Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Fantasy MLS 2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

The MLS season is barely four weeks from kicking off, and MLS fantasy game is now open!

Much like other games, it's a salary cap league, and for an added twist, the Rotoworld Championship will be in the Head to Head format, with three knockout rounds at the end of the season to crown a Champ.

To join, use this code once you've created your team: 1045-496

Hope to see you there....good luck!
SoB Tifo ~ AD FINEM FIDELIS ~ Bearfight Brigade

"Oh, you can't scare me, I'm stickin' to the Union!"

#2 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

CB Chargers FC (American version, ha):

GK: Jon Busch, Brian Perk
DEF: Jay DeMerit, Jeff Parke, Austin Berry, Corey Asche, Eric Gehrig
MDF: Brad Davis, Mauro Rosales, Jeff Larentowicz, Brian Carroll, Andrew Jacobson
FWD: Chris Wondolowski, Will Bruin, Jack McInerney

#3 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Wow, i didn't know MLS had a fantasy league!!

In.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#4 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

I am a little adventurous, so going an unconventional 5-3-2 with:

GK: Gspurning
D: DeMerit, Gonzalez, Lee Young Pyo, Olave, Kimura
M: DeRosario, Donovan, Cahill
F: Robbie Keane, Wondolowski

With junk left over on the bench.

How come Cahill is only 3.3% owned?

Edited by predator_05, 02 February 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#5 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

I am a little adventurous, so going an unconventional 5-3-2 with:

D: DeMerit, Gonzalez, Lee Young Pyo, Olave, Kimura
M: DeRosario, Donovan, Cahill
F: Robbie Keane, Wondolowski

With junk left over on the bench.

How come Cahill is only 3.3% owned?

Not sure. I think it's because people look at that team as having the offense centered around the strikers, and at the same time, may be undervaluing assists. Then they look at the $8 million salary and decide to look elsewhere. Personally, I can't bring myself to own a Red Bull, so there's that.

I've heard suggestions that NYRB are looking for takers for Cooper, so that may open up some opportunities for Cahill.

FWIW, I have no idea how things are going to look with the Union's new 4-3-3 with JackMac playing off Casey and LeToux, so I switched him out with Maicon Santos and used the extra funds to replace Larentowicz with Graham Zusi.

#6 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Yeah, i can't figure out how they will use Cahill. If he is played out of position (as he was when he joined) than he won't be a useful fantasy player. Watch-list material.

Instead, i brought back fantasy legend Thierry Henry. Just to re-kindle memories of those great FPL seasons i had with him captaining my team every week. Lets see how it goes.

So with Cahill out, i changed from a 5-3-2 to a 5-2-3. I like this team a lot better:

D: DeMerit, Gonzalez, Lee, Kimura, Korb
M: Donovan, DeRosario
F: Robbie Keane, Wondolowski, Thierry Henry

Any suggestions on some good 4.0s/4.5s or even some underrated 5.0s ? Especially on defense? As you can see, I have zero depth outside the starting lineup and I need just one reliable bench-warmer.

Edited by predator_05, 03 February 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#7 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Any suggestions on some good 4.0s/4.5s or even some underrated 5.0s ? Especially on defense? As you can see, I have zero depth outside the starting lineup and I need just one reliable bench-warmer.

There's some good value at Goalkeeper and Defender. I used Marscheider as super-cheap GK backup and then streamed the position at times. There's enough talent at the position that should shouldn't need going above 5.5. I have Busch at that price, but there's also guys like MacMath, Johnson and Hamid for slightly less. My backup this time is Brian Perk, who's as cheap as it gets and actually played some last season.

On Defense, I like Jeff Parke at 5.0 and Brandon McDonald at 5.5. You can find some outside backs and solid centre-backs at that price or less, like Asche and Tierney. Gehrig is another guy I threw on the roster at a cheap price, and he played enough that it wasn't wasted money.

Nobody at midfield or forward really fits that bill. If you want any quality, you have to pay, although I have Andrew Jacobson stashed at 5.5. Like Gehrig, he plays enough that he'll earn some points, but not so much that you'll find yourself making tough choices each week. Santos only cost me 6.0; Oduro isn't at a bad price at 6.5, but who knows how he'll be used in Columbus?

My personal strategy that I've used in each league is going relatively cheap on D/Gk and then throwing money at the offense. As a result, I'm relying heavily on my top forwards and triumvirate of attacking Mids, but they're good ones, so I'm giving it a shot.

#8 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Time to kick things off!

#9 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

2 rounds in the books and a third of the league remains undefeated. Kudos to My Name is Leo and AFC Ajax Amsterdam, who are separated by a mere point at the top of the table.

How are people digging the H2H format? I've done it before elsewhere, but not here. I think it adds a little extra facet to the challenge.

#10 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

I prefer the total points, at least then you can come back into it after a slow start. Right now i'm 0-2, a few more losses and it's over.

:(

#11 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

FWIW, I have no idea how things are going to look with the Union's new 4-3-3 with JackMac playing off Casey and LeToux, so I switched him out with Maicon Santos and used the extra funds to replace Larentowicz with Graham Zusi.

So we know what happened, they ditched the 4-3-3 and JackMac has flourished, getting himself inclusion in the Gold Cup selection pool. Along with Marco Di Vaio, the league's top two scorers are 7th and 12th respectively in terms of price. If you got in early, you're getting excellent value.

So how's everybody dealing with no SKC players available, including the top two overall scorers in the game?