Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Lawrie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 wvufan1988

wvufan1988

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

A guy is talking about giving up Lawrie because he has enough players at 3B. Seeing how I have Sandoval, and expecting him to miss a lot of time this season, I figured I'd inquire. I thought of proposing Wilson or Peavy along with Bogaerts and Beachy for Lawrie and Taijuan Walker. I realize it sounds like a lot, but I wanted opinions on if I should propose this from everyone else. I have the pitching to trade, and having Lawrie in my lineup makes my lineup that much better. Should I propose this?

Team is in my sig. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
12 Team H2H 24 out of 28 Keep

C-Posey
1B-Freeman
2B- Altuve
SS- Hanley Rameriz
3B-Sandoval
OF- Stanton, Choo, B.J Upton,
UT- Youkilis, Swisher, Cespedes
Bench: Chris Carter
P- Weaver, Parker, Cain, Wilson,  Cueto, Hudson, Niese, Peavy
Closer/RP- Mo, Soriano. Holland,
Bench-  Beachy
Categories:

Runs, RBI's, SB's, Average, HR
ERA, WHIP, Wins, Saves, K's

#2 MrMartyBarrett

MrMartyBarrett

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

A lot? I don't think so.  Actually, if I were to get that offer I would not consider it.  WIlson is no more than a SP3 in mixed leagues, and Peavy is still a risk.  X-Man is a stud, and may perk his attention.  But not at the cost of a young stud CI and one of the top pitching prospects in the game.

If you want to propose it, it's a great deal for you.  Don't be shocked when he turns it down.

#3 wvufan1988

wvufan1988

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

I don't see how that is a terrible deal, but thanks for your input. Beachy and Bogaerts are going to studs themselves (if you are calling Lawrie a stud already after two very mediocre seasons, than I can call Beachy and Bogaerts studs), and Wilson isn't bad. I realize he gets a lot of hate from people especially on this board, but a guy with a mid to higher 3 ERA that gives you a great amount of K's is better than a lot of pitchers he has, or that many teams in my league has.

C-Posey
1B-Freeman
2B- Altuve
SS- Hanley Rameriz
3B-Sandoval
Bench-  Beachy
Categories:

#4 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

You seem to have several 3B already with Hanley, Pablo, and Youk. Since CI isn't listed in your sig I'm assuming you do not start a corner infielder. Lawrie in that scenario seems overkill. Your need seems to be middle infielder. Is there a way to acquire a higher ranked 2B with some of those pieces? I think your fears about Pablo are a bit unfounded. Both his DL stints have been for Hamate injuries, which are unlikely to repeat. I think if you can keep him away from McDonald's he should play 145+ games.
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park

#5 wvufan1988

wvufan1988

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

I think I should find an upgrade at 2B, but the position is just so thin. We do not have a CI position in the league.  Lawrie may be overkill, I agree, but it is tempting to look at offers for Lawrie when the team is dangling him.

I hope you are right about Pablo. I love the guy. It's frustrating to see him get hurt when he seems to get on a roll.

C-Posey
1B-Freeman
2B- Altuve
SS- Hanley Rameriz
3B-Sandoval
Bench-  Beachy
Categories:

#6 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

View Postwvufan1988, on 09 February 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

I think I should find an upgrade at 2B, but the position is just so thin. We do not have a CI position in the league.  Lawrie may be overkill, I agree, but it is tempting to look at offers for Lawrie when the team is dangling him.

I hope you are right about Pablo. I love the guy. It's frustrating to see him get hurt when he seems to get on a roll.
Unfortunately nothing about health is certain anymore, but Sandoval has played almost every game the last two years that he didn't have his broken hamate. A couple of months missed both times. I'd be willing to, for THIS year, give him a pass on the power outage due to his injuries. If he's healthy and disappoints though, I'm done with him.
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park

#7 TheRick

TheRick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Lawrie doesn't make your lineup better, for this year anyway.

Edited by TheRick, 09 February 2013 - 10:14 PM.