This is our 4th season in our current format and right now we have 9 very active owners from throughout the country who participate the entire season and are committed long-term. We just purged a couple owners for sub-par participation. This league dates to 2001, which is when I helped create the league, and a couple years ago we restarted our rosters from scratch. It’s a very stable league and our commissioner is a strong, fair and decisive commissioner that makes sure the league runs smoothly.
Here are a few details about the league:
- 25 man Major League roster (15 active positions, 10 bench), 10 man Minor League roster;
- 8 Major League keepers per year. Minor leaguers that reach the majors get 4 free years before being considered a keeper, so each roster is comprised of 8 ML + minor leaguers who made the majors;
- 3 annual drafts: February is a minor league draft, March is the Major League draft, and in June we draft the new players from the real MLB amateur draft;
- 5X5 standard scoring;
- $100/yr dues, top 3 finish in the money;
- New owners will receive a supplemental MLB draft pick between the 1st two rounds.
Let me know what you think, and we can discuss details further. Our minor league draft is in February and once we vet the interested team owners it’s 1st come 1st served with the available rosters... Our main focus though is trying to add solid, active owners to go along with the 9 we have... and not have to worry about much change moving forward.
Edited by Popcorn Light, 22 January 2013 - 08:04 PM.