Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Chris Andersen 2012-2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Thats Ridiculous

Thats Ridiculous

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,642 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

MIAMI (AP) -- Chris Andersen is getting another chance in the NBA.
The Miami Heat have signed Andersen to a 10-day contract. The Heat also brought forward-center Jarvis Varnado back for a second 10-day deal.
Andersen worked out for the Heat about two weeks ago and remained in the team's plans.
Andersen has averaged 5.4 points and 5.2 rebounds in his NBA career. His last appearance was with Denver on March 25.
Owner Micky Arison announced the signings Sunday morning

#2 draga

draga

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

<_<

#3 Thats Ridiculous

Thats Ridiculous

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 13,642 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

My question is... Whatever happend to the rumors of him being accused of being a pedophile? :o

#4 rayruuu

rayruuu

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

My question is... Whatever happend to the rumors of him being accused of being a pedophile? :o

IIRC, I think it was some girl trying to extort $
14 Team PPR

QB: Rivers
RB: Ellington, Joique
WR: DT, VJax, MFloyd
TE: Graham
Flex: Miller
D/ST: Pats
K: Parkey

Bench: Ben Tate, J. Gordon, Asiata, Freeman, Crowell, Hartline

#5 Dynasty999

Dynasty999

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I like him a lot in deep leagues if you have the space. Even if he only gets 15 mpg which he realistically could he is still pretty valueable just due to the crazy rate he blocks shots, rebounds, steals, and he also has a very high fg% and low turnovers.

Edited by Dynasty999, 20 January 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#6 SoFarGone

SoFarGone

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

I believe he was set up or something like that
---------------------------------------------------------
ESPN 10-Team H2H Most Cat. League:
----------------------------------------------------------
PG - Westbrook/ B.Jennings/ J.Jack/ K.Lowry
SG -
SF - Gay/ Batum/ Delfino/ Harkless
PF - D.Lee/ D.West/ J.Thompson/ D.Williams
C - Cousins/ M.Gasol/ T.Chandler
IR- Kevin Love

#7 Thats Ridiculous

Thats Ridiculous

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 13,642 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Birdman could be the difference-maker for the Heat to win that championship again.
His athletic defense is gonna be huge.

He'll be a huge source of Blocks too.

#8 Alfalfabeans

Alfalfabeans

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Dunno what kind of condition he's in physically and mentally...He's been out of the game for a while now.

#9 Dynasty999

Dynasty999

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

Who knows but he has tried out for teams a few times already this season so I assume it's at least halfway decent. Plus he did play in the NBA last year, it's not like he was out of the league for multiple years like Sheed was. Speaking of Sheed I don't think even he took that long to get back to be ready to play 15 mpg although I didn't follow the situation closely.

#10 tricas

tricas

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

I think he can be a nice fit in Miami. They realy need a guy like him, to be a scary figure under the basket.

#11 Alfalfabeans

Alfalfabeans

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

I think he can be a nice fit in Miami. They realy need a guy like him, to be a scary figure under the basket.

Yeah they need rebounding and toughness...Something Bosh lacks in spades.

#12 tricas

tricas

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

I'm realy excited to see how many PT he will get, if he gets around 20 minutes and I don't think it's impossible, they realy need toughness, he can produce around 2 blocks per game.

#13 lbc88

lbc88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Why is he on waivers in Yahoo leagues when no one's made a move on him yet? Is that how it is when a player is just recently activated?

#14 lbjames6

lbjames6

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Why is he on waivers in Yahoo leagues when no one's made a move on him yet? Is that how it is when a player is just recently activated?

When a player gets added to the player pool they go on waivers for a few days. It routinely happens in fantasy baseball when players from the minors are called up but they aren't huge names.

Yahoo $$$ 12 Team 9-Cat

PG - Russell Westbrook, Jeff Teague, Reggie Jackson, Isaiah Thomas

SG - Kobe Bryant, Terrence Ross

SF - Thaddeus Young, Tony Allen

PF - Dirk Nowitzki, Amir Johnson, Amar'e Stoudemire

C - Robin Lopez, Timofey Mozgov, Mason Plumlee, Miles Plumlee

#15 krupocin

krupocin

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Turned out he had the bird brain of a 12 year old so they let him slide. Lol, actually, from what I had pieced together from many sources since it happened (I thought it was fascinating since it was Birdman and his checkered past of drug addiction and him being abused as a child growing up and being homeless etc etc), he was trying to get with some girl (who it seems like he met her or her Mom once in real life and they exchanged info) through the internet and the girl was under age (like 15 or 16 or something). She initially lied to him about her age to draw him in, sending him naked and/or sexual pics along the way trying to arrange a meeting so she could sleep with him and then presumably extort him. What happened was he sensed something was fishy and stopped talking to her and at this point she called the Denver and CA police to report him for attempted statutory rape and cyber crimes against a minor which is why they went to his house and took all of his computers. The police sensed something was not right on her end (maybe she had a past rap sheet I don't know) which is why he was never arrested or anything and a search of his computer corroborated his story that he thought she was of age and never did anything inappropriate. There could be alot more to it, and I'm pretty sure the bird had a gf when all this went down so who knows how this effected that, but that seems to be all of it that's out there - he didn't do anything but bc of his past and the seriousness of the accusation I think people made assumptions regardless and those 1st impressions can't be un-done.
How'd you get the beans above the frank!?

#16 Thats Ridiculous

Thats Ridiculous

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 13,642 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

When is his first game with the Heat? I'm excited to see him play.
I used to enjoy watching him.

#17 hifica

hifica

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

I added him and hope he will offer 5-5-1.5(blk) with 55% FG. I punt FT% and my league counts oreb.

#18 air worm

air worm

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Just add him and drop John Jenkins
Yahoo 16 team H2h
Roster : Greivis Vasquez, Quincy Pondexter, Evan Turner, Deng, Taj Gibson, Carl Landry, Marc Gasol, Robin Lopez, Tobias Harris, Copeland, Jrue Holiday, Alexey Shved, LeBron James, Steve Novak, Ryan Anderson, Kawhi Leonard, Andre Drummond, Earl Clark, Love, DeAndre Jordan, Iman Shumpert

PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, Util,Util,Util,Util,BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
FGM,FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PTM, 3PT%,REB, AST, ST, BLK

#19 Dynasty999

Dynasty999

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

When is his first game with the Heat? I'm excited to see him play.
I used to enjoy watching him.

7:30 tonight vs Toronto. I am also excited, he will be a nice backup center for me

#20 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Turned out he had the bird brain of a 12 year old so they let him slide. Lol, actually, from what I had pieced together from many sources since it happened (I thought it was fascinating since it was Birdman and his checkered past of drug addiction and him being abused as a child growing up and being homeless etc etc), he was trying to get with some girl (who it seems like he met her or her Mom once in real life and they exchanged info) through the internet and the girl was under age (like 15 or 16 or something). She initially lied to him about her age to draw him in, sending him naked and/or sexual pics along the way trying to arrange a meeting so she could sleep with him and then presumably extort him. What happened was he sensed something was fishy and stopped talking to her and at this point she called the Denver and CA police to report him for attempted statutory rape and cyber crimes against a minor which is why they went to his house and took all of his computers. The police sensed something was not right on her end (maybe she had a past rap sheet I don't know) which is why he was never arrested or anything and a search of his computer corroborated his story that he thought she was of age and never did anything inappropriate. There could be alot more to it, and I'm pretty sure the bird had a gf when all this went down so who knows how this effected that, but that seems to be all of it that's out there - he didn't do anything but bc of his past and the seriousness of the accusation I think people made assumptions regardless and those 1st impressions can't be un-done.

Do you think he got a tattoo to commemorate the experience?

Edited by mbroo5880i, 23 January 2013 - 11:08 AM.