Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

2013 NFL Conference Championship Gameday Thread -- SF @ Atl & Bal @ NE

This topic is in the process of being archived.
534 replies to this topic

#521 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

brady overrated? hah....good one......if it wasn't for that silly once-in-a-lifetime catch by Tyree in the SB, Brady would be a 4-time SB champion, leading his team to a 19-0 record while throwing for a league record 50 TD's.

s*** happens

The three super bowls wins were all by the skin of their teeth and Brady didn't play great in any of the wins. People can say what they want but he is and never will be Joe Montana.

THANK YOU

He is a great player, there is no arguing that ... but to proclaim him the "best QB ever" is absolutely ridiculous. People wanna cry about the Tyree "fluke" play ... how about the tuck rule vs Oakland ... or the fact that Vinatieri, not Brady, is the one that performed with the game on the line. His playoff record is around .500 since their last SB win. 3 SB wins by what, 9 points? [I know they count, obviously, but these games could've just as easily been 3 losses] ... and they haven't won one since "Spygate". I laugh when some people still mention their "dynasty" ... it's been over for 8 years.

and for all the love he gets for being so clutch/calm in the pocket, he's incredibly easy to rattle after a few hits. All he does is yell at the OL and cry to the refs ... it's actually quite fun to watch [especially when it's the Giants smacking him around].

Great player. Future HOFer. Best ever? No.

Edited by rraayy3, 22 January 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#522 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

and for all the love he gets for being so clutch/calm in the pocket, he's incredibly easy to rattle after a few hits.

I think they call that something.

What's the word...

I just can't put my finger on it...

Posted Image
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#523 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

I've seen quite a bit of this is his last few playoff games

"He's focused. Back off."

- Patriots "fan"

#524 Pooskay

Pooskay

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

brady overrated? hah....good one......if it wasn't for that silly once-in-a-lifetime catch by Tyree in the SB, Brady would be a 4-time SB champion, leading his team to a 19-0 record while throwing for a league record 50 TD's.

s*** happens

The three super bowls wins were all by the skin of their teeth and Brady didn't play great in any of the wins. People can say what they want but he is and never will be Joe Montana.

I never said he's Joe Montana, but he's def not "overrated"

#525 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

s*** happens

I never said he's Joe Montana, but he's def not "overrated"

The fact that those names are routinely mentioned together is exactly what makes him "rated better than he is" (overrated).

#526 Pooskay

Pooskay

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

No.

Brady deserves to be mentioned in the same class as Montana...I grew up watching Montana (long-time Niners fan), and Brady is not that far off.

let's not forget one thing - Montana was throwing to the greatest receiver of all-time, and the weapons around him were insane at the time.....when was the last time Brady had a hall-of-famer WR to throw to? ....oh yeah, randy moss....the season he threw for 50 TD's and ended up losing in a flukey SB.

#527 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

lost a "flukey" super bowl ... and those 3 wins by 3 FIELD GOALS weren't ? the tuck rule vs oakland wasn't absolute BS? Vinatieri didn't bail brady out? 3 times?

and that "fluke" tyree play was on a 3rd down play ... not like the game would've been over if that wasn't complete.

they weren't lucky to even be in the SB last year?

nah, tom is a god amongst mortals. that fluke SB were he threw 1 TD (on a corner that slipped) as QB of the 16-0 best team ever must've been a fluke too.

#528 Pooskay

Pooskay

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

now you just sound like a hater.

tom brady is in the same class as montana...simple as that.....oh yeah, you basically ignored most of my reply, except for the "flukey" comment....how convenient.

#529 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

now you just sound like a hater.

tom brady is in the same class as montana...simple as that.....oh yeah, you basically ignored most of my reply, except for the "flukey" comment....how convenient.

i ignored it because it's irrelevant. i'm sure plenty of people had a TV n the 1980s and don't consider themselves experts on Joe Montana, but whatever. you're right, i'm wrong. you consider his 2007 loss a fluke ... i can just as easily call his 3 SB wins a fluke ... or his afc championship last year ... but that makes me a hater.

you win.

Edited by rraayy3, 22 January 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#530 Pooskay

Pooskay

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

jerry rice is irrelevant to montana's success?

you're right....I do win.

:)

#531 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Montana 4-0 in his SB. 11 TDs, 0 INTs. QB rating of 128.

in an era where defenses were actually allowed to play defense.

Brady threw for 1 TD in the SB [on a corner that fell] when he had that hall of fame WR ... but whatever.

Edited by rraayy3, 22 January 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#532 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Believe me I hate Tom Brady, he's an enormous douche and a giant tool, his douchelord stetson ads also make me want to punch him in the mouth, but it's pretty crazy to try and say he shouldn't be in the conversation with some of the best QB's to ever play the game. Being able to win 3 Super Bowls is no mistake. As much as I dislike the guy, 3 rings is only in the company of Montana, Aikman and Bradshaw. I hate to say it but he's up there, that's good company as one of only 4 qbs to ever play the game that have 3 rings.

#533 sfdevil

sfdevil

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

that superbowl win was definitely not fluky. I dont think the patriots have beaten the giants since. that Giants line knows how to put pressure on Brady from the inside. Justin Tuck was robbed of the super bowl mvp

#534 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,768 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Definitely not irrelevant, but Montana did win two SBs and coinciding MVPs before Rice got there.
RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte, Trent Richardson,
DeAngelo Williams, Stepfan Taylor, Shaun Draughn
WR: Pierre Garçon, Larry Fitzgerald, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson
W/R/T: T.Y. Hilton, Mike Evans
TE: Vernon Davis,
Antonio Gates
DEF: Denver D/ST
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Any Given Pick League (Friends): 11-team non-PPR, Running point total, 10pt all TDs, 10 point bonus at 100 yds rush/rec or 300 yards passing, Can keep up to three players drafted 9th round or later for 4 years after draft (* = keepers prior to draft)

QB: Nick Foles
RB: Eddie Lacy, Arian Foster, Lamar Miller, Fred Jackson*, Terrance West
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones*, Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, Josh Gordon*
Flex: Percy Harvin
TE: Kyle Rudolph
DEF: Cincy D/ST
K: Crosby

#535 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Definitely not irrelevant, but Montana did win two SBs and coinciding MVPs before Rice got there.

the "irrelevant" part i was talking about was the "i'm a 9ers fan grew up watching Montana" like it's some qualification, but this factual information helps thanks. i'm sure quite a few people had access to television and watched Montana play.

on top of the fact that tom brady, renowned for his "clutch" performances, hasn't performed nearly as well as Montana did. Brady was also, dare I say, bad/mediocre in 3 of his 5 SBs and his epic SB wins came thanks to Vinatieri's foot, not Brady's arm. The .500 playoff record since spygate hasn't helped either.

but he's the "greatest QB ever", just like ray lewis is the "greatest LB ever" --- another absolutely ridiculous statement i've been hearing quite a bit lately [media more than here]

Montana/LT >>> Brady/Lewis.

and i am not a "hater", i've said numerous times Brady is a great player. He is that's not even a debate, but crowning him the best QB ever - like some people are doing - is absolutely ridiculous. He's not.