Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Fenway Parks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 WahooManiac

WahooManiac

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Is this not the coolest baseball name ever?

http://sports.yahoo....03858--mlb.html

Im not sure if this belongs here, as he is still in high school and not truly a minor league guy, but I thought the story was funny. And he did land on a prospect website, but feel free to move it. I couldnt decide if it was more Off Topic worthy, apologies if so
Good pitching will beat good hitting anytime, and vice versa. -Bob Veale

We're reaching the pt where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. -Thomas Boswell

#2 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,705 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

This is definitely the coolest name ever, but it would be even cooler if the Red Sox draft him. Fenway Parks would be playing in Fenway Park!

Edited by baltimore_boy, 03 February 2013 - 10:17 AM.

Bring back Ray!

#3 My Dinner With Andre

My Dinner With Andre

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

I feel sorry for the kid

Although I guess "Fen" or "Fenny" are palatable nicknames

#4 Halo Fan

Halo Fan

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,860 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

I think it would be hilarious if the Yankees drafted him.
"Only boring people find baseball boring." ~ Peter Golenboch

"...the knowledge of the game is usually in inverse proportion to the price of the seats." ~ Bill Veeck

"The last time Willie Mays dropped a pop fly he had a rattle in one hand and a bonnet on his head." ~ Jim Murray

"If my uniform doesn't get dirty, I haven't done anything in the baseball game." ~ Rickey Henderson

"The difference between the old ballplayer and the new ballplayer is the jersey. The old ballplayer cared about the name on the front. The new ballplayer cares about the name on the back." ~ Steve Garvey

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out." ~ George Brett

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." ~ Rogers Hornsby

"Winning depends on where you put your priorities. It's usually best to put them over the fence." ~ Jason Giambi