Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Least keepable

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Bandito

Bandito

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,731 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Looking to move one (or more) of these guys. How do you rank them for next year. Is MJD most expendable because of his overall team and milage?

Leave a link!
12 team PPR, deep keeper, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1flex ---> RE-BUILDING
Currently 4-9 (double headers)

QB- Rodgers
RB- RJennings, Ingram, Spiller, TRich, Hyde, AWilliams, Cunningham
WR- Maclin, Cooks, Quick, JMatthews, Fitzgerald, Royal
TE- Amaro
D- 49ers

#2 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

MJD is your most consistent RB when he's healthy. I doubt you'd get fair value for him ...

I would trade Rodgers. A guy like Kaepernick will thrive in your scoring system and 1/40 yards passing; 4/TD isn't too friendly for even "elite" QBs.

Start Kaepernick, get another stud with Rodgers. I love Rodgers, but you're scoring kinda limits him and he's the only keeper you have that will get you another stud in return.

I doubt you get fair value for mjd/mcfadden/fitz ... maybe you can package wallace in a deal for a better RB? I'd move Rodgers because I love Kaepernick and Rodgers will definitely get you a good return.

#3 Travis C.

Travis C.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

I really like ray's idea on this... Package Rodgers with any one of your other keepers for a top RB/WR.

Thanks for mine :)

Edited by Travis C., 27 January 2013 - 01:32 PM.

12 team - 3 Keeper - Non-PPR - Return Yardage
QB: Rodgers WR: Demaryius, Julio, Watkins  RB: Gio, Lacy TE: Julius
Bench: Cousins, Hill, Starks, Wright, Roberts, Quick, Storm, Evans, A.Williams

#4 Bandito

Bandito

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 23,731 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I'm early in negotiating, but I can probably get Spiller for Fitz + one of these RBs. It seems steep to me, but all early stuff I see for 2013 shows Spiller as a borderline-first round guy. If that's so, it would probably be worth it. Ironically, both guys I'd give up would be bench-warmers on the other team.

I'm also inquiring about Alf Morris. He may actually be gettable.

QB- Rodgers
TE- Amaro
D- 49ers

#5 Rush2112

Rush2112

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 57,885 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Try and move Rodgers + Wallace first for a RB/WR combo in return. Hang onto Kaep with that league's scoring system. It makes Colin even more valuable already.

#6 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Rodgers, MJD and Wallace (depending on where he goes) are the ones that immediately scream to be kept.

I woudn't move MJD or Wallace, namely, but could see getting very solid pieces for Rodgers especially when considering the QB scoring.

I'd do Fitz and DMC/CJ1K for Spiller...probably Fitz and DMC, at least CJ doesn't get significant injuries every year. Can you get a serviceable WR in return as well? also, I love Hilton and Broyles to emerge next year. I've got money on at least one of those guys coming out as starting material next year.

Also could you do a DMC and Fitz for a Decker or a Cruz? might be wishful thinking, maybe not that high-end of a fantasy WR, but getting a much more solid high-end WR2 for Fitz and DMC is something I would think about.

Help here? http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=335618

#7 mpbaseball22

mpbaseball22

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

I would look to deal Wallace.. Maybe if he lands on a team that can utilize him better he will be more valuable.. but I never liked watching him play for Pittsburgh.

Your QB situation is a good one to have. You could probably deal Kaepernick for a pretty nice return

Sorry for getting back to you so late
16 Team Dynasty with Milb rosters (40 man mlb, 35 man milb) 15 start limit, points league
McCatchin Trout
C: Posey
1B: Lind
2B: Kipnis
3B: Lamb
SS: Asdrubal
IF: Hardy
OF: McCutchen, Trout, Beltran, Harrison
U: Gattis, Alvarez, Moustakas
Bench: Ruf, Escobar, Sizemore, Grossman, Dietrich

SP: Zimmerman, Kazmir, Cashner, deGrom, Holland, Simon, Kennedy, Duffy, Morton, Hutchison, McCarthy, Carrasco, Volquez, Miguel Gonzalez, Feldman, Wada, Capuano
RP: Holland, Rosenthal, Melancon, Doolittle, Ramos, Morris, Cecil, Giles
Prospects (35 man rosters):
Bundy, Dahl, Schwarber, Carson Sands, Gillaspie, Medeiros, Luis Ortiz, Miguel A Gonzalez, Cameron Varga, Lorenzen, Lugo, Franmil Reyes, Chase Vallot, Adalberto Mejia, Mella, Heredia, Mike Montgomery, Joan Gregorio, Wendle, Jefry Rodriguez, Vaugh Bryan, Palka, Kevin Franklin, Juan De Leon, Willy Adames, Slegers, Hockin, Max George, Hentges, DeCarr, Tyler DeLoach, Josh Prevost, Amaurys Minier, Yu-Cheng Chang

#8 Bandito

Bandito

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 23,731 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'd do Fitz and DMC/CJ1K for Spiller...probably Fitz and DMC, at least CJ doesn't get significant injuries every year. Can you get a serviceable WR in return as well?

I've been offered Spiller/Maclin for Fitz/MJD, though I could probably sub in either of MJD or DMC in place of MJD. Or Spiller and his 12.1 pick. I could probably wheel and deal for more picks also. They way our keepers work, he'll essentially be sacrificing his first four rounds of the draft for keepers. I could maybe deal my mid-rounders for his early-rounders, or something along those lines.

QB- Rodgers
TE- Amaro
D- 49ers

#9 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Yeah I'd do Spiller/Maclin for DMC/Fitz in a heartbeat. No way I include MJD in there though. He's by far your best RB, he needs to stay on your roster.

#10 bacon6966

bacon6966

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Guess I'm the only one that thinks DMC is a for sure keeper here. Sure, injury prone but if he can stay healthy he should be able to do great things under Olson. Out with the terrrible zone blocking scheme and in with the power blocking. Would have to say MJD is your most expendable back here, especially with the fact he's coming off an injury.

#11 green

green

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

It would be pretty bad idea to trade for CJ Spiller right now without getting a huge discount imo. You could offer one of those guys for CJ Spiller straight up, but no way am I adding in Fitzgerald. Most signs I've seen point to a timeshare again next year which likely makes Spiller a low end RB2 and worse than any of the RBs you'd be giving up (of course he does still have his upside if FJax goes down, but can't count on that happening for sure).

Rotoworld always WAAAY overhypes guys with potential. Opportunity means more. Don't fall for the Spiller hype before the opportunity (no-timeshare) is there.

#12 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

F-Jax was good and well into the picture last year, and didn't keep CJ from being a clear-cut RB1, especially when he got the clear starting gig the 2nd half of the season. F-Jax going down is a mere plus to elite RB1 instead of a clear-cut RB1. A clear-cut RB1 with easily elite upside, not a ton to complain about there. and F-Jax is like 32 by now.

And out of MJD, DMC and CJ?K, I still believe DMC is the least appealing. As stated above DMC "should be able to do great things"...this has been the story of DMC's NFL career. He constantly should have been able to do great things, but there has always been something, if significant injuries time and time again isn't enough, that gets in his way. Sure DMC should be great next year, of course, but it's gotten to the point where it would be foolish to count on that for fantasy owners. CJ is right there with DMC but give me the guy who's done it, who actually didn't get hurt and played a full season, and looked good for the second half of it, before the guy who's in the black hole of fantasy on a bad offense and can't stay healthy. You can hope OAK changes scheme, yet again, to actually be successful at finding DMC a good fit and making him succeed, but it's at the point where everyone including fantasy owners should only hope...depending on this or betting money on this for your fantasy roster isn't smart.

#13 green

green

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

edit: nvm didn't see this was PPR at first. CJ is a RB1 in PPR, but he's a RB2 with FJax there in non-PPR.

Here's the stats if anybody is interested anyways.

Games where FJax didn't play the whole game:
CJ Spiller AVG Total Yards = 112.11 ; CJ Spiller Avg Total TDs = 0.67
If whole season = 1794 yards and 11 TDs

Games where FJax played the whole game:
CJ Spiller Avg Total Yards = 86.75 ; CJ Spiller Avg Total TDs = 0.25
If whole season = 1388 yards and 4 TDs

Edited by green, 07 February 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#14 Stiltz

Stiltz

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

I'd wait for early ADP's to come out before deciding anything really. I don't think trading Rodgers is a good idea and I think that DMC may be the most expendable, but only because he can't stay healthy.

#15 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

MJD, CJ3K, DMC - it's real close between MJD and CJ, but DMC is easily 3rd

MJD- this was first season he's ever been injured, could be a sign of things to come but it was a freak injury (watch the tape when he got hurt...any player is going to get injured if you get tackled like that). been a model of consistency despite being the focal point of defenses his entire career. Yes his team is horrible, but when have the Jags ever been that great? Only downside is even if he isn't falling apart considering his mileage, how long until father time catches up with him?

CJ- has been pretty durable with no injury flags. The titans want to run read-option with Locker & are supposedly changing their offensive run system, these changes should be good for him as he doesn't have much room to go down. he holds more value in a PPR league. He's a dyanmic HR threat and you can't teach fast. Plus, his trade value is at an all time low for such a talented RB, so you're doing yourself a disfavor trading him right now. I think he will bounce back in a big way this season.

DMC- So talented, but he is literally an injury waiting to happen and he's only getting older (has he ever played all 16 games?), I know they are changing their run system to benefit his skills, but again the man just can't stay on the field and in a keeper league you want predictable consistency, everything DMC isn't. Even if he stayed healthy next season, do you really think he's going to pull a Fred Jackson and suddenly turn into a dependable back?

I'd easily pull the trigger on Spiller/maclin for fitz/DMC. Fitz is one of the most talented WRs in the NFL but even he can't
overcome his QB situation. Only question mark with spiller is since he's a smaller back can he stay healthy? but DMC is by far a bigger injury risk than spiller, and geeeze is spiller good when healthy.

If you haven't made the trade already I'd consider moving Wallace, everyone seems to LOVE him- i think hes good but severely overvalued and who knows what team he ends up on....right now rotoworld is saying browns and last time i checked i don't even know if Weeden or McCoy can throw the ball that far.

You have the current best QB in fantasy & the best new mobile style QB prospect (RG3's knee questions puts him behind Kaep in my book). If it were a single season league it would be obvious to trade one of them, but in a dynasty league they both hold high value and you need to figure out how good Kaep really is. He doesn't have much downside and is only getting better, considering your leagues scoring he could be a beast with his rushing TDs, even better than Rodgers. It's hard to be patient but you don't want to be kicking yourself for the next few years because you shipped Rodgers and are looking for a QB cause Kaep doesn't pan out or if you traded Kaep now and he blows up (if you can't tell, I really like both of those QBs). However if someone offers you a top teir RB or WR or you feel like you have to trade one of them, i wouldn't be opposed to trading Kaep now as his value is based on "what if" vs Rodgers who we know is the real deal. Hope this helps you out.

#16 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

edit: nvm didn't see this was PPR at first. CJ is a RB1 in PPR, but he's a RB2 with FJax there in non-PPR.

Here's the stats if anybody is interested anyways.

Games where FJax didn't play the whole game:
CJ Spiller AVG Total Yards = 112.11 ; CJ Spiller Avg Total TDs = 0.67
If whole season = 1794 yards and 11 TDs

Games where FJax played the whole game:
CJ Spiller Avg Total Yards = 86.75 ; CJ Spiller Avg Total TDs = 0.25
If whole season = 1388 yards and 4 TDs

In no world is Spiller an RB2. In PPR, he's elite, in non-PPR he a mere surefire RB1. Sure you can extrapolate the games he played with F-Jax but you're not taking into account that this offense will evolve next year, and Spiller will be more in the driver's seat as the clear cut starting RB in BUF. This will be a two-back system no doubt much like 90% of NFL running games, but it's clear Marrone loves to feature RB's, and when it comes to being featured it's all Spiller. The fact that he'll at LEAST get you double-digit fantasy pts worth of yardage any and every week is enough to call him an RB1 in any format. If I had a later 1st round pick in my 12-teamer, I'll shoe him in as my RB1 anyday.

#17 slaughterrt

slaughterrt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I agree with Ribo in that I would try to keep both QBs. I would do the Spiller/Maclin trade...especially if you could sub in DMC for MJD. Personally I am not a fan of DMC because he has sooo much potential but cannot stay healthy. The story of his career. My RB rank would be MJD then CJ0K then DMC.
10 Team IDP Dynasty League (non ppr)
QB Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson
RB Alfred Morris, Daryl Richardson, Danny Woodhead, Joique Bell
WR James Jones, Antonio Brown, Eric Decker, Percy Harvin, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon, Danny Amendola
TE Aaron Hernandez, Kyle Rudolph
LB Daryl Washington, Wesley Woodyard, Mason Foster
DL J.J. Watt, Michael Johnson
DB Harrison Smith, Janoris Jenkins, Tim Jennings
K Blair Walsh

14 Team PPR Dynasty
QB Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, Tim Tebow
RB LeSean McCoy, Adrian Peterson, Mikel Leshoure, Daryl Richardson, Bilal Powell
WR Randall Cobb, Victor Cruz, Miles Austin, Hakeem Nicks, Rod Streater, Julian Edelman
TE Aaron Hernandez, Dwayne Allen
DL Haloti Ngata, Julius Peppers, Carlos Dunlap, Matt Shaughnessy, CJ Mosley
LB James Laurinaitis, Chase Blackburn, Anthony Spencer, Perry Riley, Jameel Mcclain
DB Casey Hayward, Patrick Peterson, Morgan Burnett, Craig Dahl, Stephon Gilmore, Tavon Wilson
K Justin Tucker, Bal K

#18 italyjg21

italyjg21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

I might be too late but if I'm not.. I would do the spiller/maclin for fitz/dmc. I wouldn't do it for MJD. I know he's due for a decline year, and coming off a major injury that's scary. But he's one of the most consistent backs in the league, and he's a work horse. I see him coming back even stronger because of his mindset. I think he can be a top 5 back next year easily. Yeah, he's on a crap team but that's why he'll continue to get his reps. They will obviously try to fix the QB situation next year, and it won't be good enough to take reps away from him, but I think it could be enough to where they will stack 6 men instead of 8 :P. I don't think DMC is worth the hassle anymore with all of his injuries, despite his talent.

Sorry for the delayed response, I first read my topic at work on my phone and totally forgot that you linked.

#19 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Guess I'm the only one that thinks DMC is a for sure keeper here. Sure, injury prone but if he can stay healthy he should be able to do great things under Olson. Out with the terrrible zone blocking scheme and in with the power blocking. Would have to say MJD is your most expendable back here, especially with the fact he's coming off an injury.

DMC....One season with over 700 yards rushing in his career. Avoid.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.