179 replies to this topic

#1 gdon

gdon

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Just wondering what everyone's expectations are for him this year.   Was the last half disaster in 2012 mainly injury related with bone spurs or was there more to it?  He seemed to go from ace to goat in a short period of time.

#2 sunnyside

sunnyside

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

I think his showing last year was injury-related.  Still, I'm not going near him.  I have him at 63 overall in my AL-only draft.

#3 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

View Postsunnyside, on 09 January 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

I think his showing last year was injury-related.  Still, I'm not going near him.  I have him at 63 overall in my AL-only draft.

I'm not touching him either. He could be good, but I dont think he will be great. There are plenty of other pitchers taken around the same time as him or later that will return similar value.
No Days Off

#4 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

I drafted him for 19 at auction last year and actually thought it was a STEAL as my SP#2/potential keep.   Not so much I guess.

Having watched a few of his late season starts, I tend to agree with the sentiment that the second half swoon was injury - related.  People forget he actually had a nice little string of starts in the first half.
Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#5 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,690 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm staying far away from Wilson this year. I'm sure injury was a part of the reason, but I'm not blaming the whole collapse on his injury. There are better, higher upside pitchers that will come around the same time he does. I'd much rather have one of them over Wilson.
Bring back Ray!

#6 2ndCitySox

2ndCitySox

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,467 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I gave him an 8 out of 100. Zero would be replacement level. I was suprised he projected so low.
All-Icon Team:
C- Carlton Fisk
1B- Frank Thomas
2B- Ryne Sandberg
SS- Ozzie Smith
3B- Wade Boggs
CF- Rickey
LF- Kirk Gibson
RF- Chili Davis
DH- Eddie Murray

SP- Nolan Ryan
SP- Orel Herschiser
SP- Greg Maddux
SP- Roger Clemens
SP- BlackJack McDowell

RP- Eck

#7 crookedmacs

crookedmacs

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

I feel bad for having a higher value on him.  Mixed Leagues, I get it.  AL-Only?  He goes up against the Mariners, A's and Astros.  I think the spurs had a big part in the struggles

#8 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

View Postmalta69, on 10 January 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

I drafted him for 19 at auction last year and actually thought it was a STEAL as my SP#2/potential keep.   Not so much I guess.

Having watched a few of his late season starts, I tend to agree with the sentiment that the second half swoon was injury - related.  People forget he actually had a nice little string of starts in the first half.

Unfortunately you did it all wrong. You bought high after his career year. Now you can get him for $3-5 as your SP4 or SP5.

Velocity still there, elite GB%, decent enough K rate. Had a spike in HR/GB% & LD%, so batters squared'em up a lil more often.

Anyways, that's why the back of baseball cards are irregular. Ups & downs. Time for us Wilson owners to get that cheap up season.

#9 MolinasLoveHandles

MolinasLoveHandles

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

After reading this thread, and noticing his miserable Spring Training stats, I'm seriously considering benching him for tonight's game @CIN, although this is probably an overreaction.

#10 quietj

quietj

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

He cruised through the first three innings and the wheels are just coming off left and right. Walking folks left and right then giving up a big fly ugh..
C - C. Santana
1B - J. Morneau
2B - N. Walker
SS - H. Ramirez
3B -  A. Ramirez
OF - G. Stanton
OF - N. Cruz
OF - J. Werth
Util - J. Rollins
BN - A. Rios
DL - E. Encarncion

SP -  A. Cobb, H. Bailey, C. Archer, J. Quintana, Y. Gallardo, T. Lincecum

RP - K. Jansen, D. Robertson, G. Perkins,  H. Rendon, J. Mejia
DL - G.Cole

*10 Team 5x5 H2H League*

#11 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,618 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

This terrorist won't hold me hostage anymore. I can stream better players than this. I partially blame his red glove. Maybe a plain old brown one is in order if this is how he's going to pitch.

#12 Theoneupper

Theoneupper

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Couldnt get guys out with 2 strikes. Phillips crushed one and then Bruce followed with a double on an 2 strike count as well.

#13 SurlyRobot

SurlyRobot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

Why isn't the fourth run earned?

#14 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,856 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

Everything shows the 4th run as unearned which makes no sense.  There was an error advancing a runner but he scored on a hit right after.

#15 SurlyRobot

SurlyRobot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Still hasn't been corrected in my ESPN league.  Still makes no sense unless they're assuming that the runner who would have been at second only would have advanced 1 base on the next hit which I don't understand why that's the case since the pitcher was coming up?

#16 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostSurlyRobot, on 04 April 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

Still hasn't been corrected in my ESPN league.  Still makes no sense unless they're assuming that the runner who would have been at second only would have advanced 1 base on the next hit which I don't understand why that's the case since the pitcher was coming up?

Scorer's discretion, he didn't assume Bruce wouldve scored on Heisey's single to CF. Hey, a dirty QS in a hitter's park vs a good ballclub is a QS all the same. Big mistake was to Phillips. Down and in cookie.

Next 2 starts: OAK & HOU at home. The guy up about 5 posts who can stream better SPs.........good luck. CJ will be fine. I'll keep this thread alive for ya.

#17 SurlyRobot

SurlyRobot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postbbythepier, on 04 April 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostSurlyRobot, on 04 April 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

Scorer's discretion, he didn't assume Bruce wouldve scored on Heisey's single to CF. Hey, a dirty QS in a hitter's park vs a good ballclub is a QS all the same. Big mistake was to Phillips. Down and in cookie.

Next 2 starts: OAK & HOU at home. The guy up about 5 posts who can stream better SPs.........good luck. CJ will be fine. I'll keep this thread alive for ya.
Yeah that's why I'm so bitter, H2H league where we count QS and he is not on my team.... :(

#18 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

CJ back on the hump tonite vs the A's. Velocity down in week 1 start, but you can say that about half the league it seems. I'm hoping 70 degree SoCal weather loosens him up and I expect 2 more QSs vs OAK & HOU this week.

#19 PPolanco

PPolanco

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,661 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

ya velocity still down. this sucks - had no idea this was in issue on draft day.

might still have a decent day today. We probably dodged a bullet with no Reddick but he issues back-to-back walks in the 1st inning. He's a spot starter at this point.
I back the realest and original Polanco :-)

#20 bigpinero

bigpinero

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

what an awful inning...sure he's getting squeezed but he's sucking!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users