woah

#202 andyz

andyz

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

you feel comfortable drafting any Giant before round 4? I hate these RB by committee teams. Same for the Saints

10-team ESPN $$ League (PPR)...........................................8-team Yahoo $$ League (2QB)

QB: Cutler..............................     QB: T. Brady, D. Brees
WR: 
D. Thomas, G. Tate.......................WR: A. Johnson, D. Thomas 

RB: G. Bernard, A. Ellington................ RB: D. Murray, S. Vereen
TE: J. Graham
........................        TE: M. Bennett

Flex: M. Wallace.............................Flex: A. Foster
K: D. Bailey..............................   K: C. Parkey
DEF: BUF (stream)
............................Def: MIA (stream)
Bench: Megatron, R. Jennings, D. Allen
.......Bench: E. Sanders, G. Bernard, M. Ryan
J. Hill, R. White, J. McKinnon, ODB
..........F. Gore, M. Crabtree, T. Mason

#203 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,331 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

At least with David Wilson, there's actually a hell of a lot of upside because of his ridiculous big-play ability. He'll likely be a borderline RB1 a lot of weeks.

That's not usually the case with most timeshares unless one half of the time share gets injured.
  • FUM and BxBOMBERs28 like this
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#204 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,331 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

Body control, balance, awesomeness:

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • FUM, Sean-O, Deckard Pain and 4 others like this

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#205 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Genetics and ton of squats....Some of the most powerful legs you'll see. DW in most situations won't go down with the arm tackle, you better wrap him up good, or feel lucky and catch a shoestring. Talented as Wilson is, Ryan Williams was better as a Hokie. Makes me want to cry what has happen to Ryan.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#206 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,331 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

BTW, I'm pretty sure that David Wilson was in on some 3rd downs tonight. Not just Andre Brown.

#207 pepper11

pepper11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

I was not a believer...now I am

wow

#208 jackmurphy

jackmurphy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

Only thing holding him back is the damn committee. He's a stud
Sarge: Whats gonna happen is that you jerk off the ball, almost wanna let this guy here jam you, and if it comes it comes.

#209 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,331 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

BTW, I don't remember seeing this anywhere, but wanted to jot down for historical purposes that David Wilson apparently had minor hand surgery early this past offseason to remove a bone chip in his hand. This report is from back on March 21st, 2013:

http://www.giantsgab...move-bone-chip/

Running Back David Wilson told Ebenezer Samuel of the New York Daily News Thursday that he recently had minor hand surgery to remove a bone chip in his palm.

“It happened awhile ago,” Wilson said at a Boost Mobile “Shrink Hunger” event in Harlem. “I didn’t want to do it, like, before the season. But it was already chipped. So (they) just take it out so it won’t be floating around.”

Wilson was still sporting several black stitches running from his palm down his wrist on Thursday.

#210 Al.Davis

Al.Davis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

The time share will make for a frustrating start to the season, but I'm cool with it.

Brown looked good, but Wilson is a freak of nature talent who will make it hard to keep him off the field.

#211 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,162 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

One big sack on Manning because of a missed block and Andre Brown is back there again. This is the same situation as in Denver, Fantasy owners want the shiny toys (Wilson, Ball) but the coaches tend to go for the boring alernatives (Hillman, Brown).

Baseball and football are very different games. In a way, both of them are easy. Football is easy if you're crazy as hell. Baseball is easy if you've got patience. They'd both be easier for me if I were a little more crazy and a little more patient. ~ Bo Jackson

#212 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,331 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

C David Baas will be out 3-6 weeks with a sprained MCL.

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo51m

Early word on Giants C David Baas: Sprained MCL. Belief is he avoided ACL tear but more tests to confirm that Mon. Educated guess: 3-6 wks.

Edited by Robrain, 18 August 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#213 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

One big sack on Manning because of a missed block and Andre Brown is back there again. This is the same situation as in Denver, Fantasy owners want the shiny toys (Wilson, Ball) but the coaches tend to go for the boring alernatives (Hillman, Brown).

I'd take Wilson & Brown over Hillman and Ball every time. There is just no comparison IMO.
  • BxBOMBERs28 likes this

#214 pepper11

pepper11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

Yeah there is no comparing Wilson and Ball..there is only one shiny toy in that bunch
  • Robrain likes this

#215 instant290

instant290

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

Very excited to have this guy as my RB3/Flex this year. I think he will have some really big weeks, especially down the stretch. If he can get better with pass protection as the season progresses, I think the timeshare will become more and more in his favor.

Still not sure how such a powerful RB can't seem to block for crap, does the concept just go way over his head or what?
  • BxBOMBERs28 and MillenWasmyFavorite like this

#216 bdams19

bdams19

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

Every single time I saw something great out of Wilson and was convinced they couldn't put Brown on the field, they did anyway and Brown made plays when he had to. Brown is no slouch and he does produce, so I can see both of these guys alternating monster weeks just depending on the flow of the game.

#217 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,331 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

Every single time I saw something great out of Wilson and was convinced they couldn't put Brown on the field, they did anyway and Brown made plays when he had to. Brown is no slouch and he does produce, so I can see both of these guys alternating monster weeks just depending on the flow of the game.

I think most of Brown's "monster" weeks will be TD-dependent. And I'm okay with that.
  • BxBOMBERs28 likes this

#218 stevekerr01

stevekerr01

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

did he lose kick return duties this year? he didnt get them in this game
H2H 10 team points
C Mauer, 1B David Ortiz, 2B Dustin Pedrioa, SS Troy Tulo, 3B Ryan Zimmerman, OF Carlos Gonzalez, OF Justin Upton, OF Allen Craig, OF Mark Trumbo, Util Desmond Jennings, Util Gyorko, Bench Texiera, Rollins, Swisher
SP Ryu, Jared Weaver, Mike Minor, Iwakuma, Gallardo, Garza, Haren, Mike Leake, RP balfour, Fernando Rodney, H. Street

#219 instant290

instant290

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

did he lose kick return duties this year? he didnt get them in this game

I believe he is still listed as the KR man, but I don't think I have seen him returning any in either preseason game. Not sure if that is just because it is preseason, and other guys are trying out, or if it means he will not return kicks.

If he did lose the job it is not because of performance and more because NYG wouldn't want one of their best offensive weapons at more risk...he was a stellar return man last year. I would love for him to return kicks this year, boosts his value a ton in my return yards league in which I own him...but what I mentioned earlier in this thread is the more use at RB he gets, the more likely he loses KR opportunities...kinda a double edge sword for us that own him in return leagues.

#220 Mathias

Mathias

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

how do David Wilson compare to someone like DeMarco Murray.....in comparison to upside?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users