220 replies to this topic

#1 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

injuries? healthy? productive? look pretty good hitting at the end of the last season.

#2 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

You just completely destroyed Fantasy Baseball Talks look with your unwillingness to use caps.  Feed him to the lions!
20 team keeper H2H (took over the team), standard Yahoo.  Keepers below.  NA's get put into NA slots (5 max)
C:  d'Arnaud 1B: Eric Hosmer 2B: Brad Miller SS: Owings 3B: Manny Machado OF: Stanton OF: Heyward OF: Myers
Util:  Jose Abreu Bench: Avila, Schoop, Solarte, Baez (NA)
SP: Homer Bailey SP: Shelby Miller RP: Rosenthal RP: Soria P: Motte, Broxton, Withrow, Storen, Allen, Webb
Bench: Pineda, Ryu, Stroman and Meyer (Both NA's)
Trades: 1) Taijuan Walker and 5th rounder for Ryu and 4th rounder

Money league Roto
C- Carlos Sant 1B) Mash Abreu 2b) Altuve 3b) E5 SS) Rollins OF- McCutch, Harper, Werth Util- Melky Springer
Bench: Hosmer, Hill, McCann NAs: Bryant
SPs:  Sale, Cain, Ventura, Hudson Garza RA Dickey RPs:  Reed Balfour Papelbon Farnsworth  DL- Walker
Trades: 1) Joey Bats and Panda for E5 and Werth 2) Morse for RA Dickey 3) Soria for Garza 4) Braun and Mesoraco for McCutch and McCann

#3 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

yes. mods. delete it I will repost.

#4 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Love the real life Pedroia, hate the Day to Day/Injury prone/overvalued fantasy player.

Not that the guy is Tulo 2.0 or anything, I actually admire his toughness and willingness to play through pain, but the guy just gets so many nagging injuries and for some reason, seems to take a beating in the field.  I'm always suprised by just how soon he goes after Cano in most of my drafts (late 2nd - early 3rd rd).

Edited by malta69, 10 January 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#5 GreenGold74

GreenGold74

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Felt like he got healthier as the season finished and was starting to produce at the level we are accustomed to. He's a year older and the offense is certainly going to be different in the middle other than Ortiz but still looks potent enough for a 95-100 R season out of the 2 hole. Expecting a .295-.300 95R 16/80 20SB season if he gets 550-600 AB's. He's a year older and could be prone to longer stretches of being out if he gets dinged up so a 10% drop off from my projection could occur as well. He's still very valuable and a Top 3 2B overall and wouldn't put too much stock in his overall numbers last year considering the seriousness of the injury he played through the middle of the season.

All that said I wouldn't blame people for rolling the dice on Hill and similar power/speed guys you can get in the 6th-7th rounds.

Edited by GreenGold74, 13 January 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#6 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,509 posts
  • Interests:Following jimmy Buffett all summer hitting baseball stadiums along the way.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

I think this could potentially be a year he is undervalued, I just get the sense that the Red Sox in general are not well thought of, written about or talked about.  

There are about 4-5 guys I am really interested to see their value in our auction this year, Pedrioa is one of them.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#7 GreenGold74

GreenGold74

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

You can easily make the case that you can get Zorbist 3-4 rounds later whose output is very similar to Pedroia with a drop off in average. Brandon Philips used to be in that category of guys you could get a little later that produced similar numbers. If he is 100% I don't doubt he can bounce back. To me I'd take a look at the guys hitting behind him and decide if he can get 95-105 runs because the runs and average are a big part of what stood him apart from the guys 3-5 slots under him in past seasons.

#8 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

with the red sox team having injuries and not the production along with pedroias injuries I am thinking of trading him or not even keeping him. I have aaron hill.

#9 Orion Braun

Orion Braun

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

View Postballfan4141, on 14 February 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

with the red sox team having injuries and not the production along with pedroias injuries I am thinking of trading him or not even keeping him. I have aaron hill.

Cool, man. Let us know how that works out for you.
No one cares about my teams...

#10 Stanford410

Stanford410

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

He's honestly a very overvalued player, just like Carl Crawford is now too. I honestly believe that Neil Walker is a better player this year and will have a better season. Looks like PEDS is on the decline and Walkers numbers compared to last year almost matched peds except for the fact hat Walker missed the last month and a half(80-90 ab's); which would have put him above Pedroia's numbers. I wouldnt make him a priority to draft; however if Cano, Kinsler, Phillips, Walker, and Kipnis are gone, I'd take him then.
SF Giants-UGA Dawgs-Pittsburgh Steelers

#11 elsegundo

elsegundo

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Actually, I don't think Carl Crawford is overvalued this year, he's dropped way down the list from where he used to be.
<p>12-tm h2h mixed keeper league 6x6 (standard cats + k/9 for pitchers & OPS for hitters). Salary maximum of $260, player values increase by $5 each year. Below are 2014 values.
C Posey, SF $131B Rizzo, CHC $52B Dan Murphy, NYM $13B Wright, NYM $23SS Brad Miller, SEA $1MI (SS) Alxi Ramirez, CHW; Cabrera, CLE $1CI (3B) Donaldson, OAK $10OF Braun, MIL $47OF Bautista, TOR $25OF J Upton, ATL $27OF Dom Brown, PHI $8OF D Jennings, TAM $11UT; UT E YOUNG JR., NYM (DL - OF) Calhoun, LAA $1BN (OF) G Polanco, PIT $1 (minors)BN (SS) Javy Baez, CHC $3SP: Fernandez, MIA $10... Hamels, PHI $9 (DL) ...; Alex Wood, ATL $1... Y Ventura, KC $1RP: G Holland, KC $14...; K-Rod, MIL; Soria, TEX; Walden, ATL

#12 Stanford410

Stanford410

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

View Postelsegundo, on 14 February 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Actually, I don't think Carl Crawford is overvalued this year, he's dropped way down the list from where he used to be.
All the analysts talk about what he(crawford) could do or what he should do when in reality he's not doing anything. He definitely won't get stats like back in the Tampa days. (like 15 homers/50 sb's.) Id say a realistic projection is 8/9 homers and maybe 30 sb's.

Edited by Stanford410, 14 February 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#13 Slatykamora

Slatykamora

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostStanford410, on 14 February 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

He's honestly a very overvalued player, just like Carl Crawford is now too. I honestly believe that Neil Walker is a better player this year and will have a better season. Looks like PEDS is on the decline and Walkers numbers compared to last year almost matched peds except for the fact hat Walker missed the last month and a half(80-90 ab's); which would have put him above Pedroia's numbers. I wouldnt make him a priority to draft; however if Cano, Kinsler, Phillips, Walker, and Kipnis are gone, I'd take him then.

What makes you think decline? He is certainly has injury risk, but I don't know where you are seeing any sort of natural decline. He hurt his thumb and tried to play thur it last year and his numbers took an absolute nose dive in June..But he was back in form for the 2nd half the season.

The only thing that concerns me from a numbers stand point. Was his Walk rate dropped from 11 to 7.. Yet his o-swing actually lowered too. So i'm not sure what to make out of that...

#14 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

pedroia...dont like the red sox last year or this year. however it was said ortiz and pedroia will be switching the 3rd spot in the batting order depending on RHP or LHP

#15 Jay85

Jay85

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Peds will be gone right after Kinsler. He is going in 3rd round.
TEAM A - 10 Team League (head to head categories w/OBP)
C - Johnthan Lucroy - 1B- Joey Votto - 2B- Anthony Rendon- SS- Xander Bogaerts
3B- David Wright - Util- Jose Abreu & Pedroria
OF- Bryce Harper, Matt Holliday, Matt Kemp, Alfonso Soriano- BN- Adam Eaton
SP- Jose Fernandez, Jordan Zimmerman, Andrew Cashner, Dan Haren, Justin Masterson, Peavy, Streamer, Streamer,
RP- Papelbon, Broxton.

TEAM B - 10 team (head to head categories w/ OPS)
C - Carlos Santana - 1B- Freddie Freeman - 2B- Aaron Hill - SS- Alexie Ramirez
3B- Matt Carpenter -Util- Melky Cabrera & Dustin Pedroria
OF- Mike Trout, Carlos Gomez, Matt Holliday, BN- Adam Eaton, Monreau
SP- MadBum, Verlander, Ervin Santana, Scott Kazmir, Cole Hamels Sonny Gray, Gerrit Cole, Johnny Cueto, Pineda,
RP- Papelbon, Perkins - DL - Chapman.

#16 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

If Pedroia stays relatively healthy I expect him to battle Kinsler for the #2 spot for 2B (behind Cano) and I expect him to finish #2.

He'll be hitting 2nd vs RHP and 3rd vs LHP with half his games in Fenway.  I think his final 2013 numbers will resemble his lines from 2008, 2009 and 2011 ... STUD

#17 Stanford410

Stanford410

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostSlatykamora, on 14 February 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

What makes you think decline? He is certainly has injury risk, but I don't know where you are seeing any sort of natural decline. He hurt his thumb and tried to play thur it last year and his numbers took an absolute nose dive in June..But he was back in form for the 2nd half the season.

The only thing that concerns me from a numbers stand point. Was his Walk rate dropped from 11 to 7.. Yet his o-swing actually lowered too. So i'm not sure what to make out of that...
Well he(Pedroia) hit 10 of his 15 homers in Fenway park with 7 of them being labeled as just enough.(2 were labeled lucky) If you didn't know he is a lucky player. Back in '11 he had a groundball babip of .319, with the league average being .237. Tell me how his year would have played out if he would have even a .260 gb babip. nowhere near. Same with last year except his groundball babip decreased which led from a .307 ba in 2011 to a .290 last season. Now I'm not saying he's on a total decline I just think IMO that he has hit his peak and won't match what he has done before. Just my opinion and I'm not drafting high on him.

Edited by Stanford410, 15 February 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#18 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,867 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hey Dustin, maybe you shouldn't slide headfirst, for the rest of your career.
14 Team Total Points - Weekly Lineup Locks [hitting scoring] 1 pt per single, run, rbi, bb, sb, hbp - 2 pts per double - 3 pts per triple - 4 pts per home run [pitching scoring] 15 pts per win, 3 pts per QS, 2 pts per CG, 1 pt per K, 10 pts per no hitter, 5 pts per perfect game, 8 pts per save, relief win
C: Yan Gomes
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Mike Trout
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Alex Rios
DH: David Ortiz
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Johnny Cueto
RP: Jason Grilli
Bench: Bogaerts, Bourn, Smoak, Iwakuma, Peavy, Colon, Morrow, Buehrle, Kelly, Chavez

#19 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostholyBrowns, on 03 April 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Hey Dustin, maybe you shouldn't slide headfirst, for the rest of your career.

Here we go again. Wear a freaking brace on both hands!

#20 whiskeyriver

whiskeyriver

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts
  • Interests:Having been born in the bay area, and coming from a huge North Cali family, I am a lifetime Giants and 49ers fan.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

God, what a little moron he is.
Little green ghouls, buddy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users