10 replies to this topic

#1 diablo

diablo

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Hello Rotoworld members! As noted above I am starting up a new League with IDPs somewhat modeled after my two existing Leagues run through MFL (2012 sites for the Premier League -  http://www7.myfantas...12/home/20240#0 and the Elite League - http://www15.myfanta...12/home/12030#0 ).

I echo the concerns some have over new members posting about available League positions.  I've run the Premier League since 1995 and the Elite League since 2001. I am new to the Rotoworld but have been a "member" at Football Guys for a long time. I'm not much of a poster simply because I don't have a lot of time to devote to message boards. I do like to lurk though!

My current Leagues are nearly full (let me know if you are interested in them). The Champions League represents a new challenge for me as Commissioner since I've never run a League with IDPs. I've found over the years that I enjoy running the Leagues more than playing in them. In the existing Leagues we switched to League Safe to hold all funds and this has worked out well.

I hope the above alleviates any concerns about this "new poster" soliciting for owners in a new League. I just know the Huddle is a popular place with FF'ers and so that's why I'm here. Below are some bullet points about the new League I'm starting up:

1. 16 teams organized into two(2) eight-team conferences further subdivided into two (2) four-team divisions.
2. Head-to-head style of play over a thirteen-week regular season with a total of 16 games.
3. Championship playoff bracket and consolation playoff bracket.
4. Team salary caps, player salaries and contracts.
5. Email-driven auction-style draft each year and weekly blind bidding free agency.
6. Traditional offensive player positions and individual defensive players with flex lineup option.
7. Performance style scoring.
8. Franchise or “keeper” players held over for the following season for each team. (This is NOT a dynasty league.)

We're looking at an entry fee of $55 with a first place payout of $300. Several positions are claimed by owners from my two existing leagues but I have at least five openings.

If you are interested please contact me. I have a dummy site up for the 2012 season so you can see how player stats looked using the scoring system.

Hope to hear from some of you soon!

#2 diablo

diablo

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Update for any interested lurkers....we still have three spots available in this startup league. Please email me if you have questions or are interested in joining the league.

Thanks!

#3 diablo

diablo

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Update: openings still available. Plenty of views but little interest, I see. If you have questions, let me know!

#4 CruzinToVictory

CruzinToVictory

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Very interested! I don't see the full by laws, but this sounds exactly like what I'm looking for if there are spots left...

#5 CruzinToVictory

CruzinToVictory

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

If you don't mind, can to make send me the details at hourigan.brian@gmail.com?

#6 diablo

diablo

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Bump....sort of.

The Champions League was ready to start drafting TODAY until I had to suspend operations because AT LEAST THREE owners bowed out. I've run Leagues for 15 years and I've never experienced this sort of exodus so close to the beginning of the season (or the draft). I'm confident based on my communication with those owners that the reasons for leaving were personal and NOT related to the League.

So I am once again fielding interest from the community at large. As I said above, I have three openings as of right now. The information in my original post remains accurate. Right now I am targeting mid-June to start the email auction draft so time is of the essence.

Please contact me if you are interested in the Champions League!

#7 diablo

diablo

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Still have one opening in the Champions League. Information above. Contact me if you have any questions. Thanks!

#8 lawilt

lawilt

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'm interested. email me at manramforpresident@gmail.com
16 Team Dynasty/Keeper League(8 Keepers)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, RB/WR, TE, DEF, K, 7 Bench spots
QB: Ben Roethlisbeger, Kirk Cousins
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Andre Ellington, Christine Michael, V Ballard, Latavius Murray, Jordan Todman, Edwin Baker
WR: Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Greg Jennings, Aldrick Robinson, Jeremy Kerley
TE: Jimmy Graham
Def: Seahwaks
K:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12 Team Dynasty League
QB and any 9 combination of RB, WR, TE
QB: Romo, Alex Smith
RB: Jamal Charles, Forte, Andre Ellington, DeAngelo, Kenjon Barner, Edwin Baker, Shonn Greene, Rashad Jennings
WR: Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Hakeem Nicks, James Jones, Andre Holmes, Lance Moore, Aldrick Robinson
TE: Dennis Pitta, Brent Celek, Fasano
Def: Browns, Rams

#9 diablo

diablo

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

An update for 2014 in the Champions League...

Our inaugural season went well and we return 12 of 16 owners for the 2014 campaign. Of the four owners departing, one left due to personal reasons, another because of FF "overload", and the other two because of presumed disinterest. Considering this was a brand-new League with a new format I'd consider this a success. But now I need to replace those owners. Since we have a slow-email bid-type draft, there are no missing draft picks to worry about. Simply take a look at the rosters of the Swamp Foxes, Cowboy Killa's, Wildfire, and Brigade 2506 to see what you're getting into. The updated rulebook is posted on the web site as well. Just look under the "links"-->"league links" sections on the top menu bar. The website is here: http://football13.my...14/home/22624#0

Contact me directly if interested or if you have additional questions. Thanks for the time.

tbaker96@gmail.com

#10 diablo

diablo

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

Some updated information.

The Champions League will observe a May 21, 2014 deadline for the selection of franchise players off the 2013 rosters. Our email draft will run from June 1, 2014 through August 1, 2014.

Not much time and I still have four openings. Contact me if interested. Email address in the previous post. Thanks!

#11 diablo

diablo

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

To those who at least looked at the League, thanks. We are now filled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users