Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

2013 Super Bowl XLVII Game Thread -- San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore RavensDid you know both teams are coached by Harbaughs? Me Neither.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
304 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,824 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Greatest LB of his generation vs Greatest WR of his generation?  The Brow vs The Schnoz?  Frank Gore vs Ed Reed?  Boldin or Crabtree?  V Davis or Torrey Smith?  Any of these the main storyline that BSPN has been handing us?  Nah....It's about the coaches, silly.  Bro vs Bro, Bro!  Here's the place to chat about the game and to make your call.....Let's see it.  These two guys are goofy looking.

Posted Image
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#2 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Whatever happens, LT is the greatest LB in the history of the sport.

Let's go ... 9ers? Don't wanna root for Harbaugh West, can't root for Lewis ...

9ers 3 - Ravens 2. Alex Smith MVP.

#3 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

This game will come down to the QB's. Both defenses are playing hard right now. Both have good RB's/WR's/TE's. Kaep and Flacco are both playing good right now. Whichever ones puts up the better numbers will likely be the winner. I'm going with Flacco and the Ravens, but obviously, I'm very biased.
Bring back Ray!

RotoJunction.com

#4 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

The game they played on Thanksgiving was a massive bore-fest.

I have had enough of Ray Lewis' obnoxious posturing, so...go 9ers.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#5 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

SFO wins 27-20. Moss catches the game winning td with less than a minute left in the 4thQ and cabbage patches in the endzone.
GO VIKES!!!!!!!

#6 Whoopie!

Whoopie!

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

We havent had a bye team win in 3 yrs and i think the trend continues.

The Ravens have that magical carpet ride kinda feel to them this yr a la the GMen/Pack in recent yrs.

Ravens,  23, Niners 20 (Akers missing a last second fg to get it to OT)

#7 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,081 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Harbaurg, Ray Lewis, Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Harbaugh Ed Reed,Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Kaepernick.

That's about sums up everything that will be discussed on the NFL Network, ESPN, and any other sports outlet.

#8 Zak0221

Zak0221

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Why do we have to suffer through a Pro Bowl next week :(

Probably the worst All Star game possible as it resembles nothing like the actual sport.  I wish we could just have crazy athletic competitions like QB throwing drills, crazy races, weight lifting, even a rowdy game of FLAG football would be more entertaining than real football.  

Seeing guys have a count down before they can rush the QB and guys yanking flags off these stars would be kinda funny.  

Kaepernick's scrambling is the key to the Harbowl, if the Ravens can keep Kaep's scramble yardage low while still slowing down the running game the Ravens should win.  But this is gonna be a conservative snoozer as either brother wont want to be the one that makes the first mistake.

#9 CuRrLy25

CuRrLy25

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostZak0221, on 22 January 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

Kaepernick's scrambling is the key to the Harbowl, if the Ravens can keep Kaep's scramble yardage low while still slowing down the running game the Ravens should win.  But this is gonna be a conservative snoozer as either brother wont want to be the one that makes the first mistake.

It will be tough to account for both Gore and Kaep.  Plus they can bring in James to bring in a little different style from Gore.  And Kaep showed he can get it done through the air as well.  I think Niners win this one, and Jimmy looks like a genius for the switch.  Kaep SB MVP.

Edited by CuRrLy25, 22 January 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#10 CuRrLy25

CuRrLy25

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostWhoopie!, on 22 January 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

We havent had a bye team win in 3 yrs and i think the trend continues.

The Ravens have that magical carpet ride kinda feel to them this yr a la the GMen/Pack in recent yrs.

Ravens,  23, Niners 20 (Akers missing a last second fg to get it to OT)

Well if we want to bring up history, Niners are 5-0 in the SB, and how big to join Pitt and the steel curtain as the only franchises to win 6 Superbowls.  Interesting thought though - Niners have two weeks to possibly tryout a new kicker.  Anyone think that is a viable option?

#11 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Two extremely similar teams, obviously, as the coaches are brothers. Both teams first and foremost have very sound, tough and hard nosed defenses, good and solid protection from their offensive lines and a strong ability to run the football with quality RB's.

It comes down to the QB play. I think Flacco is more ready for this than Kaep. Flacco is inconsistent in the reg season, but sure knows how to take it to another level in the postseason. It will be close but Ravens by less than a TD. Torrey could come up huge on Super Bowl Sunday.

#12 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Kaepernick injured by Ray Lewis

Alex Smith forced to come in with 2 min left ... drives team down the field for game winning fieldgoal ...

Akers nails it off crossbar, bounces in.

SF 3-2, capping off most boring SB in color television history.

#13 sfdevil

sfdevil

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

View Postpredator_05, on 22 January 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

The game they played on Thanksgiving was a massive bore-fest.
on the contrary it was a great game. baltimore and suggs were murdering the Niners oline. Niners defense was a stonewall that Ravens just couldnt penetrate.

alas, no Ladarius Webb and banged up Justin Smith along with Niners losing novelty of their D (and Ravens really not a scary D anymore) will make the offenses much more capable.

Im tired of super bowl the show. give me WAR. last year BAL vs SFO in the superbowl would be war. this year, not so sure.

#14 PhilBinLaden

PhilBinLaden

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

I like the idea of another team with 6 Lombardi trophies to match the Steelers, but I will be plenty happy for Ed Reed and Ray Lewis to take one home and end their marvelous careers on such a high note. Both Offenses should be dynamic, both Defenses will lay the lumber. I see a boring first half of tough defensive plays, but a crazy second half where the last team with the ball will ultimately win it all.
10 Team Standard (Passing TDs 6 pts)
QB - Nick Foles (WW pick up), Matt Ryan
RB - Marshawn Lynch, CJ Spiller (traded T Rich), Shane Vereen (WW pick up)
WR - Vincent Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown, Cecil Shorts (WW pick up)
TE - Jordan Cameron, Martellus Bennett
DEF - Seahawks
K - Greg the Leg

The only game that implores 1% skill 99% luck, and yet that 1% skill is the result of us spending half our days looking at reports and insider info on the web and around the NFL hoping to turn our luck into fantasy gold.

#15 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Kaepernick vs the almight 52 will be interesting.
I can't believe I have to root for Jim Harbaugh, but I like pretty much everything else about the 9ers.

Plus, if they win, I can at least say the Giants beat the SB champs.

#16 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,983 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

View Postrraayy3, on 23 January 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Kaepernick vs the almight 52 will be interesting.
I can't believe I have to root for Jim Harbaugh, but I like pretty much everything else about the 9ers.

Plus, if they win, I can at least say the Giants beat the SB champs.

Haha yeah the Giants beating the Pats last year was a little consolation for losing to them in the NFC Championship.  I mean World Series and SB in the "same year," I want to go to another parade!!
"Any Given Pick Napa" 8-team Non-ppr Keeper League - Custom Scoring *2009, 2012, 2013 Champion*
2014 Keepers (Julio Jones, Josh Gordon)

#17 WesternSociety

WesternSociety

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostPhilBinLaden, on 23 January 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

I like the idea of another team with 6 Lombardi trophies to match the Steelers, but I will be plenty happy for Ed Reed and Ray Lewis to take one home and end their marvelous careers on such a high note. Both Offenses should be dynamic, both Defenses will lay the lumber. I see a boring first half of tough defensive plays, but a crazy second half where the last team with the ball will ultimately win it all.
Me too, except I see the 9ers with the ball last, and have a mid range FG and Akers shenks it!  He has lost all his confidence and missed an easy 38 yarder last week.

#18 WesternSociety

WesternSociety

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Do you guys think there will be any interesting special team plays?  Like the saints onside kick a few years ago?  I didn't watch either team a whole lot during the regular season so not sure if they pulled any rabbits out of their hats.  Plus if I was a Harbaugh I would definitely try one of these because if it worked I would be able to rub it in my brothers face for life, and tell the grandchildren about it!!!

#19 Go Texans Go

Go Texans Go

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,228 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Really pumped for this game. I think SF wins but will be close. Flacco has been great these playoffs and will continue but Kaepernick will prove to be to much!
Big Sports fan, and love the Rockets, Texans, and Astros!

Check out my blog at: www.yoniandyoni.wordpress.com (Check it out for my SB preview!)

If you have any questions or comments you can email me @yapollak@yahoo.com or follow me @YoniPollak

#20 Pooskay

Pooskay

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

my biased pick says 49ers in a close one with the score in the high 20's

my objective pick says toss-up.....if the niners were playing def like they're truly capable of playing, then i'd have more confidence picking them..