Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

2013 Free Agent Watch


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
112 replies to this topic

#1 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Yes we know the big talk of the week is obviously about where Phil Dawson will end up next year.  There is also a Beyonce concert on Sunday that has some sort of football game around it...Not sure if you guys heard about this or not.


Either way it's almost time for Free Agent Watch and what it will mean for fantasy.  Where do you think these players will go and how will it affect fantasy...


Names of note:

Mike Wallace
Greg Jennings
Shonn Greene
Reggie Bush
Joe Flacco
Dwyane Bowe
Wes Welker
Danny Amendola
Jared Cook
Brandon Myers
Fred Davis
Dustin Keller

I'm sure I'm missing some so feel free to add some in.
Team 1: 12 Team Keeper 1pt PPR. 5 per TD. 1 per 20 passing

QB: Cutler,Big Ben
RB: Gerhart, Sankey, B.Pierce, Terrance West, James White, Chris Polk
WR:Calvin, AJ Green, Julio(Flex), M. Floyd(Flex), J. Hunter, D. Baldwin
TE: Kyle Rudolph

#2 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I've heard some quick rumors about Shonn Greene possibly going to San Diego to compliment Ryan Mathews.  Not sure how accurate it is but that would be an interesting yet horrible turn of events.
Team 1: 12 Team Keeper 1pt PPR. 5 per TD. 1 per 20 passing

QB: Cutler,Big Ben
RB: Gerhart, Sankey, B.Pierce, Terrance West, James White, Chris Polk
WR:Calvin, AJ Green, Julio(Flex), M. Floyd(Flex), J. Hunter, D. Baldwin
TE: Kyle Rudolph

#3 DocJ

DocJ

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:06 AM



I would be very interested in how Bush to DET would pan out.....

__________________________________________


MLive.com suggests the Lions as a possible landing spot for impending free agent Reggie Bush.

Bush would fit nicely as a pass-catching complement to bruiser Mikel Leshoure. It's an asset the Lions have been sorely missing ever since Jahvid Best went down in Week 6 of the 2011 season. The Bengals could also show interest as Marvin Lewis hasn't been shy to publicly announce his intention to add talent to their running back stable. He appears ready to give up on free agent Bernard Scott, who is coming off an ACL tear.


Related: Bengals, Lions


Source: MLive.com

Jan 31 - 10:05 AM

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Danny Woodhead (6.09)
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Lamar Miller
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: CLE DST (15.06)
K: Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

Bench: Golden Tate (7.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Alex Smith

#4 rraayy3

rraayy3

    Hall of Famer

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Victor Cruz, but he's restricted and not going anywhere

Martellus Bennet, but he's already said he'll take less to come back.

#5 DocJ

DocJ

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Rumors circling in Purple People Eater land that if the Vikes don't sign a big name WR they may go the 2 move TE route and try to pick up someone like Cook. At least that would help cover up Ponder's accuracy issues some, if he can't hit Rudolph and Cook consistently there's no hope for the guy.
2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Danny Woodhead (6.09)
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Lamar Miller
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: CLE DST (15.06)
K: Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

Bench: Golden Tate (7.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Alex Smith

#6 cbe_88

cbe_88

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostGottaGetTheWin, on 31 January 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

I've heard some quick rumors about Shonn Greene possibly going to San Diego to compliment Ryan Mathews.  Not sure how accurate it is but that would be an interesting yet horrible turn of events.

Right, that could likely be a good solution in reality, and a horrible one in fantasy...I do think Greene moves on, he's been such an enormous disappointment.

#7 cbe_88

cbe_88

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostDocJ, on 31 January 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Rumors circling in Purple People Eater land that if the Vikes don't sign a big name WR they may go the 2 move TE route and try to pick up someone like Cook. At least that would help cover up Ponder's accuracy issues some, if he can't hit Rudolph and Cook consistently there's no hope for the guy.

Interesting, they'd need to capitalize on Ponder's strengths with quicker and shorter passes. Cook could do wonders in that offense, with defenses giving so much respect to AP, Cook and Rudolph could get it in, and if Harvin is still there on the outside for bubble screens, we're talking about possibly one of the more successful offenses in the league next year.

#8 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

View Postcbe_88, on 31 January 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

View PostDocJ, on 31 January 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Rumors circling in Purple People Eater land that if the Vikes don't sign a big name WR they may go the 2 move TE route and try to pick up someone like Cook. At least that would help cover up Ponder's accuracy issues some, if he can't hit Rudolph and Cook consistently there's no hope for the guy.

Interesting, they'd need to capitalize on Ponder's strengths with quicker and shorter passes. Cook could do wonders in that offense, with defenses giving so much respect to AP, Cook and Rudolph could get it in, and if Harvin is still there on the outside for bubble screens, we're talking about possibly one of the more successful offenses in the league next year.

I really don't think the Titans are going to let Cook walk.  I think they franchise him again and under use him again.  I don't know why they hate him so much but what he is compared to what he should be is criminally bad.
Team 1: 12 Team Keeper 1pt PPR. 5 per TD. 1 per 20 passing

QB: Cutler,Big Ben
RB: Gerhart, Sankey, B.Pierce, Terrance West, James White, Chris Polk
WR:Calvin, AJ Green, Julio(Flex), M. Floyd(Flex), J. Hunter, D. Baldwin
TE: Kyle Rudolph

#9 cbe_88

cbe_88

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostGottaGetTheWin, on 31 January 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

I really don't think the Titans are going to let Cook walk.  I think they franchise him again and under use him again.  I don't know why they hate him so much but what he is compared to what he should be is criminally bad.

Yeah it's hard to see TEN letting Cook go, he's too talented and is one of the up and comers that fits what the new big athletic prototypical NFL TE is all about. I lost faith in Locker last year to take advantage of Cook in his offense...he really disappointed me this year.

To bring up Jennings, I really think he will come a little cheaper this offseason for NFL teams. Especially because I think Wallace - 3/4 years younger, taller, more talented and elite will dominate the franchise's bidding wars. Jennings I believe will eventually settle for a mere decent contract, he could land anywhere. I'm not all over him by any stretch if he lands in MIA where it's speculated however.

#10 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

View Postcbe_88, on 31 January 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

View PostGottaGetTheWin, on 31 January 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

I really don't think the Titans are going to let Cook walk.  I think they franchise him again and under use him again.  I don't know why they hate him so much but what he is compared to what he should be is criminally bad.

Yeah it's hard to see TEN letting Cook go, he's too talented and is one of the up and comers that fits what the new big athletic prototypical NFL TE is all about. I lost faith in Locker last year to take advantage of Cook in his offense...he really disappointed me this year.


The problem with Cook if you ask me has been how he's been used in the gameplan.  He isn't targeted enough and he isn't on the field enough.  I know this is because he is garbage at blocking but when you have a guy as athletic as him you have to make it a point to get him the ball.  Maybe the OC change there will help open things up for him(it can't hurt) but I just don't believe the Titans want to get him the ball for whatever reason.
Team 1: 12 Team Keeper 1pt PPR. 5 per TD. 1 per 20 passing

QB: Cutler,Big Ben
RB: Gerhart, Sankey, B.Pierce, Terrance West, James White, Chris Polk
WR:Calvin, AJ Green, Julio(Flex), M. Floyd(Flex), J. Hunter, D. Baldwin
TE: Kyle Rudolph

#11 DocJ

DocJ

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

I always forget about Bowe being a FA. It would be nice if he went to a team with one of these young talented QBs (SEA, SFO, MIA, IND, WAS).
2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Danny Woodhead (6.09)
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Lamar Miller
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: CLE DST (15.06)
K: Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

Bench: Golden Tate (7.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Alex Smith

#12 cbe_88

cbe_88

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

For Bowe to have Luck under center in IND would be pretty awesome. Any quality WR putting a Colts helmet on I'm definitely interested in.

#13 BxBOMBERs28

BxBOMBERs28

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Waiting to see where Bowe goes as I have him in my dynasty. Would absolutely love him to go play with Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson or RG3.

#14 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

I don't know what their salary cap situation looks like but I would think the 49ers must be in play for a WR1.  I don't care what happened in the end of the season I don't think Crabtree can be relied on as the main guy but if the niners can get a Bowe or Jennings ( I think Wallace might be to pricey) that offense will be out of control and Kaep will be a Top 5 QB.
Team 1: 12 Team Keeper 1pt PPR. 5 per TD. 1 per 20 passing

QB: Cutler,Big Ben
RB: Gerhart, Sankey, B.Pierce, Terrance West, James White, Chris Polk
WR:Calvin, AJ Green, Julio(Flex), M. Floyd(Flex), J. Hunter, D. Baldwin
TE: Kyle Rudolph

#15 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

    All-Time Great

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,463 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Before predicting destinations - knowing the cap situations is crucial.  

It will change with cuts and extensions (and teams will need to re-up their own FA's at key spots, so it's not a perfect list), but as of the end of season this is the overall league outlook.

http://espn.go.com/n...ct-cap-strategy

Some teams are less flexible because of their FA re-signs, but pretty clear CIN/MIA/CLE/IND can go out & get talent.  The only issue with IND going WR is that Hilton really progressed - and shoring up the O-line & D-line will be their priority.  I don't think SF will be able to get a WR1 even if they trade Smith to get more $.  I don't see CIN spending a ton for WR, given they only need a complementary WR.  

Given the teams involved, pretty hard to think Wallace isn't MIA-bound if the Fish see him as their guy.  Either way, he's in line for a big payday given his age (which is why I don't see a SF/NE scenario, NE, as I alluded to in his thread)

On the other hand, the Jets, Steelers & Cowboys are really strapped.  Hard to see any huge moves there...
TBD Baseball 2011 League Champion - 20 team, 7x7 (5x5 plus 2B+3B, BB, QS & Holds) Dynasty - Division winner, and squeaked through playoff finals!
AL-only 5x5, Roto - 2010 & 2011 league champion
RotoWood 2011 League Runner-Up - Mixed Roto regular season / H2H playoff 5x5 format - 3rd place reg. season, lost in finals

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#16 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

    All-Time Great

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,463 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostRotoRaysfan, on 31 January 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Before predicting destinations - knowing the cap situations is crucial.  

It will change with cuts and extensions (and teams will need to re-up their own FA's at key spots, so it's not a perfect list), but as of the end of season this is the overall league outlook.

http://espn.go.com/n...ct-cap-strategy

Some teams are less flexible because of their FA re-signs, but pretty clear CIN/MIA/CLE/IND can go out & get talent.  The only issue with IND going WR is that Hilton really progressed - and shoring up the O-line & D-line will be their priority.  I don't think SF will be able to get a WR1 even if they trade Smith to get more $.  I don't see CIN spending a ton for WR, given they only need a complementary WR.  

Given the teams involved, pretty hard to think Wallace isn't MIA-bound if the Fish see him as their guy.  Either way, he's in line for a big payday given his age (which is why I don't see a SF/NE scenario, NE, as I alluded to in his thread)

On the other hand, the Jets, Steelers & Cowboys are really strapped.  Hard to see any huge moves there...

To expand on this a little, with the latest chat from the ESPN Patriots beat reporter:

http://espn.go.com/s...chat/_/id/46931

Vollmer & Talib seen as 2 of the 3 "key" re-signs (with Welker) - and the recognition that all 3 can't be re-signed at market prices. While it looks like NE has a lot of $ to spend, if they do re-sign Vollmer & Talib (and tackle & secondary are key areas for them), well, that number shrinks a ton.  

Likewise, a big chunk of BAL's 15.7M likely gets eaten up by any Flacco signing (extension or franchising, either way a significant hit).
TBD Baseball 2011 League Champion - 20 team, 7x7 (5x5 plus 2B+3B, BB, QS & Holds) Dynasty - Division winner, and squeaked through playoff finals!
AL-only 5x5, Roto - 2010 & 2011 league champion
RotoWood 2011 League Runner-Up - Mixed Roto regular season / H2H playoff 5x5 format - 3rd place reg. season, lost in finals

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#17 rraayy3

rraayy3

    Hall of Famer

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

the 9ers used a top pick on a WR and crabtree has been unstoppable with a real QB. crabtree+davis is more than adequate for an offense that doesn't need to put up a ton of points with that defense. i doubt they put a ton of money into another WR, but it would be pretty fun to watch if they did.

Wallace in that offense would be unfair.

#18 PhilBinLaden

PhilBinLaden

    Triple-A

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Miami has a lot of its own Free Agents to sign before they go for outside help, If they sign their guys, then I think they do very little in FA again. I won't blame them since they do have 6 draft picks in the first 3 rounds. Don't get me wrong, I want them to spend that money on some prized Free Agents, but I doubt it happens like everyone predicts. Cincy and Cleveland have always been under the cap. Buffalo will probably cut Fitzpatrick to free up more $, Tampa could make some moves again. Indy has room but has to sign a bunch positions if I'm not mistaken.
10 Team Standard (Passing TDs 6 pts)
QB - Nick Foles (WW pick up), Matt Ryan
RB - Marshawn Lynch, CJ Spiller (traded T Rich), Shane Vereen (WW pick up)
WR - Vincent Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown, Cecil Shorts (WW pick up)
TE - Jordan Cameron, Martellus Bennett
DEF - Seahawks
K - Greg the Leg

The only game that implores 1% skill 99% luck, and yet that 1% skill is the result of us spending half our days looking at reports and insider info on the web and around the NFL hoping to turn our luck into fantasy gold.

#19 PhilBinLaden

PhilBinLaden

    Triple-A

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostRotoRaysfan, on 31 January 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

View PostRotoRaysfan, on 31 January 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Before predicting destinations - knowing the cap situations is crucial.  

It will change with cuts and extensions (and teams will need to re-up their own FA's at key spots, so it's not a perfect list), but as of the end of season this is the overall league outlook.

http://espn.go.com/n...ct-cap-strategy

Some teams are less flexible because of their FA re-signs, but pretty clear CIN/MIA/CLE/IND can go out & get talent.  The only issue with IND going WR is that Hilton really progressed - and shoring up the O-line & D-line will be their priority.  I don't think SF will be able to get a WR1 even if they trade Smith to get more $.  I don't see CIN spending a ton for WR, given they only need a complementary WR.  

Given the teams involved, pretty hard to think Wallace isn't MIA-bound if the Fish see him as their guy.  Either way, he's in line for a big payday given his age (which is why I don't see a SF/NE scenario, NE, as I alluded to in his thread)

On the other hand, the Jets, Steelers & Cowboys are really strapped.  Hard to see any huge moves there...

To expand on this a little, with the latest chat from the ESPN Patriots beat reporter:

http://espn.go.com/s...chat/_/id/46931

Vollmer & Talib seen as 2 of the 3 "key" re-signs (with Welker) - and the recognition that all 3 can't be re-signed at market prices. While it looks like NE has a lot of $ to spend, if they do re-sign Vollmer & Talib (and tackle & secondary are key areas for them), well, that number shrinks a ton.  

Likewise, a big chunk of BAL's 15.7M likely gets eaten up by any Flacco signing (extension or franchising, either way a significant hit).

100% agree on this, and guess who else is a free agent for the Ravens, Paul Kruger. Both Flacco and Kruger are going to give the Ravens all sorts of money trouble heading into the off season.
10 Team Standard (Passing TDs 6 pts)
QB - Nick Foles (WW pick up), Matt Ryan
RB - Marshawn Lynch, CJ Spiller (traded T Rich), Shane Vereen (WW pick up)
WR - Vincent Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown, Cecil Shorts (WW pick up)
TE - Jordan Cameron, Martellus Bennett
DEF - Seahawks
K - Greg the Leg

The only game that implores 1% skill 99% luck, and yet that 1% skill is the result of us spending half our days looking at reports and insider info on the web and around the NFL hoping to turn our luck into fantasy gold.

#20 hammertime33

hammertime33

    Just Drafted

  • Probationary Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Wes Welker to the Broncos