Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Pick my keepers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 dubstar123

dubstar123

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

I can keep 6 of the following 8 players. I don't think I would get Kinsler or even Bruce back if I don't keep them.

Kemp 1
Kinsler 2
Bruce 3
Butler 9
Andrus 13
Santana 18
Lawrie 19
Sale 20

10 team h2h
R hr RBI SB obp xbh
W sv k era whip qs

#2 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

What pick do you have in your draft?

Edited by RespectMyAuthority, 07 February 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#3 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

I can keep 6 of the following 8 players. I don't think I would get Kinsler or even Bruce back if I don't keep them.

Kemp 1
Kinsler 2
Bruce 3
Butler 9
Andrus 13
Santana 18
Lawrie 19
Sale 20

10 team h2h
R hr RBI SB obp xbh
W sv k era whip qs

Head to Head Bruce is kind of brutal because of his swings, I might leave that one for someone else or see if you can make a trade. Adding QS into the mix really tilts things to make sure you need good SP.

Kemp - I love 5 category guys in 1st round.
Kinsler - Dont love him but Im sure most of the top tier 2B wont be around so I would roll with it.
Andrus 13- again not the biggest fan but he is a great value at SS in 13th round, have to do it.
Sale - No doubter, your best value by far.

Then...
Santana? - Is it a 1 or 2 C league? I like Santana this year and 18th round is good value.
Lawrie 19 - I probably go there, I know he was disappointment last year, but 19th round.

I know people will question Butler or Bruce as to why I dont have them, and I like them both, I just like the value in terms of round, scarcity as to what is probably left with your others.

I might look to do some 2-1 packages if you could. Could you package Kinsler and Bulter for a Cano? Could you package Bruce and Lawrie for a frontline 3B? I would do some exploration there.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#4 primetime166

primetime166

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

drop santana and bruce

will you help me

http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=336149
C - Posey and Gattis
1B - Moss and Howard
2B - Kipnis, Murphy, Phillips
3B - Sandoval and Headly
SS - Asdrubal
OF - Cargo, Stanton, Marte, Blackmon, Springer, Fowler, Hamilton
P - Grienke, Darvish, Cain, Kuroda, Dickey, Lincecum
RP - Jenson, Soria, Balfour, Doolittle, Cook, Cody Allen

#5 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Kemp, Butler, Santana, Lawrie & Sale are all must keeps, that only leaves 1 more.

I'd keep Kinsler and drop Bruce & Elvis there. There's a dozen similar MI types that are available in that range that are just as good as Elvis (Utley, Kendrick, Aybar, Rutledge, Alexei, Alcides, etc).

Bruce is not a 3rd round value in a 10-team format, especially with your other options. I don't even like him in the 3rd of my 15-team drafts, no value keeping him in the 3rd of a 10-teamer.

Edited by RespectMyAuthority, 07 February 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#6 kwelch

kwelch

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

I would also drop Santana and Bruce. You can draft serviceable replacements.

http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=336447

11 Team; Points Keeper League; 10th Pick
C: E. Gattis
1B: P. Fielder (K)
2B: M. Carpenter (K)
3B: M. Cabrera (TRD)
SS: H. Ramirez (K)
MI: A. Cabrera
CI: E. Encarnacion (K)
OF: S. Choo, G. Stanton, K. Davis, J. Willingham, A. Ethier
UTL: V. Martinez, J. Donaldson (TRD)
P: H. Bailey, D. Fister, H. Ryu, A. Reed, A. Cashner, C. Janssen, D. Salazar, A.J. Burnett, J. Axford
BEN: K. Wong, G. Sizemore, J. Villar

Forum: A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

#7 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

I'd drop Andrus and Bruce. There's some value to Andrus in round 13 but with XBH a category he's only gonna help you in runs steals and OBP. No way am I letting Butler go in this format, he's huge value in round 9. If you think maybe after all you can get back Kinsler you could drop him and keep Andrus. Only if you're confident though. Be patient with Kemp this year he may start slow coming off that shoulder surgery.
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park

#8 dubstar123

dubstar123

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

It looks like I will have the 5th or 6th overall pick. There are several teams that will let go of former 1st round players and have early picks. Someone like Bruce, while not a great value at round 3 in a redraft league, will be one of the top few players available. I seriously wouldn't count on me getting him or Kinsler back. Does that change anything? I usually look at value also, but if I keep value and lesser players I probably won't win. It's not as if I will be choosing from Fielder, Tulo, Cargo with my first available picks. The way our league is, top keepers are all over the rounds.... Cutch in 4, Tulo in 6, Cargo in 17, Verlander in 13... on and on.

I feel comfortable dropping Andrus, but it comes down to letting Kinsler, Bruce or Sale go. I am a big Sale guy and love him in the 20th, but if people are right that he will break down early then he isn't a good long term guy anyway. So i wonder if I should keep the good hitters and redraft Sale with one of my first picks.

#9 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

It looks like I will have the 5th or 6th overall pick. There are several teams that will let go of former 1st round players and have early picks. Someone like Bruce, while not a great value at round 3 in a redraft league, will be one of the top few players available. I seriously wouldn't count on me getting him or Kinsler back. Does that change anything? I usually look at value also, but if I keep value and lesser players I probably won't win. It's not as if I will be choosing from Fielder, Tulo, Cargo with my first available picks. The way our league is, top keepers are all over the rounds.... Cutch in 4, Tulo in 6, Cargo in 17, Verlander in 13... on and on.

I feel comfortable dropping Andrus, but it comes down to letting Kinsler, Bruce or Sale go. I am a big Sale guy and love him in the 20th, but if people are right that he will break down early then he isn't a good long term guy anyway. So i wonder if I should keep the good hitters and redraft Sale with one of my first picks.

If you like Sale and are keeping him in round 20 then you have almost no downside. If he breaks down he's still a 20th round keeper (health permitting) next year right? Still insane value. Bruce, IMO, lends the least value and least consistency at his pick. Sure he can carry you some weeks, but that's offset by his frigid cold streaks and his draft slot. Kinsler helps with that thin 2B position, and if they do let him play some OF, that gives you dual eligibility. If Bruce wouldn't be there on your turn I assume Kinsler wouldn't either, and of the two high picks Kinsler has substantially more value. You're right in your approach to keepers, keep the best TEAM, not the highest slot values.
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park

#10 An Old Hippie

An Old Hippie

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

I'd drop Andrus/Santana as both would be easier to replace then the rest

http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=336475

#11 dubstar123

dubstar123

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

It totally slipped my mind that I had Aaron Hill at the end of the year. I could keep him in round 20 ups you keep him over Kinsler? And just hope he's good enough at 2b?

#12 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

It totally slipped my mind that I had Aaron Hill at the end of the year. I could keep him in round 20 ups you keep him over Kinsler? And just hope he's good enough at 2b?

Hill just had a monster year and now has a fat contract. That almost always spells "regression". However, at round 20 that's certainly a risk worth taking. How does that keep affect Sale's draft slot, as you also list him at 20th round?
Can you give a list of some guys who might be available in the first round of the draft?

#13 HOOTIE

HOOTIE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Andrus is the easy cut.
I love Brucem but at a 3rd, no.