Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Dynasty Deal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 avswsop91

avswsop91

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

12 Team Dynasty, Head-to-Head Category League (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, Util, 7 P) (6x6 league (QS & OPS))

I Give: Jason Heyward, Danny Hultzen and James McDonald
I Get: Stephen Strasburg and Max Scherzer

My Roster:
C – Willin Rosario, Travis d'Arnaud
1B – Eric Hosmer, Anthony Rizzo
2B – Ben Zobrist
3B – Evan Longori, Mike Olt
SS – Hanley Ramirez
OF –Curtis Granderson, Jay Bruce, Jason Heyward, Corey Hart, Shane Victorino
SP – Cliff Lee, R.A. Dickey, Mat Latos, James McDonald, Jeff Samardzija, Jonathon Niese, Brett Anderson, Tyler Skaggs, Danny Hultzen, Jake Odorizzi, Zack Wheeler, Jacob Turner

I'm losing my best OF in Heyward which really weaken my OF. But I'm getting a top end SP in Stras which will be the Ace of my staff for seasons to come. I make my pitching staff a lot stronger but weaken my offense. Should I make this deal?
12 Team Dynasty, Head-to-Head Category League (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, Util, 7 P)
6x6 Each Categories (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, K, QS, W, SV, ERA, WHIP)
1st Place in Regular Season - In 2 week playoff (5-5-2 after one week)

My Roster:
C – Travis d'Arnaud
1B – Edwin Encarnacion
2B – Neil Walker
3B – Evan Longoria

SS – Dee Gordon
OF – Jacoby Ellsbury, Yoenis Cespedes, Kole Calhoun

UTIL - Todd Frazier
Bench - Mookie Betts, Giancarlo Stanton
SP – Stephen Strasburg, Madison Bumgarner, Sonny Gray, Alex Cobb, Jake Arrieta, Jacob deGrom,
Mike Fiers, Carlos Carrasco, [Streamer], [Streamer]
RP - Aroldis Chapman, David Robertson, Zach Britton, Dellin Betances

Prospects: N/A
DL - Paul Goldschmidt

#2 Irishman2495

Irishman2495

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

depends if there is a SP limit... if there is not i would say accept because you would dominate Wins and K's but say if your limit is 7 starts a week... then you might have to pass because with the injury to corey hart you will have to start shane victorino now and i think you can do much better in a 12 team league... also its a dynasty which Hultzen is probably the best lefty pitching prospect

id say pass on the deal

help me?

http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=334648

Edited by Irishman2495, 25 January 2013 - 10:34 AM.

20 Team Dynasty 21-1 finished the season and WON THE TITLE
C-Lucroy
1st-Allen Craig
2nd-Murphy
3rd-Headley
SS-Tulo
OF-Yelich,Trout,Hunter
DH-Ortiz

Scherzer
Bailey
Kuroda
Cashner
Bucholtz
Holland
Parnell
Smyly
Cecil
Estrada
Archie Bradley, Eduardo Rodriguez, Henery Owens, Mason Williams, Enny Romero

#3 The Sarge

The Sarge

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for the advice on mine.

I was flip-flopping on this. Yes, you'd have a dynamic pitching staff with Strasburg, Dickey, Lee, Latos, Scherzer, and company, and the majority of it is fairly young. You'd be giving up a top pitching prospect in Hultzen to do it, and I feel like while McDonald is serviceable, he fails in comparison to most of your staff.

The big loss is Heyward. Obviously you'd have an open spot, but as the above mentioned, you'd be starting Victorino with Hart injured. If you feel that you can get by with Bruce/Granderson/Victorino until either a) you get a deal for an OF or b ) Hart comes back, I might say yes to the deal.You've still got a lot of young prospect arms that moving Hultzen wouldn't hurt you.

Maybe try trading Dickey or Lee for an OF? You'd still be pretty strong SP wise without one of them.

Edited by The Sarge, 25 January 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#4 astarlist

astarlist

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Getting Stras in a dynasty league for Heyward is absolutely acceptable and honestly this is kind of a steal for you IMO
12 team dynasty h2h points league
C C. Santana
1b Trumbo
2b Kipnis, Prado
ss Bogaerts
3b Zimmerman
MI Rutledge
CI Sandoval
OF Choo, Gardner, Fowler, M. Brantley
Util Belt,
BN G. Polanco, Buxton

P Minor, Moore, Salazar, Kennedy, Archer, Yordano, Z. Wheeler, Erasmo Ramirez, T. Walker, Duffy, Bundy, Heaney

#5 TheRick

TheRick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

I'd rather keep Heyward with the way your team is built. Pitching doesn't seem like an issue.

#6 JOBOOZ0S0

JOBOOZ0S0

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Stephen Strasburg = best player, by far

I do that deal even without Scherzer.
FantasyLeagueGM.com is the ultimate Free Fantasy Football and Baseball Aggregator for Player News, Articles, Strategies, Advice, Sleepers, Rankings, Prospects, and Twitter

#7 germani40

germani40

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I usually dont want to give a hitter for a pitcher but getting Stras in a dyno is hard to pass up on. Id do the deal

http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=334867

#8 2ndCitySox

2ndCitySox

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Wow, that is a great offer.

I think you are getting more value from the Stras/Max side. I'd take the plunge
All-Icon Team:
C- Carlton Fisk
1B- Frank Thomas
2B- Ryne Sandberg
SS- Ozzie Smith
3B- Wade Boggs
CF- Rickey
LF- Kirk Gibson
RF- Chili Davis
DH- Eddie Murray

SP- Nolan Ryan
SP- Orel Herschiser
SP- Greg Maddux
SP- Roger Clemens
SP- BlackJack McDowell

RP- Eck

#9 PepperPot

PepperPot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

12 Team Dynasty, Head-to-Head Category League (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, Util, 7 P) (6x6 league (QS & OPS))

I Give: Jason Heyward, Danny Hultzen and James McDonald
I Get: Stephen Strasburg and Max Scherzer

My Roster:
C – Willin Rosario, Travis d'Arnaud
1B – Eric Hosmer, Anthony Rizzo
2B – Ben Zobrist
3B – Evan Longori, Mike Olt
SS – Hanley Ramirez
OF –Curtis Granderson, Jay Bruce, Jason Heyward, Corey Hart, Shane Victorino
SP – Cliff Lee, R.A. Dickey, Mat Latos, James McDonald, Jeff Samardzija, Jonathon Niese, Brett Anderson, Tyler Skaggs, Danny Hultzen, Jake Odorizzi, Zack Wheeler, Jacob Turner

I'm losing my best OF in Heyward which really weaken my OF. But I'm getting a top end SP in Stras which will be the Ace of my staff for seasons to come. I make my pitching staff a lot stronger but weaken my offense. Should I make this deal?

I am in the middle ground here. I am okay with the deal because you are getting the best player in the deal and Scherzer is a nice pitching to have as well. Giving up MacDonald and Hultzen should barely be an issue with your team and the amount of young pitching that you have. But the big issue here is that you are giving up Heyward, because after Heyward your outfield is very thin, in my opinion. Especially when you couple it with the fact that Hart is going to miss a good chunk of the season. Plus when you look at that long term, Bruce is going to be your only viable option in a few years. I am scared of Granderson with his strikeout rate going up every year since 08 and Victorino is getting up there in age as well.

So my advice if you do make the trade (and what 2ndCity said is true, you are getting more value in making the deal), is that you should look into trading one of your pitchers (Dickey or Latos) along with one of your backup corners (Rizzo or Olt) and trade for a young outfielder. The trade shouldn't hurt your outfield situation too much for this year even with Hart hurting, because Victorino should be worthy of OF3 spot for this year at least.
14 Team PPR Dynasty Keeper League

Starters

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Gio Bernard & DeMarco Murray
WR: Randall Cobb, A.J. Green & Julio Jones
TE: Dennis Pitta
DEF: Patriots
K: Adam Vinatieri

Bench

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw, Bryce Brown, Devonta Freeman, Fred Jackson, Christine Michael, Lache Seastrunk & C.J. Spiller
WR: Davante Adams, Aaron Dobson, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter & Cody Latimer
TE: Kyle Rudolph & Luke Wilson

#10 Ben Edelman

Ben Edelman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'm still a TINSTAAPP believer, so I would say Heyward = Strasburg. A top-20 hitter for a top-5 pitcher is pretty reasonable. I like Scherzer over McDonald and Hultzen, so the deal tilts in your favor.

But your OF is totally hosed with this move. I would say make the offer without Strasburg and Heyward. The other guy will probably jump at the chance. Meanwhile, you will have just massively upgraded your SP at the cost of a pitching prospect in Hultzen. Oh wait, I just said TINSTAAPP.

Hultzen and J-Mac for Scherzer. Do that.
FRBRL 1995-present. 12-team 4x4 Roto auction keeper, NL-only.
C: Mesoraco, Nieves
1/3: Lamb, Frandsen, Rendon
2/S: Alcantara, Weeks, Segura
O/U: Yelich, M. Taylor, Harper, Maybin, Bourjos, McKenry
SP: none
RP: Clippard, N. Ramirez, Mejia, Fujikawa, Rondon, Quackenbush, Morris, Ottavino, C. Martinez, League
Min: Bryant, JP Crawford, Piscotty, K. Parker, T. Sanchez, R. Montero, Erlin, Hahn
DL: Kelly, T Jordan, Quentin, Capps, Morton, C. Ross, Tulowitzki, Souza,
Yeah, I'm dumping this year.

#11 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

This being a dynasty league, you are trading for the future if you do this deal. You would have to accept that winning now may not be an option. Assuming you have the excruciating amount of patience it takes to truly build a dynasty, I would recommend making this trade. Then I'd load up on all the OF talent available. I'd trade Dickey for an OF while his value is at its peak, because he doesn't fit this youth movement you are leading. Your patience could certainly be rewarded in a year or two, but to thyself be true, can you handle it? If that answer is yes then jump in with both feet and pull off this pitching coup. Good luck!
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park