Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Do either trade?---WHIR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 mbick2003

mbick2003

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Team and league info in sig! Looking to upgrade at 3B!
I offered Sandoval and Weaver for Wright and Hellickson (he isn't keeping Hellickson, but I would if this trade went through)
He countered and asked for Rizzo and Weaver for Wright and Hellickson because he could use a 1B. But he didn't reject my offer.
I am a Cubs fan and would like to keep Rizzo, but would you take this deal? I would prefer do to the one I proposed but was looking for opinions, Thanks! WHIR
12 team mixed Roto...Year 3 of a 5 year keeper league! 12 Keepers!

C- Mauer
1B- Posey
2B- Kendrick
3B- Wright
SS- Castro
MI- Hardy
CI- Rizzo
OF- CarGo, Trout, Lake, Brantley, Crisp
U- A. Hill, Middlebrooks (B), Grandy (B), Castellanos (B), Ichiro (B)
P- Strasburg, Kershaw, Fister, Hellickson, Greinke, Colon, Archer, Westbrook, Perkins, Arroyo (B)

#2 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Team and league info in sig! Looking to upgrade at 3B!
I offered Sandoval and Weaver for Wright and Hellickson (he isn't keeping Hellickson, but I would if this trade went through)
He countered and asked for Rizzo and Weaver for Wright and Hellickson because he could use a 1B. But he didn't reject my offer.
I am a Cubs fan and would like to keep Rizzo, but would you take this deal? I would prefer do to the one I proposed but was looking for opinions, Thanks! WHIR

I would do it pretty much without hesitation and you cant have Posey at your 1B in a 12-team 1 catcher league. Having Sandoval at CI is a good thing, makes 3B a little thin in a 12-teamer, but I try to package Perez with someone for an upgrade. I like Hanley and Tulo for major bouncebacks this year, any shot to deal Perez or even Posey and Ackley for one of them?
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#3 Ben Edelman

Ben Edelman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Sandoval >> Rizzo, not even close. .303 career hitter with a .490 SLG in the majors. Rizzo is a career .303 hitter with a .542 SLG in the minors.

Now, if you could make the deal offering Salvador Perez instead of Rizzo, then it's even more obvious.

Since 1995: 12-team 4x4 Roto auction keeper, NL-only. Likely keepers:
C: Mesoraco, xx
1/3: Lamb, Rendon, xx
2/S: Tulo, Alcantara, Segura
O/U: Yelich, Harper, xx, xx, xx, xx
SP: Hahn, Morton, xx, xx, xx
RP: Rondon, Clippard, Mejia, Fujikawa, xx
Min: Bryant, JP Crawford, Piscotty

#4 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

No way would I break up the B.Posey/S.Perez duo, that's two top catchers. I'd try to trade Granderson, if possible. He has the most downside risk, and you already have two 1st rounders in Trout and CarGo. Sandoval for me is a wildcard, his weight is always an issue. When he eats more he hits less. And now he's had an offseason hospital stay with digestive issues. He's got a lot of associated risk right now. It's a keeper league, hang onto talent like Rizzo, his upside is worth it right now.
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park