Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Dujuan Harris 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I know it's a long shot but I was real impressed with his game toward the end of the year. Could he start next year as the Packers starter? I know the Packers should draft an RB or sign one....but wouldn't shock me if they don't sign one as this hasn't seem to be a priority through the years. If he is their starter, could easily see RB 2 value in PPR leagues. Long way to go until next year but just tossing it out for discussion.

Edited by Patrick Bateman, 16 January 2013 - 09:45 PM.
Updated Title. Please use annual format.

#2 Vestrogen

Vestrogen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I like Harris. He's really a strong runner and I would normally see him as maybe a RB2 to RB3. Unfortunately the Packers still have Cedric Benson and I doubt they will cut ties with him because his season ended due to injury. I see the Packers RB situation like this next season: Starter- Benson, Backup- Harris, Bench- Green, FB- Kuhn.

#3 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Do we assume Benson is back for sure? Was he really more effective then Harris?

#4 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

i like what i've seen, it's just a matter of if GB hands the keys to 1 RB or continuing with a committee attack in a "pass first" offense.

if i see harris is named the 2013 starter, i won't have any problem drafting him as my RB2.

#5 Vestrogen

Vestrogen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

I would guess Benson would be back. He did nothing to lose the starting role. He averaged 3.5 yards a carry, which is slightly under his career average over 3.8. The Packers have a miserable offensive line, so I would blame that number mostly on that. Harris averaged 4.6, even with their horrible line, which is easily better. I would love to see him start over Benson, but I just don't see them giving up on him so quickly. He would be a very good player to pick and then wait on him. If the Packers are smart they'll see he's the better back soon enough.

#6 TheWhiteMamba

TheWhiteMamba

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I don't think its far fetched he could be the main back next year, he definitely had the hot hand of all of their backs. I wouldn't be surprised if they go after Steven Jackson or something though
10 team .5 ppr
QB: Stafford
RB: Murray
RB: Ellington
WR: Bryant
WR: Roddy White
TE: Pitta
FLEX: Rashad Jennings
D: Bengals
K: Graham
BN: Chris Johnson
BN: Erick Decker
BN: Pierre Thomas
BN: Boldin
BN: Justin Hunter
BN: Ahmad Bradshaw
BN: Zach Ertz

#7 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

I agree there is a good chance they bring someone else in.....but if its only an aging Benson between Harris and the starting RB, I really like Harris' chance of having value. He appears so much more explosive from anyone else they have.

#8 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

I would guess Benson would be back. He did nothing to lose the starting role. He averaged 3.5 yards a carry, which is slightly under his career average over 3.8. The Packers have a miserable offensive line, so I would blame that number mostly on that. Harris averaged 4.6, even with their horrible line, which is easily better. I would love to see him start over Benson, but I just don't see them giving up on him so quickly. He would be a very good player to pick and then wait on him. If the Packers are smart they'll see he's the better back soon enough.

If Harris can sustain what he showed down the stretch Benson will ride pine. Harris seemed pretty adept as a pass catcher which is really essential as a RB in this offense.
SuperJoint Signature™ available only to RotoWorld Forums Gold Club™ Members

#9 Wardog

Wardog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

If they don't bring anyone else of significance in, I think Green will have the first crack at most of the early down work with Harris as the change-of-pace/3rd down back. Green was coming off a torn ACL in 2011 and didn't recover all of his explosiveness so I think they give him another shot to be the lead back. I do like Harris though and he could very well be the most valuable back in GB next year, although that's not saying much. I don't see Benson back. I would guess Starks has a better chance of returning than Benson.Ted Thompson will probably go out and find a diamond-in-the-rough late-round pick or undrafted FA for depth.

#10 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

I'm not really believing that they're dying to give Green a significant role in this backfield, I think Harris impressed and has needed less time TO impress when looking at all the chances Green had to prove he was the guy.

CedBen was actually productive and found a role for carries and receptions in the GB offense. He still has a chance to come back and be the starter he was the first half of the season. He provided a true run threat when getting close to the goal line to pair with Rodgers quick passing inside the 10 that defenses have to be ready for when inside the 10.

Also to note: It's been very baffling to me how run-heavy this offense has turned into. McCarthy for whatever reason, despite having the best QB in the league, appears to want a near 50/50 split on run and pass plays. There were even some games where total carries by RB's exceeded Rodgers pass attempts. For me, I believe that's ridiculous, this offense easily has reason to be far and away pass-first. But they were winning in the reg season even with this close to even offensive attack.

So all that said, whatever RB comes out as the lead back in GB could hold some serious value. GB is oddly running it more than I would expect, and even trying to run it in for 6 frequently instead of using Rodgers...you know the best passer in the league. So Harris, CedBen(if he comes back), or a FA they bring in is liable to hold serious RB value that will go late in drafts.

#11 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

i think harris would be the "starter", green the 3rd down type.

i wouldn't be shocked at all if this ends up being the case, with Harris owners turning this thread into the vent thread as Rodgers throws for 7 TDs or Kuhn gets 3 carries for 2 yards/2 TDs.

#12 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Kuhn is the best point to avoid this backfield entirely...which I might do. But it will be tempting since I believe the starting RB for GB will have a very tempting ADP. I think CedBen went as low as like the 8th-10th round last year.

#13 Wardog

Wardog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

i won't have any problem drafting him as my RB2.
Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm sure you won't since nobody else will.

#14 FFninja

FFninja

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I think there is a 98% chance that the 2013 starter is not on the roster right now.

All discussion in this thread should be as to whether Harris will be the top handcuff or not.

#15 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

I think there's a 100% chance you pulled those odds right out of your a**.

#16 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Well....I agree with the above but the Packers have needed an RB for a few years now and never seem to adequately address it...so who knows. The reality is, Harris did a very nice job for them when he got the chance. I agree, the Packers will plan to go after an RB but the NFL draft is very unpredictable so if a guy or two falls to them at different positions, I could see them putting RB on the back burner once again. They could go after free agent RBs too but not sure there is a clear cut, no brainer starter floating around that they would land. I would guess Harris will not be their starter at the beginning of next year, but I also am hanging onto Harris for now and watching closely.

#17 Blood Brother

Blood Brother

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

He's not a workhorse type. I think GB will either draft a RB or continue to go with a committee. Harris isn't a RB who is built to carry it 20-25 times. I like him, but moreso IRL rather than fantasy, as I don't see him being more than a change of pace type back.

Edited by Blood Brother, 24 January 2013 - 03:01 PM.

16 team H2H Dynasty league 6x6(R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG / W, S, K's, Hld, ERA, WHIP)

Hitters:
C - Jonathan Lucroy (MIL - C, 1B)
1B - Edwin Encarnacion (Tor - 1B, 3B)
2B - Robinson Cano (Sea - 2B)
3B - Miguel Cabrera (Det - 1B, 3B)
SS - Starlin Castro (ChC - SS)
LF - Carlos Gonzalez (COL - LF)
CF - Corey Dickerson (Col - LF, CF)
RF - George Springer (Hou - CF, RF)
Util - David Wright (NYM - 3B)
BN - Oswaldo Arcia (Min - LF, RF), Jean Segura (Mil - SS), Kole Calhoun (LAA - RF), Jake Lamb (ARI - 3B), Lucas Duda (NYM - 1B, LF)
Pitchers:(5 SP/5 RP)
Starters: Clayton Kershaw, Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, James Shields, Jose Quintana, Jordan Zimmermann, Carlos Martinez, Corey Kluber, Ivan Nova(DL)
Relievers: Craig Kimbrel, Greg Holland, Sean Doolittle, Joe Smith, Shae Simmons
Farm System: Andrew Heaney (MIA - SP), Marco Gonzales(StL - SP), Daniel Norris(TOR - SP), Ronald Guzman(TEX - 1B/OF), Dan Vogelbach(CHC - 1B), Blake Snell(TB - SP), Jose Martinez(Ari - SP), Hunter Dozier(KC - SS/3B), Adalberto Mejia(SF - SP)

#18 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Kevin Smith ...

#19 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

I think the guy to own in this GB backfield probably isn't on the roster yet. CedBen is the only potential workhorse here, we'll see if they hold onto him. If they do, I'll take him in the 7th-8th range.

#20 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

totally forgot about Mr. Benson.

maybe they take a flier on Lattimore if he drops ... could be a huge steal for 2014.