Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Michael Vick 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,047 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Probably the most polarizing player in fantasy football history, how do you see 2013 going. He's obviously not going to be back with the Eagles and Chip kelly isn't his saviour where will he end up going and what can we expect this season.

He still has the potential to break an 80 yard run on any play but also could have 8 turnovers in one game.

#2 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Not sure, maybe Buffalo...wherever he goes, you'll be hard-pressed to find me saying that he's worth drafting. He's the epitome of injury-prone, and now turnover-prone. You're right, I like his big play potential and parts of talent he has, but I don't see myself ever convincing myself to go for Vick.

At this point it's probably optimistic to call him a low-end QB1. He'll probably be landing on fantasy benches next year or starting with another QB very close to his value.

With a fresh start somewhere else there's always a chance his talent is properly showcased, but last year was too hard to watch for me to make any bets on this guy.

#3 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Does anyone else see him falling to low rankings such as 60th or 70th overall? I mean, the guy is almost a lock to get hurt any season but I remember the year he started. He propelled me to my championship. I don't see why with a new team he coul have similar production. He's got the ability to run as well which racks up points pretty quickly.

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, .5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs(4-4, 6th place)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Mohammed Sanu
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Streaming
Bench: Jeremy Hill, Pierre Thomas, Antone Smith, Travaris Cadet, James Starks, Boobie Dixon

#4 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,047 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Does anyone else see him falling to low rankings such as 60th or 70th overall? I mean, the guy is almost a lock to get hurt any season but I remember the year he started. He propelled me to my championship. I don't see why with a new team he coul have similar production. He's got the ability to run as well which racks up points pretty quickly.

I honestly can't get a read on this guy going into next year. He burned owners the last two years so I'm sure a lot of people will be gun shy on him. I think a lot depends where he ends up. If he goes to a place like Buffalo or maybe even KC which is something I just read on Rotoworld, places with established offensive lines and maybe he can return to prominence. I think the picture will become a lot clearer when we know where he ends up but nothing would surprise me with Vick come draft time.

I think we could see him go as high as 3-4th round in some drafts and as low as 9-10 in other drafts.

#5 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

True, He could be a true sleeper QB depending on what team he goes to. Not a huge fan of Vick, nor do I have a lot of confidence in him, mainly on the injury prone front and arm accuracy. But on a different team, and especially, like you say, with an established offensive line he could be a heck of a QB2 investment for at least awesome trade bait.

Still wouldn't advise counting on him as your QB1, you would at least need a Big Ben type to pair with him.

#6 pierceNKC

pierceNKC

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

personally, i'd love to see him in kansas city.

and if he did end up there, i wouldn't be opposed to having him as a low-end qb1 (with great upside) as long as i had someone like say roethlisberger or dalton there in case of emergency.

Edited by pierceNKC, 10 January 2013 - 11:46 AM.

i'm in too many leagues.

#7 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

I don't see Vick going ahead of the 6th round. I think his ADP was around 40-50 this past year and his stock should only be lower. He has reassured everyone that he is made of glass and he was a turnover machine.

But I agree, he has to be paired with a Freeman, Dalton, or someone like that if people planned to give him a shot at starting.

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, .5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs(4-4, 6th place)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Mohammed Sanu
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Streaming
Bench: Jeremy Hill, Pierre Thomas, Antone Smith, Travaris Cadet, James Starks, Boobie Dixon

#8 cs3

cs3

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

I honestly can't get a read on this guy going into next year.

well good thing you still have 7 months to get that read then

#9 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

My only hope for Vick is that he goes to a team as a big upgrade at QB so that I can feel a little better about drafting other players on that offense (eg. ARI, KC, BUF).

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***
Record: 3-4

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Julio Jones (2.09)
WR2: Roddy White
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Robbie Gould
Bench: Calvin Johnson (1.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, Carson Palmer, James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#10 slaughterrt

slaughterrt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Definitely agree. Wouldnt draft Vick but he could potentially boost his teammates fantasy value.
10 Team IDP Dynasty League (non ppr)
QB Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson
RB Alfred Morris, Daryl Richardson, Danny Woodhead, Joique Bell
WR James Jones, Antonio Brown, Eric Decker, Percy Harvin, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon, Danny Amendola
TE Aaron Hernandez, Kyle Rudolph
LB Daryl Washington, Wesley Woodyard, Mason Foster
DL J.J. Watt, Michael Johnson
DB Harrison Smith, Janoris Jenkins, Tim Jennings
K Blair Walsh

14 Team PPR Dynasty
QB Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, Tim Tebow
RB LeSean McCoy, Adrian Peterson, Mikel Leshoure, Daryl Richardson, Bilal Powell
WR Randall Cobb, Victor Cruz, Miles Austin, Hakeem Nicks, Rod Streater, Julian Edelman
TE Aaron Hernandez, Dwayne Allen
DL Haloti Ngata, Julius Peppers, Carlos Dunlap, Matt Shaughnessy, CJ Mosley
LB James Laurinaitis, Chase Blackburn, Anthony Spencer, Perry Riley, Jameel Mcclain
DB Casey Hayward, Patrick Peterson, Morgan Burnett, Craig Dahl, Stephon Gilmore, Tavon Wilson
K Justin Tucker, Bal K

#11 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

80 yd run....fellas did anyone actually watch him play this year?

I was as big a proponent as anyone, but it's just over. The skill set of even three years ago simply isn't there sans the rocket arm. While he's still plenty mobile, that second and third gear which made him such an elite talent is simply gone. Not to mention, he couldn't stay healthy behind a Lombardi offensive line.

He'll make a fine backup option next season, and chances are, if given the opportunity he could thrive in said capacity for a handful of games. But it's just....done
Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#12 slaughterrt

slaughterrt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Since the Jets are done with Tebow...maybe they bring in Vick to be a wildcat QB / punt protector. Haha i am hilarious.
10 Team IDP Dynasty League (non ppr)
QB Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson
RB Alfred Morris, Daryl Richardson, Danny Woodhead, Joique Bell
WR James Jones, Antonio Brown, Eric Decker, Percy Harvin, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon, Danny Amendola
TE Aaron Hernandez, Kyle Rudolph
LB Daryl Washington, Wesley Woodyard, Mason Foster
DL J.J. Watt, Michael Johnson
DB Harrison Smith, Janoris Jenkins, Tim Jennings
K Blair Walsh

14 Team PPR Dynasty
QB Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, Tim Tebow
RB LeSean McCoy, Adrian Peterson, Mikel Leshoure, Daryl Richardson, Bilal Powell
WR Randall Cobb, Victor Cruz, Miles Austin, Hakeem Nicks, Rod Streater, Julian Edelman
TE Aaron Hernandez, Dwayne Allen
DL Haloti Ngata, Julius Peppers, Carlos Dunlap, Matt Shaughnessy, CJ Mosley
LB James Laurinaitis, Chase Blackburn, Anthony Spencer, Perry Riley, Jameel Mcclain
DB Casey Hayward, Patrick Peterson, Morgan Burnett, Craig Dahl, Stephon Gilmore, Tavon Wilson
K Justin Tucker, Bal K