Startup League with IDPs: the Champions League
Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:03 PM
I echo the concerns some have over new members posting about available League positions. I've run the Premier League since 1995 and the Elite League since 2001. I am new to the Rotoworld but have been a "member" at Football Guys for a long time. I'm not much of a poster simply because I don't have a lot of time to devote to message boards. I do like to lurk though!
My current Leagues are nearly full (let me know if you are interested in them). The Champions League represents a new challenge for me as Commissioner since I've never run a League with IDPs. I've found over the years that I enjoy running the Leagues more than playing in them. In the existing Leagues we switched to League Safe to hold all funds and this has worked out well.
I hope the above alleviates any concerns about this "new poster" soliciting for owners in a new League. I just know the Huddle is a popular place with FF'ers and so that's why I'm here. Below are some bullet points about the new League I'm starting up:
1. 16 teams organized into two(2) eight-team conferences further subdivided into two (2) four-team divisions.
2. Head-to-head style of play over a thirteen-week regular season with a total of 16 games.
3. Championship playoff bracket and consolation playoff bracket.
4. Team salary caps, player salaries and contracts.
5. Email-driven auction-style draft each year and weekly blind bidding free agency.
6. Traditional offensive player positions and individual defensive players with flex lineup option.
7. Performance style scoring.
8. Franchise or “keeper” players held over for the following season for each team. (This is NOT a dynasty league.)
We're looking at an entry fee of $55 with a first place payout of $300. Several positions are claimed by owners from my two existing leagues but I have at least five openings.
If you are interested please contact me. I have a dummy site up for the 2012 season so you can see how player stats looked using the scoring system.
Hope to hear from some of you soon!
Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:00 PM
Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:13 PM
Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:04 PM
Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:08 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users