Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Titus Young 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
91 replies to this topic

#1 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

LOL

The New York Jets welcome you with open arms. Sounds like a perfect fit; delusional player on a delusional team.
20 team, 4 keepers, standard score league:
QB-Ben Roethlisberger
WR-Dez Bryant
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Desean Jackson
RB-Chris Johnson
RB- Ryan Mathews
TE-Charles Clay
W/R- Allen Hurns BN- Knile Davis BN-BenJarvus Green-Ellis BN-John Brown BN- Jake Locker
K-Dan Bailey, Greg The Leg
Def- Denver, New York Giants

#2 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

He is playing for the rams now.

He isn't a bad guy, he is just Ford tough, like everything else that comes out of Detroit. Ultimate 2013 sleeper.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#3 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

He is playing for the rams now.

He isn't a bad guy, he is just Ford tough, like everything else that comes out of Detroit. Ultimate 2013 sleeper.

Young has managed his career about as well as Detroit has managed it's city.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***
Record: 2-4

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Julio Jones (2.09)
WR2: Roddy White
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Robbie Gould
Bench: Calvin Johnson (1.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, Carson Palmer, James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#4 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

He's got a decent thrower in Bradford, but we'll see where he lands on the depth chart. Givens did some good things, and I'd guess St. Louis does what it takes to keep Amendola. He could just be mere occasional deep threat. I'll temper my expectations, especially after the stunts he pulled last year and this offseason.

If Amendola stays put, he'll likely stay as the only solid fantasy option in that passing game.

#5 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

I don't think Young is even guaranteed a roster spot. I think this is just insurance in case they can't resign Amendola. If they can why would they keep him on that team? Amendola and Givens had great years last year and maybe Brian Quick can get something going.

#6 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Why would any team even want this guy on their roster?

#7 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

For whatever reason talented players keep getting second chances. Young is a very talented guy. I don't think the attitude is worth it, but it's the same idea as Adam "Pacman" Jones. Guy kept getting chances and now is at least producing at a reasonable level at a discounted price.

#8 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

He's on a roster because he's talented.

He's on the Rams roster because their current WRs are either hurt, mediocre, or unproven - to put it nicely.

I wouldn't be shocked if Titus emerged as their #1. I wouldn't be shocked if Titus was cut during training camp.

#9 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

For whatever reason talented players keep getting second chances. Young is a very talented guy. I don't think the attitude is worth it, but it's the same idea as Adam "Pacman" Jones. Guy kept getting chances and now is at least producing at a reasonable level at a discounted price.

Yeah, but we're not even talking about some super-talented player here. I know he's shown flashes at times but he hasn't really done much. He had a few good games towards the end of his rookie year and he was not very productive in the ten games he played last season.

I can understand taking a chance on a guy with character issues if he is going to produce, but Young really has yet to show that he's capable of doing so on a consistent basis in the NFL.

Also, he's not just your run of the mill bad character guy who whines to the media and has an attitude in the locker room. Young purposefully sabotaged his team. That alone would prevent me from ever wanting him on my team.

With St. Louis' ever fluid WR corp, though, who knows what will happen? I liked what I saw from Givens this past year as a homerun threat. I'm interested to see how big of a step Quick takes following that disappointing rookie season.

#10 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

They had Danario Alexander. Must've sucked to watch him finally stay healthy and produce on a different team.

Someone got fired for that move. Their replacement will probably get fired for this one.

#11 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,938 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Some funny stuff from rotoworld:

"Former Lions WR Titus Young recently told his high school coach that he's better than Calvin Johnson."

""He did tell me he thought he was just as good Megatron," E.C. Robinson recalled late last month. "I said, 'Titus, come on.' I said, 'Come on, man. Who you talking to?' I said, 'Come on, you’re as good as that guy? This guy is the real deal.' And he really believes this. And he was sincere about it. 'Ah man, I'm better than him.'" If Young is unwilling to play second fiddle to this generation's greatest wideout, he's going to have a hard time fitting in many receiving corps around the league. He'll need to at least fake an attitude adjustment before signing on with a new team."
Adam Brown (Fearless)=Hero. May you never be forgotten.

#12 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Titus' pregame snack.

http://reefbeefandbe...wich-776433.jpg

#13 ipstaff

ipstaff

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

It looks like the line for WRs to crack the top 36 in any given season - a starter in a 12 team, 3 WR league - is about 100 fantasy points (non PPR).

That's roughly a 700 yard, 5 TD season.

I'll take the under on Titus getting there in 2013.

#14 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

As long as Amendola is still a ram, I don't think any other St Louis WR will break that statline, Amendola is the man there, givens and the rest of them will be awfully streaky and terribly inconsistent.

#15 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

As long as Amendola is still a ram, I don't think any other St Louis WR will break that statline, Amendola is the man there, givens and the rest of them will be awfully streaky and terribly inconsistent.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Givens approach 10 TDs. I'm not predicting it but I wouldn't rule it out. He's displayed an excellent ability to get open downfield. If Bradford can get it too him, he could potentially be spending a lot of time in the endzone.

#16 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

I wouldn't be shocked to see Givens approach 10 TDs. I'm not predicting it but I wouldn't rule it out. He's displayed an excellent ability to get open downfield. If Bradford can get it too him, he could potentially be spending a lot of time in the endzone.

Idk man, it looks like Gibson is staying put, and now they have Titus Young who they'll be trying to get implemented. Gibson, givens and young will probably all switch off for some productive games here and there, nothing to be able to rely on out of those 3 tho.

Amendola is the only lock for receptions, and yardage. I could see all 4 of those wr's getting a mere 4-5 tds which sounds like a typical total of passing tds for Bradford, with Amendola blowing the other 3 out of the water on reception/yardage totals.

#17 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

Idk man, it looks like Gibson is staying put, and now they have Titus Young who they'll be trying to get implemented. Gibson, givens and young will probably all switch off for some productive games here and there, nothing to be able to rely on out of those 3 tho.

Amendola is the only lock for receptions, and yardage. I could see all 4 of those wr's getting a mere 4-5 tds which sounds like a typical total of passing tds for Bradford, with Amendola blowing the other 3 out of the water on reception/yardage totals.

What Givens has, that Young or Gibson or Quick doesn't have, is a defined role.

#18 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

No receiver in that passing game is scoring 10 TDs.

#19 Blood Brother

Blood Brother

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Sounds like the Rams are about to cut this guy now LOL

what a turd
16 team H2H Dynasty league 6x6(R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG / W, S, K's, Hld, ERA, WHIP)

Hitters:
C - Jonathan Lucroy (MIL - C, 1B)
1B - Edwin Encarnacion (Tor - 1B, 3B)
2B - Robinson Cano (Sea - 2B)
3B - Miguel Cabrera (Det - 1B, 3B)
SS - Starlin Castro (ChC - SS)
LF - Carlos Gonzalez (COL - LF)
CF - Corey Dickerson (Col - LF, CF)
RF - George Springer (Hou - CF, RF)
Util - David Wright (NYM - 3B)
BN - Oswaldo Arcia (Min - LF, RF), Jean Segura (Mil - SS), Kole Calhoun (LAA - RF), Jake Lamb (ARI - 3B), Lucas Duda (NYM - 1B, LF)
Pitchers:(5 SP/5 RP)
Starters: Clayton Kershaw, Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, James Shields, Jose Quintana, Jordan Zimmermann, Carlos Martinez, Corey Kluber, Ivan Nova(DL)
Relievers: Craig Kimbrel, Greg Holland, Sean Doolittle, Joe Smith, Shae Simmons
Farm System: Andrew Heaney (MIA - SP), Marco Gonzales(StL - SP), Daniel Norris(TOR - SP), Ronald Guzman(TEX - 1B/OF), Dan Vogelbach(CHC - 1B), Blake Snell(TB - SP), Jose Martinez(Ari - SP), Hunter Dozier(KC - SS/3B), Adalberto Mejia(SF - SP)

#20 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...eleased-by-rams

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis-Post Dispatch says the Rams decline comment. Young's agent hasn't commented either. (That's a sign the report is on point. Why else would they not deny it?)

Parker's sources went as far as saying Young might not play football again, which suggests deeper problems off the field. The Detroit News reported last month that the Lions had pleaded with Young to seek help for serious emotional and mental issues. At this time, there are no details on Young's falling out with the Rams.

Its easy to laugh at him, but there is a strong possibility that he might be having some big personal problems that need to be dealt with. I refuse to believe that someone can be stupid enough to mess up a chance to play in the NFL, this is a dream for thousands of people.

Edited by predator_05, 15 February 2013 - 01:31 PM.

"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)