10 teamer. Half a game away from 1st, and have a pretty easy schedule ahead of me after this week (that is, if my guys actually play at all).

I'm considering dropping Faried--he kills my FT%, gets benched and/or is foul-prone, and doesn't help in anything except rebs, which I won't need when Varejao decides he's healthy again. I can also do Turner if he continues to plummet.

I don't want to drop Rubio (who's doing nothing for me other than destroying my FG% and TOs, and sitting on the bench), on the upside of getting a ASTS/STL combo with him and Lin, though I'm open to opinions. I want Granger for the upside (I'd like about 16-18 pts, 5-6 reb, a few threes and a stl/blk per game by the end of February), and I'm pretty sure I can stash him.

Please give me your thoughts on WHEN and IF I should do this!
Leave me a link if you want help (so I know where to reply), but be patient b/c I don't check every day. :(

14-Team, H2H 9 Cat Daily League

Pg: Wall, Monta, Bledsoe
Sg: R-Jax, KCP
Sf: Wiggins, McDaniels, Otto
Pf: Iblocka, Carroll
C: Sims, Gortat, Noel

Yeah I know I got a young team, shut up.  -__-

#2 earthtobrint

earthtobrint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,076 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Faried has been disappointing. His FT% took a huge dip and he's now going to the line a ton. Last season's per minute steals/blocks haven't translated with more minutes. He does occasionally blow up though.

Granger is still a month away, he's been in decline the past few years, and his role may have changed by the time he returns. I guess you're doing well enough to stash Granger but the upside you're expecting is a little high. 40% FG, two 3's, 5 rebs is more realistic. His steals and blocks days are behind him.

Edited by earthtobrint, 05 January 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#3 angel187

angel187

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

I would not make that switch. You don't know what Granger will bring. I would wait till Faried have a couple of huge games the see what you can get in trading him.

Please help me. http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=332274
10 Man league H2H 8 CAT

PG- Westbrook, Holiday, Nash,
SG- Kyle Lowry, Gerald Henderson, Sefolosha
SF- Kyle Korver, Trevor Ariza, Martell Webster, Parsons
PF- Carmello Anthony, Anthony Davis,
C- Al Jefferson, Joakim Noah,

#4 earthtobrint

earthtobrint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,076 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Yeah some sort of 2 for 1 trade to free up space would be optimal but it's not very easy to pull off in a 10 or less team league.

#5 MWon

MWon

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for the help! That's sort of the reaction I was expecting, but I'd love to see Granger be a mini-Melo and help with pts and threes, and I don't need Faried's rebs (or like his FT%). Guess I should curb my expectations then.

As for trades, I've been offering Faried but league is pretty reluctant to trade and if so, they overvalue their players (as do I). I'll take your advice and wait a bit on Faried. Replied to your link, Angel.

14-Team, H2H 9 Cat Daily League

Pg: Wall, Monta, Bledsoe
Sg: R-Jax, KCP
Sf: Wiggins, McDaniels, Otto
Pf: Iblocka, Carroll
C: Sims, Gortat, Noel

Yeah I know I got a young team, shut up.  -__-