Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Martin Prado 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
252 replies to this topic

#1 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

he had a nice season. he likes playing 3B. said he hated having to come from LF to get the dugout. can we expect similiar numbers.

#2 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

I think a lot depends on your settings and depth of your league. If you are in say a 10-12 team mixed league that has 20 game position eligibility, then he is OF-3B eligible and his numbers probably arent that valuable.

If you are in a 10-game league, where he has 2B-SS-3B-OF Eligibility, I think he becomes much more valuable.

If you are in a 10-game and like a weekly/daily head to head league where you are setting a line up, he is gold because he gives you so much flexibility.

He is a player whose value is definetly driven by the depth of your league and its settings.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#3 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,878 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I think a lot depends on your settings and depth of your league. If you are in say a 10-12 team mixed league that has 20 game position eligibility, then he is OF-3B eligible and his numbers probably arent that valuable.

If you are in a 10-game league, where he has 2B-SS-3B-OF Eligibility, I think he becomes much more valuable.

If you are in a 10-game and like a weekly/daily head to head league where you are setting a line up, he is gold because he gives you so much flexibility.

He is a player whose value is definetly driven by the depth of your league and its settings.

He is so much more valuable when he has those MI positions... His stats are great for those positions, but I dont really want him as my starting 3B in a 12 team league, maybe UTIL
No Days Off

#4 Irishman2495

Irishman2495

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

prado just got traded..... value goes up? or goes down? i say down
20 Team Dynasty 21-1 finished the season and WON THE TITLE
C-Lucroy
1st-Allen Craig
2nd-Murphy
3rd-Headley
SS-Tulo
OF-Yelich,Trout,Hunter
DH-Ortiz

Scherzer
Bailey
Kuroda
Cashner
Bucholtz
Holland
Parnell
Smyly
Cecil
Estrada
Archie Bradley, Eduardo Rodriguez, Henery Owens, Mason Williams, Enny Romero

#5 BigPapi44

BigPapi44

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

prado just got traded..... value goes up? or goes down? i say down

Depends on where he's batting in the lineup. I'd think he'd be 2-3 in that lineup now, for me if that's the case it's up considering he is moving to a hitter's park.

#6 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

he is going to a hitters park. I say it shoud stay the same or be better.

Edited by ballfan4141, 24 January 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#7 astarlist

astarlist

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

I guess he's sticking at 3b then?
12 team dynasty h2h points league
C C. Santana
1b Trumbo
2b Kipnis, Prado
ss Bogaerts
3b Zimmerman
MI Rutledge
CI Sandoval
OF Choo, Gardner, Fowler, M. Brantley
Util Belt,
BN G. Polanco, Buxton

P Minor, Moore, Salazar, Kennedy, Archer, Yordano, Z. Wheeler, Erasmo Ramirez, T. Walker, Duffy, Bundy, Heaney

#8 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

yea has to be at 3B. he actually hits better when playing 3rd.

#9 BigPapi44

BigPapi44

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

yea has to be at 3B. he actually hits better when playing 3rd.

May get shifted around too. Fill in occasionally for Gregarious (provided he becomes an everyday player) and also for Hill (to rest him).

#10 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Prado only hit 10 HRs in 2012 and has averaged 13 over his last 3 seasons. He also hit 42 doubles last year.

With his move to ARZ what are chances he turns some of the doubles into HRs. I think he could put up 15 to 20 HRs this year. I believe he's slotted in to hit either 2nd or 3rd for the DBacks.

#11 ChrisFarley

ChrisFarley

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Underrated player. Doesn't carry the flash of other more prominent names, but I think you can bank a .300, 15 HR, 80 RBI season.

#12 Blood Brother

Blood Brother

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

I like him a lot this year. As you guys have said, I wouldnt' be surprised if he hit 15 HR playing in that park to go along with the good BA and good RBI totals. I'll take that at 2B/SS with ease
16 team H2H Dynasty league 6x6(R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG / W, S, K's, Hld, ERA, WHIP)

Hitters:
C - Jonathan Lucroy (MIL - C, 1B)
1B - Edwin Encarnacion (Tor - 1B, 3B)
2B - Robinson Cano (Sea - 2B)
3B - Miguel Cabrera (Det - 1B, 3B)
SS - Starlin Castro (ChC - SS)
LF - Carlos Gonzalez (COL - LF)
CF - Corey Dickerson (Col - LF, CF)
RF - George Springer (Hou - CF, RF)
Util - David Wright (NYM - 3B)
BN - Oswaldo Arcia (Min - LF, RF), Jean Segura (Mil - SS), Kole Calhoun (LAA - RF), Jake Lamb (ARI - 3B), Lucas Duda (NYM - 1B, LF)
Pitchers:(5 SP/5 RP)
Starters: Clayton Kershaw, Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, James Shields, Jose Quintana, Jordan Zimmermann, Carlos Martinez, Corey Kluber, Ivan Nova(DL)
Relievers: Craig Kimbrel, Greg Holland, Sean Doolittle, Joe Smith, Shae Simmons
Farm System: Andrew Heaney (MIA - SP), Marco Gonzales(StL - SP), Daniel Norris(TOR - SP), Ronald Guzman(TEX - 1B/OF), Dan Vogelbach(CHC - 1B), Blake Snell(TB - SP), Jose Martinez(Ari - SP), Hunter Dozier(KC - SS/3B), Adalberto Mejia(SF - SP)

#13 2ndCitySox

2ndCitySox

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

I like him a lot this year. As you guys have said, I wouldnt' be surprised if he hit 15 HR playing in that park to go along with the good BA and good RBI totals. I'll take that at 2B/SS with ease

Would you take it at 3B?
All-Icon Team:
C- Carlton Fisk
1B- Frank Thomas
2B- Ryne Sandberg
SS- Ozzie Smith
3B- Wade Boggs
CF- Rickey
LF- Kirk Gibson
RF- Chili Davis
DH- Eddie Murray

SP- Nolan Ryan
SP- Orel Herschiser
SP- Greg Maddux
SP- Roger Clemens
SP- BlackJack McDowell

RP- Eck

#14 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Prado's always been one of my favorite players. He's just so consistent. Every time you take him, you know what you are getting. He's a great source of average every year, and could up his homer, rbi, and runs totals this year with the new park. He has added value in H2H because he'll give you production every week.
Bring back Ray!

#15 Blood Brother

Blood Brother

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Would you take it at 3B?

I wouldn't mind it tbh, just depends on the situation. You could nab him later in a draft as a decent 3B option as long as the rest of your lineup has been filled out well accordingly.
16 team H2H Dynasty league 6x6(R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG / W, S, K's, Hld, ERA, WHIP)

Hitters:
C - Jonathan Lucroy (MIL - C, 1B)
1B - Edwin Encarnacion (Tor - 1B, 3B)
2B - Robinson Cano (Sea - 2B)
3B - Miguel Cabrera (Det - 1B, 3B)
SS - Starlin Castro (ChC - SS)
LF - Carlos Gonzalez (COL - LF)
CF - Corey Dickerson (Col - LF, CF)
RF - George Springer (Hou - CF, RF)
Util - David Wright (NYM - 3B)
BN - Oswaldo Arcia (Min - LF, RF), Jean Segura (Mil - SS), Kole Calhoun (LAA - RF), Jake Lamb (ARI - 3B), Lucas Duda (NYM - 1B, LF)
Pitchers:(5 SP/5 RP)
Starters: Clayton Kershaw, Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, James Shields, Jose Quintana, Jordan Zimmermann, Carlos Martinez, Corey Kluber, Ivan Nova(DL)
Relievers: Craig Kimbrel, Greg Holland, Sean Doolittle, Joe Smith, Shae Simmons
Farm System: Andrew Heaney (MIA - SP), Marco Gonzales(StL - SP), Daniel Norris(TOR - SP), Ronald Guzman(TEX - 1B/OF), Dan Vogelbach(CHC - 1B), Blake Snell(TB - SP), Jose Martinez(Ari - SP), Hunter Dozier(KC - SS/3B), Adalberto Mejia(SF - SP)

#16 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

ss? and 2b? this is yahoo? they give pos. elig. so easy.

#17 supac720

supac720

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

ss? and 2b? this is yahoo? they give pos. elig. so easy.

Yeah they do. I mean Jordan Pacheco for COL is Catcher eligible, which is really only of note to deep NL-Only leagues, but all it takes is 5 games started there, I believe.

#18 Nick Mitchell

Nick Mitchell

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Yes, right here.

For me, he is the key definition of a Swiss army knife fantasy player. I am in a 10-game league where he is eligible at all 4 positions.

He is a guy I plan to target anywhere from $8-$16 in auctions, or rounds 4-7 in drafts. I love his versatility... I used Trevor Plouffe in a similar role last season, but got him by accident! I'd like to secure a guy like Prado who is more of a sure thing...

I'm high on him this year. Arizona shouldn't hurt his value...
let your members encourage my suicide. besides, I kinda wanna _

#19 PRoSPx

PRoSPx

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

I honestly think his positional elgibility is more valuable in deeper leagues.

#20 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Regardless of league format, Prado is the type of guy that I love to own year in/year out. In addition to his eligibility bonus, he's the perfect type of player to help balance out the negative impact of those BA killers we all love and hate at the same time. Drafting a Prado helps take alot of the sting out of selecting a Texiera, Bautista, etc. type a few rounds earlier.
Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ