Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

2013 NFL Conference Championship Gameday Thread -- SF @ Atl & Bal @ NE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
534 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,011 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Two interesting story lines. NFC represents a clash of styles. AFC a rematch of bitter foes led by their HOF leaders. We could have a Harbaugh Bowl or will they get shut out? Can the Brow silent his critics forever? Can Ray Lewis inspire his team for one more win? Will Brady go to unprecedented 6th SB? Can Matty Ice frustrate the Niner defense? Can Gore gash the Falcon Defense? Can the Kaep have another historic performance? All answers will be played out today. Post em', kids and have fun!
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#2 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

I don't like/don't care about any teams left

Hoping for a 9ers/Pats SB ... only good matchup. Pats would destroy ATL, couldn't care less about the Falcons/Ravens, and I refuse to watch a "Harbaugh Bowl"

so... Go Patriots?

#3 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,730 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

I think the improvements in the Pats running game ends up being the difference maker this year vs the Ravens and in the SB, even if only used to set up the pass.

QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#4 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Being from the bay, I will be cheering on my Niners today! I think Gore/Kaep will run all over that defense, no matter how much they try to stop it. They did alright containing Wilson in the first three quarters last week, but Kaep just has those crazy long legs. I think both games will be really exciting giving the playing styles of the NFC matchup and the recent history of the AFC matchup. I don't really care who wins for the AFC, as long as they are playing SF!
RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs. 4-3, 3rd place.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte, Trent Richardson,
DeAngelo Williams, Stepfan Taylor
WR: Pierre Garçon, Larry Fitzgerald, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson
W/R/T: T.Y. Hilton, Mike Evans
TE: Vernon Davis,
Antonio Gates
DEF: Denver D/ST
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Any Given Pick League (Friends): 11-team non-PPR, Running point total, 10pt all TDs, 10 point bonus at 100 yds rush/rec or 300 yards passing, Can keep up to three players drafted 9th round or later for 4 years after draft (* = keepers prior to draft) 994.32 points, 3rd place.

QB: Nick Foles, RG3
RB: Eddie Lacy, Arian Foster, Lamar Miller, Ronnie Hillman, Fred Jackson*
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones*, ODB, Josh Gordon*
Flex: Alshon Jeffery
TE: Travis Kelce
DEF: Philly D/ST
K: Carpenter

#5 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

After watching the games last weekend I was thinking the 49ers big. The more I have thought about it this week, I really don't think that's going to happen. The Packers played about the worst possible defense against Kaepernick. He's not going to put up as huge a game this week. If the Falcons can get a lead and force him to beat them with the pass, they could definitely pull it out. Ryan is going to have to have his best post-season game by a good margin though.

Pats-Ravens should be a good one. Flacco is the AFC's answer to Eli. Can't trust him, but could put up a 400 yard performance at any point.

I think both games will be close, but leaning towards the home teams in both.

#6 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

After watching the games last weekend I was thinking the 49ers big. The more I have thought about it this week, I really don't think that's going to happen. The Packers played about the worst possible defense against Kaepernick. He's not going to put up as huge a game this week. If the Falcons can get a lead and force him to beat them with the pass, they could definitely pull it out. Ryan is going to have to have his best post-season game by a good margin though.

Pats-Ravens should be a good one. Flacco is the AFC's answer to Eli. Can't trust him, but could put up a 400 yard performance at any point.

I think both games will be close, but leaning towards the home teams in both.

Eli has more SB MVPs than Flacco has eyebrows.

http://cache.deadspi.../flaccobert.jpg

http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.3701493.1336282047!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/display_600/image.jpg

Edited by rraayy3, 20 January 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#7 FML

FML

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

I think the improvements in the Pats running game ends up being the difference maker this year vs the Ravens and in the SB, even if only used to set up the pass.

Devin McCourty moving over to safety and Aqib Talib going to corner will be the difference today. Torrey Smith torched McCourty the past 2 games and the Pats didn't have an answer for the deep ball. And I already did the "Harbaugh Bowl" last season on Thanksgiving - brutal showing by both offenses as the defenses dominated.

Megatron = lemon

A year early with his foresight but Julio is a wizard lol!

#8 egomaniac247

egomaniac247

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Anyone just see the Falcons pregame huddle hype thing? (Similar to what Drew Brees does with his team around him)

It consisted of a Falcons guy doing crotch chops and groin thrusts followed by getting on the ground and humping the ground.

#9 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I really don't like any of the teams left but I do like Gonzo. It would be nice for him to at least play in a SB.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***
Record: 3-4

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Julio Jones (2.09)
WR2: Roddy White
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Robbie Gould
Bench: Calvin Johnson (1.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, Carson Palmer, James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#10 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,067 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

I want San Fran to win the Superbowl so that the greatest WR of all time can have a Superbowl ring.

I still have NO CLUE about the AFC game. I keep thinking BAL covers and NE wins, but who knows...
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#11 egomaniac247

egomaniac247

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

I'm pulling for the Falcons just because I don't like the 49ers....plus like DocJ said, I'd like to see Gonzalez play in a Superbowl.

#12 egomaniac247

egomaniac247

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Also considering how Flacco & Ryan have been compared to each other for so long it would be kind of interesting to see them in the Superbowl

#13 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I just realized something, ATL has no one in place to take over at TE next year, where are those 93 catches going to go? Hmmmmm any decent pass catching TE avail FA? Cook maybe?

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***
Record: 3-4

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Julio Jones (2.09)
WR2: Roddy White
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Robbie Gould
Bench: Calvin Johnson (1.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, Carson Palmer, James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#14 egomaniac247

egomaniac247

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Every time I've heard Mike Smith talk he's said that he's clinging to the 5% chance that Gonzo comes back haha.

#15 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,067 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

There is no way the Failcons win this, right??
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#16 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 26,011 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

I want San Fran to win the Superbowl so that the greatest WR of all time can have a Superbowl ring.

Jerry Rice already has 3......how many do you want this man to have?

And Moss isn't that close to Rice.
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#17 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 17,840 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

There is no way the Failcons win this, right??

The 3 PM time is better, but if there is anytime for ATL to strike, it's the 1H when SF could be sluggish...

Football PPR 2014 - Cutler, L. Bell, R. Jennings, Dez, Marshall, V-Jax, Justin Hunter, Quick, Rudolph, HOU DST. D-Thomas fan club member.
Dynasty 2014 - Romo, E. Lacy, Gore, T. Gerhart, C-Michael, J. McKinnon, D-Train, K. Allen, R. White, M. Evans, D. Adams, B. Quick, J. Graham, L. Green, HOU DST.

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#18 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 17,840 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Big 3rd down conversion there, protecting against Aldon Smith pretty well there.

Football PPR 2014 - Cutler, L. Bell, R. Jennings, Dez, Marshall, V-Jax, Justin Hunter, Quick, Rudolph, HOU DST. D-Thomas fan club member.
Dynasty 2014 - Romo, E. Lacy, Gore, T. Gerhart, C-Michael, J. McKinnon, D-Train, K. Allen, R. White, M. Evans, D. Adams, B. Quick, J. Graham, L. Green, HOU DST.

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

#19 egomaniac247

egomaniac247

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Man that was beautiful. Awesome toss and catch between Ryan & Julio for the TD

#20 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 17,840 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Julio open by 7 yards...wow.

7-0, best case scenario for ATL...