Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

who is my 5th keeper? WHIR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 jwalkerus

jwalkerus

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

20 team keeper 6x6 in our 11th year.

Keep 5 players. Rosters r as follow

Catcher to OF with no middle infielder, no corner infielder and 1 utility.

Keepers r 1b votto, 3b lawrie, mccutchen OF and Bautista Of.

My 5th keeper is from these group of guys, machado, profar, scherzer or latos?

My first thought was machado but that would mean having 2 3b. I'd have to play one at utility. I was planning on drafting a power bat for my util spot along the lines of a konerko/Ike davis.

What would u do? Keep one of the bats or keep one of the starting pitchers even though my strategy has always been draft SP late.

Appreciate any info. Thanks so much.

#2 Travis Burten

Travis Burten

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Id take Machado and Profar over Lawrie to be honest.

#3 jwalkerus

jwalkerus

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Wow really. Lawrie was so hyped and now u would keep profar over him. That's tough for.me to comprehend

#4 Brewcrewfan

Brewcrewfan

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Keep Lawrie and Machado. Machado is projected to be a SS and I don't see them moving away from that. I think Hardy will be moved midway through this year because the O's are likely finishing last in the division.

#5 MrMartyBarrett

MrMartyBarrett

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Machado.  As much as I like Profar, I think Machado will be much more valuable from a fantasy perspective throughout his career.

Edited by MrMartyBarrett, 29 January 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#6 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

You are only keeping 5, so in a twenty team league it seems unproductive to keep anyone outside the overall top 100.  You first 4 are a solid start, and since your utility can come from any position, I'd say it's a mistake to lock that slot up with an unproven rookie at a position you already have a starter for. There's nothing wrong with saving pitching for later, but in this case you aren't keeping your most valuable pieces by dropping them. Keep a pitcher, I vote Scherzer, but I'd not fault you for keeping Latos. Focus your early draft on MI and SP. Good luck!! BTW see Jason Heyward's year 2 to year 3 jump. Lawrie has that kind of talent and upside. They call it a sophomore slump for a reason!
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park

#7 jwalkerus

jwalkerus

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Past 4 years I have 3 3rd place finishes and a 1st. I'm thinking of keeping.machado and hoping scherzer is there when I make.my first pick.

And in this league I might try and deal machado for a SP in spring training. A lot of owners love young talent.

Would love to hear some.more thoughts.

Thanks everyone who responsed.

#8 jwalkerus

jwalkerus

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Anybody else?

#9 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Machado for me. He's the real deal, I've seen him play many games at AA.

Help pls? http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=335432

#10 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

I was originally gonna suggest Scherzer, but after looking at it Machado is too good in this format to pass up -- look at it this way, who's more likely to be a Top 5 rounder next year?  Scherzer, Latos or Machado?  I would say most people would say Machado; Scherzer and Latos could make steps up, but they still probably wouldn't be 5th rounders, where as Machado has emerging power with plus speed for a Corner Infielder (3B is a nasty position, having 2 solid young ones on your roster keeps them off other teams rosters), plus he could convert back to SS at some point when Hardy leaves.

#11 jwalkerus

jwalkerus

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I'm going ahead with machado.