561 replies to this topic

#1 Big Tuna

Big Tuna

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hyped prospect...looked pretty avg ...then had a nice run at the end of the season. Does he have a starting spot this year and how will he do?

#2 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hyped prospect...looked pretty avg ...then had a nice run at the end of the season. Does he have a starting spot this year and how will he do?

I dont think he will at the beginning of the season.. but i fully expect him to be a starter by all star break. I like him a lot this year, he seems to have fixed what troubling him early last year and he has so much talent and potential.
No Days Off

#3 crotchcrickets

crotchcrickets

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

I don't see why Miller doesn't break camp with a spot in the starting rotation.

#4 PRoSPx

PRoSPx

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I would think he's more than 50/50 to break camp. If he does make the team out of spring watch out he could be in for a very nice season.

#5 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

I would think he's more than 50/50 to break camp. If he does make the team out of spring watch out he could be in for a very nice season.

Aparently Lynn is still the front runner for the job, so that's why I think they let him start in the minors in the beginning
No Days Off

#6 damana

damana

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Aparently Lynn is still the front runner for the job, so that's why I think they let him start in the minors in the beginning

If Garcia is not healthy come spring training (which I think is a very real possibility) then there will be two spots available for Rosenthal, Miller, Lynn, and Kelly. I think Miller wins that 5th spot.

Edited by damana, 21 January 2013 - 07:22 PM.

4X4 AL East and NL only Keeper auction league (Keep 10)

C. Davis ($25)(3 years)
D. Murphy ($6)(3 years)
B. Harper ($17)(2 years)
E. Cabrera ($4)(3 years)
X. Boegaerts (3rd base eligible only)($6)(4 years)
A. Jones ($27)(1 year)
K. Jensen ($8)(3 years)
M. Minor ($7)(3 years)
A. Cobb ($9)(3 years)
A. Cashner ($6)(3 years)

#7 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

I don't see Kelly as even in the picture for a rotation spot. It's also no lock that Garcia gets a spot. If he comes back and struggles in spring training, he may be held out on the DL for a little bit until he shows he is fully healthy. It's between him, Miller, Rosenthal, and Lynn for the last 2 spots. If I had to pick right now, I would guess that it ends being Lynn and Miller (although I hope it is Rosenthal).
Bring back Ray!

#8 crotchcrickets

crotchcrickets

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

It's my personal opinion that Rosenthal is the best out of Miller, Kelly, and Lynn.
  • Posting In The Clutch likes this

#9 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

It's my personal opinion that Rosenthal is the best out of Miller, Kelly, and Lynn.

Agreed. I'm also not sure why the Cards decided to hold onto Westbrook. I'd rather start developing a young pitcher with upside out there (take your pick with Lynn, Miller, and Rosenthal) than him.

Oh my friends, my friends, forgive me

That I live and you are gone.

There's a grief that can't be spoken.

There's a pain goes on and on.

#10 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,712 posts
  • Interests:Following jimmy Buffett all summer hitting baseball stadiums along the way.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I guess last year he upset the Cards because he showed up too thin and in the low 200's, he has put on 18-20lbs this offseason and is back where he was.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#11 crotchcrickets

crotchcrickets

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

lol "beach body"

#12 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Agreed. I'm also not sure why the Cards decided to hold onto Westbrook. I'd rather start developing a young pitcher with upside out there (take your pick with Lynn, Miller, and Rosenthal) than him.

I guarentee its a decision the Cardinals are regretting already. They signed Westbrook to an extension in-season last year when Miller was having a rough AAA year, Lynn had slowed down, and Carpenter had yet to come back healthy. If they knew they had all these starting pitcher options I don't think they would have done it. The Cardinals have already said Lynn is the favorite for the job so unless Garcia isn't ready or one of the others really impress then Rosenthal, Miller, and Kelly are going to be left out, Kelly would probably slide into a bullpen role. However, if you can afford to hold on to Rosenthal and Miller I think they have great upside for later in the season. Cardinals are quietly developing a lot of pitching prospects.

#13 crotchcrickets

crotchcrickets

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Rumor has it that Carpenter is retiring today.

#14 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

This is huge for Miller. I expert him to get a starting position if they don't sign lohse again.
No Days Off

#15 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,952 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

The Cardinals are already downplaying resigning Kyle Lohse, have to believe that they are confident in what they have in Miller and the rest of the system that resigning Lohse would not be a priority.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#16 crotchcrickets

crotchcrickets

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Well, he isnt officially retiring YET. If he doesn't the cards still have to pay him, which means they won't be signing Lohse.

From what i gather from the press conference, they are gonna look internally, i.e. Miller.

#17 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Well, he isnt officially retiring YET. If he doesn't the cards still have to pay him, which means they won't be signing Lohse.

From what i gather from the press conference, they are gonna look internally, i.e. Miller.

Good to hear they will look internally. I am very very high on Miller then. I'm assuming he will still be had at a good value
No Days Off

#18 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Miller will be a stud this year. Mark it down

#19 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Miller will be a stud this year. Mark it down

I really think so too, and he won't come at the price of someone like Harvey or Moore.
No Days Off

#20 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Good to hear they will look internally. I am very very high on Miller then. I'm assuming he will still be had at a good value

This. They shouldn't (and appears they won't) pay for Lohse. They have a lot of young arms ready to step up. Miller, Lynn, and Rosenthal are just a few of them. This is definitley a good move for fantasy as another one of them will get a shot to be a starter in the majors. Whichever 2 it is will be worth picking up at the end of drafts.
Bring back Ray!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users