Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Two Open Spots Remaining For Yahoo H-2-H 10-Team Full-Retention Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League ($50 Entry)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 theyoungfreshone

theyoungfreshone

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Hey guys,

I'm sure you if you're reading this you know that Rotoworld is a great place to find the most up-to-date fantasy news and I would rank it up there with the best, if not the best. So I know that by coming here for my news I strive to get the best analysis from the best writers/reporters. I've recruited here before for my baseball and football leagues and the results were positive each time. So I'm back here recruiting for my fantasy basketball league and I'm optimistic because this site only attracts those who seek information from the best which means that there's a good chance they themselves are among the best.

So, without further ado, I'm going to break down my league, my rules, and the vacant teams available for two lucky and dedicated individuals.

I am the commissioner of a Fantasy Basketball 10-team Head-to-Head Dynasty league known as Big Petes Basketball Dynasty. We are in the midst of our 7th season and with the majority of managers having been in the fold since the inaugural season in 2006, it would burden them (me included) to redraft. So a redraft is out of the question, unfortunately. This is why I'm seeking 2 dedicated individuals who will accept the challenge of inheriting the reigns of the currently vacant squads and bring them up to a more competitive level, thus building upon the existing competitive nature of the league and taking it to new heights. I only want managers who wish to be invested for the long haul and want to see their vision carried out. And when that vision has been fulfilled and maximized I'd like to see them devise and incorporate a new vision even if it means having to rebuild and potentially lose for a while. I don't want people who will jump ship when they have nothing to look forward to. It's your responsibility to create something to look forward to. Obviously something can't be created out of nothing but should you choose to inherit either team you will certainly have some players in place to build around and have something to look forward to so its up to you to be creative in finding ways to improve.

Please keep in mind that you are not obligated in any way to join the league and inherit a team, though if you decide to meet the challenge, and are selected, know that you are doing so out of your own free will. I say this because I'm only looking for ultra competitive managers that will compete at all costs as there may very well be other teams within the league that are more talented than these that are available to you but you need to understand that the other teams have been built by dedicated managers from the ground up for up to 6 1/2 consecutive seasons and have been improving upon them each and every year, all-year-round. So while there are teams that might possess more talent than these, if you are one to throw in the towel because you feel as though you won't be able to compete with those teams, this league is not for you. Instead, I'm seeking managers that will use that as motivation to improve and ultimately fulfill the task of building a dynasty, perhaps not in one fell swoop, of course, because building a dynasty in your image may not materialize overnight but if you have to do so gradually, I need to know that the incoming managers will fully grasp the challenge and remain committed to see it through. It will be all that much more rewarding in the end. Trust me, I know from experience.

I take a very hands-on approach with the league, being active in recruiting managers, collecting payment, providing weekly updates, and evaluating trades. I do have the final say on trades and will veto if I feel one side is receiving more than what they are relinquishing. My logic regarding trades isn't to see who can outdo the other and extract more assets, but rather to see everyone walk away with the same value in their outgoing as well as incoming assets. I know it's nearly impossible to determine a fair 50-50 split down the middle trade but I always do my best in unbiased fashion since I have 9 others to consider, not just myself. And that's why, often times, trades that materialize tend to be favored to one side or another because the managers have their sole interest in mind, regardless of how the other party, or rest of the league might fare as a result of their trade. But I take an active approach to ensure that everyone remains happy and optimistic about their chances and their direction.

So if that, for whatever reason, doesn't sit well with you, I'd like to thank you for looking but I'd advise you to direct your search for a league elsewhere.

I'm looking for 2 quality individuals capable of taking these teams to the next level -- individuals who will maintain a high level of competitiveness and will remain highly active. This isn't being done on a first come, first serve basis, so just because you are first to respond that doesn't necessarily mean you will get a team. But as long as you fit the criteria I'm looking for, then you will get a team. I'm basing this search on quality. And I will take however long I need to find the right fit.

Joining is simple. Just provide your mission statement and previous Fantasy Sports successes and failures (why not?) and of course which team you would like to manage.

The two teams will be referred to as Team C and Team D, respectively.

What you will find below, in red text, for example, is all of Team A's assets, and in blue text all of Team D's assets. In my league, we do use a "D-League" or supplemental roster, where you have 5 spots to divide amongst rookies and sophomores. This was done in an effort to be able to retain your draft picks and evaluate them over two years time until a decision must be made whether or not they are worthy of "graduating" to the active 15-player roster or not. Basically, like the real-life D-League, you are afforded a specific number of demotions for rookies and sophomores. The number for my league is 3 demotions to the D-League during the course of a season, meaning they can occupy an active roster spot a maximum of 4 times during the season. Obviously there will be growing pains with some, if not most, young players given that they lack polish and especially considering most are entering the NBA as freshman nowadays so a lot of "projects" are jumping to the league before they are ready to make an impact. So, therefore, with your incoming two rookies (first and second rounders) if not more, should you decide to acquire additional picks, you will have the option of stashing them on your D-League until they are ready to impact your team. In the meantime, you will not lose the player, contrary to years past, when managers would decide after the draft whether a player was worth holding onto and a slew of draft picks were discarded in the process as a result because it was too premature to opt for the unproven rookie over the established veteran. Having a D-League emphasizes that you will be able to keep your rookies for 2 seasons and evaluate them thoroughly during that time, adding significance and relevance to draft picks, especially if you are one to eagerly obtain picks via trade, you should theoretically be able to see them through to some extent. After two years, when the player is entering their 3rd season, you will have to decide if they have shown you enough to warrant being retained, has enough value to be traded, or should be outright released. The Restricted/Retired/Overseas list refers to players that the team either has who are currently free agents (and not counted toward active roster limit) to allow for flexibility during the season/offseason to maneuver accordingly as 20 active (read: under contract) players are the maximum allowable players you may have at any point in time. So being that those players are not "active" that shouldn't hamper a team's flexibility. You will still be able to retain their rights while they are free agents, but must make a decision to keep or relinquish them once they have signed a new contract (depending on if you agree with the fit or not). Rights to retired players may be retained to protect that team in the event that they decide to make a comeback attempt (a la Brandon Roy). Overseas refers to players are those that have opted to play overseas for a little while (like Kirilenko last season or Childress from a few years ago or even an overseas prospect that you might draft a la Rubio or Valanciunas). You will still retain their rights considering that they likely would've resumed their careers in the NBA and in all likelihood would've been retained by you had they not changed course. So, we have to account for the decisions that players will make since we can only control things on our end. Neither team has any players that can be classified in this category at the moment. However, Team C did just endure a season-ending injury to Rajon Rondo and that is why a Disabled Player Exception was afforded to the team which is only provided when a season-ending injury occurs because it would be unfair to require that team to roster dead weight for the rest of the season when it could be used on a player seeing action so the addition of J.J. Barea to the roster was only done recently, after the news of Rondo's injury as there were really no other rosterable PG's out there, and I admit, he's just barely there himself but it's better than nothing. A decision on Rondo and its effect on the roster won't have to come until he officially hits the court again, which does include pre-season games. So if he manages to make it back and play during the 2013-14 preseason, once he hits the court is when a decision ought to come (because then he will be deemed active once he steps on the court and no longer qualify for a DPE). The decision to be made is whether the manager of Team C wishes to retain him (no brainer, I know, but it has to be said) or not and if yes, who will be the roster casualty as a result. Trades will not be able to be made at that time to create a roster space so any flexibility must be premeditated in anticipation of his return. Once he hits the court, or a free agent signs their new deal a decision has to come before any other roster moves can occur.

Hope that gives you a better perspective about the way things are done.

Here are the depth charts of the 2 currently vacant teams:

Team C's Depth Chart

Point Guard: Russell Westbrook, J.J. Barea, Rodrigue Beaubois
Shooting Guard: Jordan Crawford, J.J. Redick, Marco Belinelli
Small Forward: Nicolas Batum, Rudy Gay, Chandler Parsons, Dorell Wright
Power Forward: Al Horford, Ersan Ilyasova, Luis Scola
Center: Nene Hilario, Spencer Hawes

D-League
Derrick Williams
Jimmer Fredette
Alec Burks
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Terrence Jones

Disabled Player Exception
Rajon Rondo

Restricted/Retired/Overseas
None

Draft Picks
2013 1st round, 2nd round
2014 1st round, 2nd round
2015 1st round, 2nd round
D

Team D's Depth Chart
Point Guard: Greivis Vasquez, Jerryd Bayless
Shooting Guard: Klay Thompson, Marcus Thornton, Wilson Chandler
Small Forward: Kevin Durant, Metta World Peace, Carl Landry
Power Forward: Kevin Garnett, Derrick Favors, Kris Humphries
Center: Nikola Pekovic, J.J. Hickson, Larry Sanders, Meyers Leonard

D-League
Isaiah Thomas
Tobias Harris
Jan Vesely
Donatas Motiejunas
Maurice Harkless

Disabled Player Exception
None

Restricted/Retired/Overseas
None

Draft Picks
2013 1st round, 2nd round, 2nd round
2014 2nd round, 2nd round
2015 1st round, 2nd round, 2nd round

The depth charts are not in any particular order though some players might appear at a position like Landry at SF simply because Yahoo gave him that eligibility so therefore on this particular roster, for depth purposes, that's where he fits in. Team D has an abundance of second round picks because that was the direction the previous manager was beginning to go in before he departed. Yes, he did part with his 2014 first round pick so be prepared to go without one, or at least your own, that year if you choose that roster. And yes we only trade draft picks up to 3 years in advance.

The league format is a full-retention dynasty league meaning you may retain each and every one of your players from one season to the next.

It is a money-based league. It is $50 entry per person with that money going directly towards the prize money. First, second, and third place finishes are rewarded with following monetary prizes at the conclusion of the season:

1st Place - $300 (6x money)
2nd Place - $150 (3x money)
3rd Place - $50 (money back)

The scoring categories are FGM, FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PTM, 3PT%, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO.

The roster positions are PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN.

Waiver time is 2 days.

No maximum number for moves/trades.

Maximum player acquisitions per week is 1.

Trades are reviewed by yours truly (Commissioner).

$50 entry fee is required via PayPal prior to joining.

Valid e-mail address required.

Yahoo! ID is required.

AOL Instant Messenger preferred but not required.

I am a very fair commissioner and see to it that all teams throughout the league have an equal opportunity to succeed. However, as we all know there can be only one winner and I preach fairness when dealing with each and every team. Also, I will gladly work closely with those that seek my assistance.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have via e-mail at theyoungfreshone@msn.com or send a message to my Rotoworld username theyoungfreshone.

Thanks for looking and good luck.

#2 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

i would love to inherit Team c. Ive been a dedicated fantasy basketball player for about 8 years now and i really love the sport. Ive won 2 basketball championships in my time and some seasons were admitedley a failure(ie bad draft etc) Im on every day and check all my teams regularly. Just give me a pm if i can inherit Team C. Thank you
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#3 theyoungfreshone

theyoungfreshone

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Oh and I forgot to mention that each team is currently in the playoff hunt so with the exception of Rondo's injury for Team C it wouldn't require much from you to maintain that. With a few tweaks here and there things could also easily and ideally be improved. But let's not forget there are people with teams in worst shape than these so all in all you'd be walking into a fairly good situation all things considered.

Team C
Record: 79-73-4 (5th place in standings)
Waiver priority: 5th

Team D
Record: 77-78-1 (6th place in standings)
Waiver priority: 7th