Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

RW Community 2013 Mock Draft III5x5 standard roto? Draft starts Feb. 14 once final details done!


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
872 replies to this topic

#861 jb_power

jb_power

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Final team roster:

C - Joe Mauer (5.7.55)
C - Rob Brantly (27.7.319)
1B - Adrian Gonzalez (4.6.42)
2B - Dustin Pedroia (3.7.31)
SS - Jimmy Rollins (7.7.79)
3B - Will Middlebrooks (11.7.127)
MI - Alcides Escobar (16.6.186)
CI - Paul Konerko (8.6.90)
OF - Andrew McCutcheon (1.7.7)
OF - Mark Trumbo (10.6.114)
OF - Nick Markakis (12.6.138)
OF - Alejandro DeAza (15.7.175)
OF - Ryan Ludwick (20.6.234)
UTIL - Todd Frazier (17.7.199)
UTIL - Leonys Martin (25.7.295)

SP - Clayton Kershaw (2.6.18)
SP - Jered Weaver (6.6.66)
RP - Huston Street (14.6.162)
RP - Chris Perez (18.6.210)
P - Aroldis Chapman (9.7.103)
P - Josh Johnson (13.7.151)
P - Homer Bailey (19.7.223)
P - Tommy Milone (22.6.258)
P - Kyuji Fujikawa (23.7.271)

B - Brandon Beachy (21.7.247)
B - Johan Santana (24.6.282)
B - Trevor Plouffe (26.6.306)

Worst pick -- tie between Joe Mauer in the 5th (due to injuriy proneness) and Chris Perez (I just dislike him immensely)

Best pick -- tie between Alcides Escobar (he should be a starting SS for someone) in the 16th and Leonys Martin in the 25th as I think he runs away with the Rangers CF job and he could go 20/20

Edited by jb_power, 01 March 2013 - 02:22 PM.


#862 klove42

klove42

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,798 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

View Postjb_power, on 01 March 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Final team roster:

C - Joe Mauer (5.7.55)
C - Rob Brantly (27.7.319)
1B - Adrian Gonzalez (4.6.42)
2B - Dustin Pedroia (3.7.31)
SS - Jimmy Rollins (7.7.79)
3B - Will Middlebrooks (11.7.127)
MI - Alcides Escobar (16.6.186)
CI - Paul Konerko (8.6.90)
OF - Andrew McCutcheon (1.7.7)
OF - Mark Trumbo (10.6.114)
OF - Nick Markakis (12.6.138)
OF - Alejandro DeAza (15.7.175)
OF - Ryan Ludwick (20.6.234)
UTIL - Todd Frazier (17.7.199)
UTIL - Leonys Martin (25.7.295)

SP - Clayton Kershaw (2.6.18)
SP - Jered Weaver (6.6.66)
RP - Huston Street (14.6.162)
RP - Chris Perez (18.6.210)
P - Aroldis Chapman (9.7.103)
P - Josh Johnson (13.7.151)
P - Homer Bailey (19.7.223)
P - Tommy Milone (22.6.258)
P - Kyuji Fujikawa (23.7.271)

B - Brandon Beachy (21.7.247)
B - Johan Santana (24.6.282)
B - Trevor Plouffe (26.6.306)

Your staff is really good.
No Days Off

#863 dsw283

dsw283

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Final team roster:

C - Carlos Santana
C - Russel Martin
1B - Joey Votto
2B - Neil Walker
SS - Elvis Andrus
3B - Brett Lawrie
MI - Alexei Ramirez
CI - Adam Laroche
OF - Jay Bruce
OF - Jacoby Ellsbury
OF - Andre Ethier
OF - Michael Morse
OF - Nick Swisher
UTIL - Angel Pagan
UTIL - Adam Lind

SP - Justin Verlander
SP - CC Sabathia
RP - Jason Motte
RP - Jonathan Papelbon
P -  Johnathan Niese
P - Ryan Dempster
P - Wade Miley
P - Hisashi Iwakuma
P - Hyun jin-ryu

B - Brian Roberts
B - Andy Pettitte
B - Darin Ruf

Meh is all I have to say.

#864 Nick Mitchell

Nick Mitchell

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anytown, USA
  • Interests:Still waiting for my man.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

I took Vinny Pestano. With him taking over as CL to begin the year and more than enough ability to run away with the gig (especially if CLE is competitive to start the season, probably making Perez trade bait since he's in his final year I believe... and always seems to be running his mouth down there). I couldn't resist. I know that leaves me with 3 pitchers on my BN, but assuming I were to DL Hudson and pick someone off of waivers, I would have my last bat be Mtich Moreland, for the bench. He was going to be my pick but a potential CL with great ratios like Pestano with the 2nd to last pick is too good to pass-up, and if this was a real draft, I would obviously take him over a guy like Moreland...

I do regret the Hudson pick... totally wasted it, but I swore his timetable was closer to a May/June return and not June/July (more realistically the latter). We'll see though- he could still be a nice stash and all I would do if it was a regular league is DL him immediately and pluck a body off of waivers. As I said, with the names left, Mitch Moreland is the guy I was going to be picking with this swing through if not for the fact that I saw Perez went down today and probably won't be ready to start the year.... that said, my final team looks like this:
Team #1: currently winning $250 if the season ended today.
Team #2: currently winning $1.250 if the season ended today.
This site: as bad as Yahoo's new updates when it comes to news blurbs and typos. I'll donate my earnings if you'll fix your news?

#865 JFS171

JFS171

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Austin, TX

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

View Postklove42, on 01 March 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Your staff is really good.

that's what she said.

#866 JFS171

JFS171

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Austin, TX

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostNick Mitchell, on 01 March 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

I took Vinny Pestano. With him taking over as CL to begin the year and more than enough ability to run away with the gig (especially if CLE is competitive to start the season, probably making Perez trade bait since he's in his final year I believe... and always seems to be running his mouth down there). I couldn't resist. I know that leaves me with 3 pitchers on my BN, but assuming I were to DL Hudson and pick someone off of waivers, I would have my last bat be Mtich Moreland, for the bench. He was going to be my pick but a potential CL with great ratios like Pestano with the 2nd to last pick is too good to pass-up, and if this was a real draft, I would obviously take him over a guy like Moreland...

I do regret the Hudson pick... totally wasted it, but I swore his timetable was closer to a May/June return and not June/July (more realistically the latter). We'll see though- he could still be a nice stash and all I would do if it was a regular league is DL him immediately and pluck a body off of waivers. As I said, with the names left, Mitch Moreland is the guy I was going to be picking with this swing through if not for the fact that I saw Perez went down today and probably won't be ready to start the year.... that said, my final team looks like this:

Did I miss something on Perez?  Why would you assume Pestano is taking over as CL to start the year?

#867 klove42

klove42

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,798 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostJFS171, on 01 March 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

View PostNick Mitchell, on 01 March 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

I took Vinny Pestano. With him taking over as CL to begin the year and more than enough ability to run away with the gig (especially if CLE is competitive to start the season, probably making Perez trade bait since he's in his final year I believe... and always seems to be running his mouth down there). I couldn't resist. I know that leaves me with 3 pitchers on my BN, but assuming I were to DL Hudson and pick someone off of waivers, I would have my last bat be Mtich Moreland, for the bench. He was going to be my pick but a potential CL with great ratios like Pestano with the 2nd to last pick is too good to pass-up, and if this was a real draft, I would obviously take him over a guy like Moreland...

I do regret the Hudson pick... totally wasted it, but I swore his timetable was closer to a May/June return and not June/July (more realistically the latter). We'll see though- he could still be a nice stash and all I would do if it was a regular league is DL him immediately and pluck a body off of waivers. As I said, with the names left, Mitch Moreland is the guy I was going to be picking with this swing through if not for the fact that I saw Perez went down today and probably won't be ready to start the year.... that said, my final team looks like this:

Did I miss something on Perez?  Why would you assume Pestano is taking over as CL to start the year?

Perez is out a month a report just came out.
No Days Off

#868 Nick Mitchell

Nick Mitchell

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anytown, USA
  • Interests:Still waiting for my man.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Perez out 3-4 weeks. He's a loudmouth and he's been on the chop-block before. Pestano is a much better arm and a guy I'd target for a 1-2$ pick in auction leagues or as an end-game pick, anyway. Perfect middle of the season CL, and a guy I'd rather not have to spend $20 on waivers if he's gonna get the job sooner than later... and it looks like he finally might this year. Watching Perez is like walking on coals... even if he accumulated saves last season like he did. He almost lost the gig early until stabilizing things... but no, he's out for now and had to withdraw from the WBC too. Conceivable chance he can make it back for opening day, but unlikely. Pestano should assume the duties for at least a week or two into the season I would think.... and if he starts out red-hot (as do the Indians perhaps), I don't know how they can pull him. He certainly posts much better peripherals than Perez and doesn't make you sit on the edge of your seat every other pitch or AB...

Final squad:

Rotoworld Community Mock Draft III
C #1- Buster Posey (Rd. 1, Pick #11 OVR); C #2- John Jaso (Rd. 26, PIck #302 OVR)
1B- David Ortiz (Rd. 5, Pick #59 OVR)
2B- Martin Prado (Rd. 6, Pick #62 OVR)
SS- Andrelton Simmons (Rd. 18, Pick #206 OVR)
3B- David Freese (Rd. 9, Pick #107 OVR)
MI- Ben Zobrist (Rd. 4, Pick #38 OVR)
CI- Anthony Rizzo (Rd. 7, Pick #83 OVR)
OF #1- Giancarlo Stanton (Rd. 2, Pick #14 OVR)
OF #2- Yoenis Cespedes (Rd. 3, Pick #35 OVR)
OF #3- Dexter Fowlder (Rd. 12, Pick #134 OVR)
OF #4- Jon Jay (Rd. 15, Pick #179 OVR)
OF #5- Lorenzo Cain (Rd. 19, Pick #227 OVR)
UTL #1- Brandon Belt (Rd. 20, Pick #230 OVR); UTL #2- David Murphy (Rd. 24, Pick #278 OVR)

SP #1- Max Scherzer (Rd. 8, Pick #86 OVR)
SP #2- Brandon Morrow (Rd. 10, Pick #110 OVR)
RP #1- J.J. Putz (Rd. 14, Pick #158 OVR)
RP #2- Jonathan Broxton (Rd. 17, Pick #203 OVR)
P- Jarrod Parker (Rd. 11, Pick #131 OVR)
P- Lance Lynn (Rd. 13, Pick #155)
P- Mike Minor, Rd. 16, Pick #182 OVR)
P- Sergio Santos (Pd. 21, Pick #251 OVR)
P James McDonald (Rd. 22, Pick #254 OVR)

BN- Vinny Pestano (Rd. 27, Pick #323 OVR)
BN- Wei-Yin Chen (Rd. 25, Pick #299 OVR)
BN- Daniel Hudson (Rd. 23, Pick #275 OVR) [DL]

Edited by Nick Mitchell, 01 March 2013 - 03:03 PM.

Team #1: currently winning $250 if the season ended today.
Team #2: currently winning $1.250 if the season ended today.
This site: as bad as Yahoo's new updates when it comes to news blurbs and typos. I'll donate my earnings if you'll fix your news?

#869 JFS171

JFS171

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Austin, TX

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Postklove42, on 01 March 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

View PostJFS171, on 01 March 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

View PostNick Mitchell, on 01 March 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

I took Vinny Pestano. With him taking over as CL to begin the year and more than enough ability to run away with the gig (especially if CLE is competitive to start the season, probably making Perez trade bait since he's in his final year I believe... and always seems to be running his mouth down there). I couldn't resist. I know that leaves me with 3 pitchers on my BN, but assuming I were to DL Hudson and pick someone off of waivers, I would have my last bat be Mtich Moreland, for the bench. He was going to be my pick but a potential CL with great ratios like Pestano with the 2nd to last pick is too good to pass-up, and if this was a real draft, I would obviously take him over a guy like Moreland...

I do regret the Hudson pick... totally wasted it, but I swore his timetable was closer to a May/June return and not June/July (more realistically the latter). We'll see though- he could still be a nice stash and all I would do if it was a regular league is DL him immediately and pluck a body off of waivers. As I said, with the names left, Mitch Moreland is the guy I was going to be picking with this swing through if not for the fact that I saw Perez went down today and probably won't be ready to start the year.... that said, my final team looks like this:

Did I miss something on Perez?  Why would you assume Pestano is taking over as CL to start the year?

Perez is out a month a report just came out.

Ok so you could reasonably assume Pestano would go somewhere around Perez' draft position, give or take a bit.

#870 klove42

klove42

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,798 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who put in the time and effort in this draft. Even though it did take a while all in all it was a good learning experience for my first mock of the year, and its always good to have a full mock draft with experienced drafters. Thanks again guys.
No Days Off

#871 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,087 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Sorry for the times I had to repick. I did try my best to look at the spreadsheet and i had difficulties finding the lists on previous pages.

Good draft everyone.
-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

Football 2012: Rotoworld Championship League Group A: CHAMPION!!!!!
Football 2013: Rotoworld Championship League Group A: Most Points, missed playoffs.

#872 PRoSPx

PRoSPx

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Damn thought we had one more round... I actually would rather have the 2nd player on my que Tyler Skaggs than Cingarni.

Is it too late to change my pick?

#873 klove42

klove42

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,798 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostPRoSPx, on 01 March 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

Damn thought we had one more round... I actually would rather have the 2nd player on my que Tyler Skaggs than Cingarni.

Is it too late to change my pick?

Yep just picked up Skaggs off waivers.
No Days Off