Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Team HelpAssesment and waiver wire suggestions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pulchritidunous

Pulchritidunous

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hi. I'm completely green to hockey and only just started fantasy with some mates over the net. I'm absolutely clueless though and my team is already 6/8. I was wondering if any one can comment on the overall structure of my team and whether or not it should improve its score?

My team and league settings are in my signature.

I have tried to improve the team by waivers but I'm not sure I've been doing good with my picks so I'd appreciate any ww suggestions or even trade targets too.

I'll list a few WW candidates as its a shallow league there's a lot to take

C
Stastny
Briere
Hanzal
Kadri
Bolland
Zajac
Bozak
Berglund
Grabovski

RW
Havlat
Brunner
Hornqvist
Grabner
Kaissian
Read
D.Clarkson
Aucoin

LW
Cloew
Ladd
D.Brown
Kadri
Boedker
Grabner
Steen
Glencross
Sullivan

D
Wisniewski
Subban
Diaz
Tyutin
Fowler
Souray
Robidas
Kostka
Salo
Brewer
Leddy

G
Lindback
Ellis
Bobrovsky
Neuvirth
Harding
Scrivens

Thanks for any help!
ESPN 8-team Weekly H2H Points League.
(G) 3 (A) 2 (PIM) 0.3 (GWG) 1 (FOW) 0.1 (HIT) 0.2 (BLK) 0.2 (PPP) 1 (SHP) 1 | GT: (W) 5 (L) -3 (GA) -1 Saves (SV) 0.2 (SO) 3  

Roster 22 (17 playing) 3C-2RW-2LW-4D-4UTIL-5B-2G-1IR
C - Crosby, Thornton, Carter (RW)
RW - Heatley, Seguin
LW - Nash, Schenn ©
D - Karlsson, Suter, Schultz, Subban
UTIL - van Reimsdyk (C,LW), Doan (RW), D.Brown (LW), Clarkson (RW)
Bench - Yakupov (RW), Hodgson ©, Conacher (LW), Zidlicky (D)
IR - Atkinson (RW)
G - Halak, Pavelec, Lindback

#2 Pulchritidunous

Pulchritidunous

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Ok so I got rid of Myers and Mueller for Clarkson and Brown. Hope that beefs up my forwards

Do you think I need to get rid of Holtby for someone like Bobrovsky? Also is Cam Atkinson someone worth holding onto when he gets back and off the IR?

Edited by Pulchritidunous, 28 January 2013 - 02:03 PM.

(G) 3 (A) 2 (PIM) 0.3 (GWG) 1 (FOW) 0.1 (HIT) 0.2 (BLK) 0.2 (PPP) 1 (SHP) 1 | GT: (W) 5 (L) -3 (GA) -1 Saves (SV) 0.2 (SO) 3  

RW - Heatley, Seguin
LW - Nash, Schenn ©
IR - Atkinson (RW)

#3 hailfire4

hailfire4

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,386 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Cut Zidlicky. Get either Diaz or Wiznewski. I would cut Holtby for Lindback. I don't think Schenn is going to work in Philly in an 8 team league. Dustin Brown or Steen are safer bets. U can also cut Myers for Salo or Souray. As for ur IR slot i wouldnt sweat it too bad either swap him out for another IR guy. Or just leave him on IR when he returns to see how he does.
12 team NBA Dynasty ROTO 9 cat keep 8 up to 14 keepers*
G Rondo*, COnley*, CP3*, Beverly, Gerald Green George Hll
F Kawhi*, Giannis*, Jeremy Lamb, Jeff Green, Farried*
C  Love*, Noah*, Blake Griffin*

MLB 12 team Roto 6X6 Holds + OPS. 1500 IP max, 12-16 keepers 100 bux
C- Santana, 1B TFrazier, MI, Odor, SS, AlexeiRam 3B, NCastellanos CI Headley, 2B Matt Carp
CF Harper, RF Bautista, LF Avisail, OF Trumbo , Util, Gyorko, Wong

SP Geritt Cole, Klubler, Hamels, Liriano, Porcello
RP Casilla, Cishek, Petricka, Bettances, Jake McGee, amiller
BN Betts, Craig  DL Myers DL RZimmerman, NA Addison Russell

#4 klassic

klassic

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

If Subban is still out there pick him up.  He just signed a contract.

#5 Pulchritidunous

Pulchritidunous

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

Thanks klassic, he just came off the waiver wire. Chose to swap him for Carle and keep Zidlicky as Carle's points despite TB's winning streak are crap.

Also appreciated hailfire. I decided to do

Clarkson/Brown/Lindback in for Mueller/Myers/Holtby. Signature now updated with italics players the new ones this week.

So far so good, 2 trades in performed and only 1 trade out did anything (Mueller). Subban in makes it 4/5 waiver aquistions already this week, so may wait it out now to see what happens.

Right now the underperformers for the team are Schenn, Seguin, Suter, Yakupov. Nail's hitting some form but the other 3 should bounce back and certainly not getting rid of Suter or Seguin. Schenn I'm holding out for because out of the out of form Flyers he is in best position to bounce back I reckon.

Next waiver aquisition targets are likely to be out of Tyutin, Ladd, Kadri. Kaissian

And Bob is just haunting me at the moment. Bench is 5 strong. I have 1 G there and I like a D there too for rotation and have the rest on bench and utils as forwards, trying to aquire the best possible to rotate through, the likes of Seguin.Yakupov.Conchar, Hodgson, Clarkson etc.

Not sure how worth it would be to have 4 goalies. It was something I've pondered since releasing Holtby.

What do you guys think?

RW - Heatley, Seguin
LW - Nash, Schenn ©
IR - Atkinson (RW)

#6 jim09222

jim09222

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Thanks for the help on mine.  I saw in another post you made that you're a Flyers fan and I noticed that you have Crosby on your team?  Lol I had to get that in there as a Pens fan.

Looking over your team and your league's scoring settings I would say that having 4 goalies could be an idea you should entertain.  In any fantasy hockey league Goalies are the most important position in my opinion.  They normally contribute in 40 - 50% of any leagues scoring.  I believe that having good goaltending normally means that you have a shot at making the playoffs or winning the whole thing.  Also, normally I only carry 3 defensemen on my team at any one point.  They really don't contribute that much from a fantasy standpoint.  However, my league doesn't have Hits or Blocked Shots as a stat categories, but they are only worth .2 and .1, respectively.  Therefore, I would drop down to at least 4 defensemen and get rid of Zidlicky for another goalie or forward.

The only other guy on your team that I would consider dropping at this time would be Schenn, but I would still wait on them to see if he can turn it around.

#7 Pulchritidunous

Pulchritidunous

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

View Postjim09222, on 30 January 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Thanks for the help on mine.  I saw in another post you made that you're a Flyers fan and I noticed that you have Crosby on your team?  Lol I had to get that in there as a Pens fan.

I hate drafiting third :( At least I can say it was me putting the mockers on him if he keeps this slow start up. :D

View Postjim09222, on 30 January 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Looking over your team and your league's scoring settings I would say that having 4 goalies could be an idea you should entertain.  In any fantasy hockey league Goalies are the most important position in my opinion.  They normally contribute in 40 - 50% of any leagues scoring.  I believe that having good goaltending normally means that you have a shot at making the playoffs or winning the whole thing.  Also, normally I only carry 3 defensemen on my team at any one point.  They really don't contribute that much from a fantasy standpoint.  However, my league doesn't have Hits or Blocked Shots as a stat categories, but they are only worth .2 and .1, respectively.  Therefore, I would drop down to at least 4 defensemen and get rid of Zidlicky for another goalie or forward.

The only other guy on your team that I would consider dropping at this time would be Schenn, but I would still wait on them to see if he can turn it around.

Thanks, I'll certainly consider it. Big blunder was drafting only 2 goalies originally. I had no idea though, so glad I got away with it coming out with a relatively decent team.

RW - Heatley, Seguin
LW - Nash, Schenn ©
IR - Atkinson (RW)