Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Landry Fields 2012-2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 neverrelaxed

neverrelaxed

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

In his first start, he has 4 points and 5 boards halfway through the first quarter.
ESPN NBA 12 Team H2H Points League

PG: Rajon Rondo, Brandon Jennings, Isaiah Thomas
SG: James Harden, Bojan Bogdanovic
SF: Josh Smith, Evan Turner, Shawne Williams
PF: Blake Griffin, Andre Drummond
C: Nikola Vucevic, Robin Lopez, Anderson Varejao, Alex Len

IR: Jodie Meeks

#2 fantasypro123

fantasypro123

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Not enough to add in a fantasy team yet.
10 team standard 2RB, 2WR/TE, 1Flex, 1TE

Foles, Cutler
Lesean McCoy, MJD, Reggie Bush, Shane Vereen,Joique Bell, Zac Stacy, Deangelo, Edwin Baker
Dez Bryant, Keenan Allen
Vernon Davis
Niners Def

H2H standard 10 team league

PG: Kyrie, John Wall, Ty Lawson, Goran Dragic, Jarrett Jack
SG: Gordon Hayward, Rodney Stuckey, Manu
SF: Rudy Gay, Kawhi Leonard
PF: Kenneth Faried, Brandon Bass, Jordan Hill
C: Marcin Gortat, Anderson Varejao, Robin Lopez, KG

#3 Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

In his first start, he has 4 points and 5 boards halfway through the first quarter.

On pace for 32+40, I take the "under"

Edited by Max Rockatansky, 09 January 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7......

#4 StickerHappy

StickerHappy

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

He has a solid track record if given enough minutes (see rookie season). I think I'll give it a shot since I have nothing to lose. :(

Audentes fortuna juvat

12 team H2H

Guards: George Hill, Victor Oladipo, Michael Carter-Williams, Aaron Afflalo, Darren Collison, OJ Mayo

Forwards: Carmelo Anthony, Chandler Parsons, Draymond Green

Centers: Chris Bosh, Marc Gasol, Markieff Morris, Kelly Olynyk

10 team H2H

Guards: Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, Reggie Jackson, Victor Oladipo, OJ Mayo, Brandon Knight

Forwards: Kevin Durant, Chandler Parsons, Terrence Jones

Centers: Anthony Davis, Dirk Nowitzki, Robin Lopez, Kelly Olynyk

#5 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

He has a solid track record if given enough minutes (see rookie season). I think I'll give it a shot since I have nothing to lose. :(

This is a joke, right??

He started the first 4 games of the season (before his injury)...here are his stats:

Rebs: 2, 5, 3, 2, 4

There is absolutely no reason to own this guy in ANY size league at all.

And if you're being tempted by tonight's numbers...don't. Terrence Ross and Kleiza are both out tonight. Both will steal a ton of minutes and even more shots from him when they are back (very soon).

12 Team Auction Draft. Yahoo 0.5 PPR scoring. 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex. 

Bought Mccoy and AP, losing AP screwed me, and been trading nonstop to fill the holes.

QB: Jay Cutler / Colin Kaepernick
RB: Alfred Morris
RB: Shane Vereen
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Mohamed Sanu
TE: Greg Olsen
Flex: Denard Robinson
K: Cody Parkey
Def: Cleveland (streaming always)

Bench: Reggie Wayne, Eric Decker, Allen Robinson, Roy Helu Jr., Charles Sims, Davante Adams

#6 Lockdown

Lockdown

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

You guys are insane if you don't think Fields will be a potent factor in Casey's small ball 4th Q lineup. The guy can rebound, so he will play in that lineup, with Amir or Ed being the sole "big" player. He has been employing this for the past 10 or so games (basically since Bargs got injured), and has not shown any signs he will change it, given their success. They were just waiting for Fields to actually show up and have a breakout game, since he has a really fat contract, and they're not gonna let a contract like that just rot in the bench, unless he actually falls flat on his face, especially after this showing. I'm predicting that Ross would be shelved for a while and Kleiza, well, he's injury-prone Kleiza. Even then, with 1 front-court player + 4 runners, Fields fits perfectly given his rebounding/hustle. I'm predicting at least a return to his very serviceable rookie numbers, especially since on paper, this team sucks compared to the NY team he played when he posted said numbers. Fields just does well with fast paced offense (D'Antoni, Casey's new fast-paced style).

#7 neverrelaxed

neverrelaxed

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

8 points, 11 boards, 2 assists in 33 mins. Had his shot fallen a bit better tonight, he would have had another double double. I think he is def worth keeping an eye on.

Edited by neverrelaxed, 11 January 2013 - 09:22 PM.

ESPN NBA 12 Team H2H Points League

PG: Rajon Rondo, Brandon Jennings, Isaiah Thomas
SG: James Harden, Bojan Bogdanovic
SF: Josh Smith, Evan Turner, Shawne Williams
PF: Blake Griffin, Andre Drummond
C: Nikola Vucevic, Robin Lopez, Anderson Varejao, Alex Len

IR: Jodie Meeks

#8 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

You guys are insane if you don't think Fields will be a potent factor in Casey's small ball 4th Q lineup. The guy can rebound, so he will play in that lineup, with Amir or Ed being the sole "big" player. He has been employing this for the past 10 or so games (basically since Bargs got injured), and has not shown any signs he will change it, given their success. They were just waiting for Fields to actually show up and have a breakout game, since he has a really fat contract, and they're not gonna let a contract like that just rot in the bench, unless he actually falls flat on his face, especially after this showing. I'm predicting that Ross would be shelved for a while and Kleiza, well, he's injury-prone Kleiza. Even then, with 1 front-court player + 4 runners, Fields fits perfectly given his rebounding/hustle. I'm predicting at least a return to his very serviceable rookie numbers, especially since on paper, this team sucks compared to the NY team he played when he posted said numbers. Fields just does well with fast paced offense (D'Antoni, Casey's new fast-paced style).

and as I've been saying for the past few weeks in response to all your posts. Here is the Landry Fields I know and love...0 points, 1 rebound at halftime.

Again, look at his start to this season. With his "huge contract" and while he was "starting", before his injury:

Averaged about 3 points and 4 rebounds per game. So what exactly is going to change now?? Still should not be owned in most leagues.

12 Team Auction Draft. Yahoo 0.5 PPR scoring. 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex. 

Bought Mccoy and AP, losing AP screwed me, and been trading nonstop to fill the holes.

QB: Jay Cutler / Colin Kaepernick
RB: Alfred Morris
RB: Shane Vereen
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Mohamed Sanu
TE: Greg Olsen
Flex: Denard Robinson
K: Cody Parkey
Def: Cleveland (streaming always)

Bench: Reggie Wayne, Eric Decker, Allen Robinson, Roy Helu Jr., Charles Sims, Davante Adams

#9 Lockdown

Lockdown

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

and as I've been saying for the past few weeks in response to all your posts. Here is the Landry Fields I know and love...0 points, 1 rebound at halftime.

Again, look at his start to this season. With his "huge contract" and while he was "starting", before his injury:

Averaged about 3 points and 4 rebounds per game. So what exactly is going to change now?? Still should not be owned in most leagues.

LOL so 1 bad game after 2 great ones, and we dismiss him just like that? Okay what's your excuse now for his 8pt, 11 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl game on 4-6 shooting while playing 40 MINS. I don't know where all this hate is coming from. Please be open-minded about this. Rotoworld has been saying to dismiss that one bad game and he is worth owning in STANDARD leagues for crying out loud. Never mind those of us in big leagues like me. I'll say it again, he is an all-around guy who specifically rebounds very well for a guard. And won't hurt your percentages in the process (based on his ROOKIE numbers where he got this same kind of run). Everyone has bad games. I'd be surprised if he does anything similar to that bad game any more this season. That game was just horrible. Lastly, don't just speak as if you know the guy's game or you watch him regularly. I follow the Raps and the guy really is a scrappy player who always cuts. This would really lead to double-doubles if you give this type of player a lot of run. Great work ethic, and in my mind, deserves the fat contract he was given (and thus, you have to give him run, and at least 30 mins a night). This game, he played PF in the 4th (with Amir as the C) and he was guarding Blatche for some possessions, and was doing a decent job at it. He's a very versatile SF, similar to Aminu. I also don't understand all the love for Aminu (who had a horrible game tonight), who also has ups and downs and inconsistencies, but Fields, is blatantly ignored, despite his good play. C'mon man.

#10 jvince

jvince

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Love the minutes he's been getting. Any player who gets that amount of playing time is guaranteed to have some sort of value, regardless of his true talent. Considering dropping Aminu for this week at least since he's got a better schedule.
10-Team, 9-Cat H2H Money League | Champion | 7th Pick | #2 (111-76-2)
G: E. Bledsoe, R. Rubio, M. Chalmers, V. Oladipo, P. Mills, A. Brooks, R. McCallum
F: C. Anthony, K. Leonard, K. Martin, D. Carroll, D. Green
C: K. Love, D. Nowitzki, O. Asik

12-Team, 9-Cat Roto Auction League | Champion | 3rd Pick | #1 (90.0)
G: C. Paul, M. Carter-Williams, K. Korver, G. Dragic, R. Rondo
F: K. Love, K. Martin, T. Ariza, J. Butler, T. Harris
C: S. Ibaka, S. Hawes, D. Jordan

12-Team, 9-Cat H2H Pro League | Champion | 7th Pick | #5 (54-44-1)
G: R. Rondo, M. Chalmers, J.R. Smith, D.J. Augustin, V. Oladipo
F: P. George, W. Matthews, L. Deng, N. Young
C: D. Nowitzki, J. Noah, M. Gortat, N. Pekovic

#11 MNDOGG

MNDOGG

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

I'm onboard...i just dropped Wilson Chandler for him in my 14 teamer..no clue how many minutes Chandler will get, but it appears Fields is going to get a TON of run!

Edited by MNDOGG, 16 January 2013 - 01:08 AM.

10 Team NL-ONLY -auction draft

C- Russell Martin
1B- Paul Goldschmidt
2B- Anthony Rendon
3B- Chase Headly
SS- Didi Gregorius
OF- Matt Kemp (DL) Logan Morrison
OF- Carlos Gonzales
OF-Dominic Brown
UT- Nolan Arenado

BN-Adam Eaton, Scott Van Slyke, Jordany Valdespin, Derek Dietrich

SP- Matt Harvey, Shelby Miller, Gio Gonzalez, Wandy Rodriguez, Jacob Turner
, Joe Kelly, John Lannan
RP- Huston Street, Brandon League,Tony Cingrani

#12 mthdmn

mthdmn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Lakers can make anyone look good.
Yahoo Standard H2H $$$ League (12 Teams)

C Devin Mesoraco
1B Paul Goldschmidt, Matt Adams
2B Neil Walker, Martin Prado, Arismendy Alcantara
3B Manny Machado,
Ryan Zimmerman
SS Starlin Castro
OF Giancarlo Stanton,
Adam Jones, Khris Davis, Gregory Polanco, Joc Pederson
SP Adam Wainwright, Jordan Zimmerman, Garrett Richards, Matt Cain, Dillon Gee, Danny Duffy, Dallas Keuchel
RP Aroldis Chapman, Steve Cishek, Mark Melancon, Hector Rondon, Dellin Betances

#13 draga

draga

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Lakers can make anyone look good.

Ilyasova?

#14 hifica

hifica

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Everyone think Alan Andersen will be the beneficial of Rudy Gay's injury, but Landry Fields could actually be the starter and gain values.