559 replies to this topic

#1 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,047 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Now that Vick is staying in Phili with Chip Kelly what can we expect from him? Good Vick or bad Vick?

#2 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Insane upside. Even higher injury risk. Could be top 5 fantasy QB. Could play 5 games.

/thread

#3 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,838 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

That sound you heard was Nick Foles' redraft value plummeting.

Guess we'll find out just how healthy Vick is - mobility is a must in the read-option, and Vick's best days running the ball are well behind him - from the Eagles' perspective, though, it sounds like they're mortgaging their future by spreading the contract over 3 years, but voidable after the 1st (lower cap hit this year, but dead money in Year 2/3 if Vick is gone).

I suspect you'll see Vick as the #1, Foles as the backup, and Dennis Dixon as the #3 clipboard guy (and the real backup Kelly has in mind for his specific spread sets).

Football PPR 2014 - Cutler, L. Bell, R. Jennings, Dez, Marshall, V-Jax, Justin Hunter, Quick, Rudolph, HOU DST. D-Thomas fan club member.
Dynasty 2014 - Romo, E. Lacy, Gore, T. Gerhart, C-Michael, J. McKinnon, D-Train, K. Allen, R. White, M. Evans, D. Adams, B. Quick, J. Graham, L. Green, HOU DST.

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#4 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'm not bothering with Vick, especially with guys like Wilson/Kaepernick emerging as "safer" options with similar scoring potential.

I do think Desean Jackson could be a great value pick at WR in this offense tho, especially with Vick now coming back.

#5 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm disgusted.....absolutely disgusted

It feels like Jeff Lurie defiled my wife in my bed, took a crap on the sheets halfway out the door and then sent me the bill for the dry cleaning.
Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#6 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Now that Vick is staying in Phili with Chip Kelly what can we expect from him? Good Vick or bad Vick?

More sacks, bad INTs, lost fumbles, injuries and Eagles losses
Bases...

Foots...

#7 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

oh and throwing teammates under the bus
Bases...

Foots...

#8 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

All the more reason to wait on QB in 2013 and let things come to you as opposed to selecting a "consensus" top QB with your 1st or 2nd round pick.

Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Cam, PManning, Kaep, Stafford, Luck, RWilson, Ryan, Vick, Romo, RGIII (if ready to go week 1) - that's 13 pretty clear starting fantasy QB's before you even get to guys like Big Ben, EManning, Flacco, Dalton.

#9 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I think that Vick and Kelly could be very fantasy friendly together. #7 could do some serious work in that system....assuming the Eagles make it a priority to procure adequate blocking. Obviously you draft Vick expecting him to play about 9-12 games and hope to cash in nicely when he is on the field.

He'll be available late in drafts. I'm actually liking his value for next season as of right now.

#10 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Am I the only one here that doesn't think Vick is a good fit Chip Kelly's system?

Kelly runs an option based offense and for it to succeed he needs a mobile QB that can quickly dissect a defense within seconds of the snap and attack its weakness. Obviously Vick fits the mobility requirement so on the surface it seems to be a good fit, but he doesn't do those other things very well. If you watch Vick game tape, he make his decision to pass/run from the get go and isn't very good at adjusting to how the defense is reacting to him. So he missed open WRs when he runs and misses open running lanes when he decides to sit in the pocket (not that his o-lineman really gave him anything resembling a pocket last yr).

There will be times when he busts runs and hurts a defense but there will also be many times he runs when he should pass. I guess what i'm trying to say is i don't trust Vick to make the correct decision after the snap (possibly even before the snap). He could be decent in the system but i think the fact that he is going to have to make the decision to hand off, keep it, run, pass, etc. every play puts the offense's success in his decision making, something that he is not known for. Dare i say it, but i think tebow might have a chance to be successful in this offense and he is going cheap or possibly will be a free agent if the jets can't trade him.

Fantasy outlook: I don't mind taking a late round pick on him, but there is no way I would draft him as my starting QB. QB is going to be mad deep next year and I think there are easily 12 QBs that are safer bets for your fantasy team starter.

#11 HashtagHeel

HashtagHeel

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Just because can still run, it doesn't mean he's a lock to fit the system. Kelly relies on speed. He showed last year, his elusive side isn't as dangerous as it was. He's in the too 15, but no better.

#12 Blu Exile

Blu Exile

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

I'm probably drafting Vick next year unless a QB I like slips, but that usually never happens in my league. I'm pretty sure everybody has Vick DOA after the past couple seasons.

#13 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

I don't know why, but I'm getting the feeling Vick is going to be a fantasy monster this year when healthy. 13 games of top 6 QB numbers.
12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer
RB: Giovani Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Mark Ingram, Ben Tate, Charles Sims
WR: Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Rueben Randle, Odell Beckham, Josh Gordon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

#14 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Might wanna hold off on those projections until he officially wins the job. No guarantee that he starts on week 1.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#15 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

Chip Kelly isn't gonna run his Oregon Offense in the Pros, he'll create a hybrid Pro-Style version where there's a lot more passing.

#16 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

True but it's still going to be fairly run heavy I'd wager.

I really have no clue where to rank Vick this year. All I know is if his adp remains 1-2 rounds below Eli and Romo I'd rather take one of those two than risking the possible headache of drafting Vick.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***
Record: 3-4

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Julio Jones (2.09)
WR2: Roddy White
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Robbie Gould
Bench: Calvin Johnson (1.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, Carson Palmer, James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#17 starks

starks

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Michael Vick beat LeSean McCoy in a 40-yard race Thursday.

24-year-old McCoy has been barking at 32-year-old Vick during offseason workouts, calling him an "old man." Per PFT, Vick agreed to a race and "smoked him by five yards." Considering McCoy ran in the 4.5s when he came out of Pitt in 2009, it's impressive. Vick struggled to make big plays in the running game last season, averaging a career-low 5.4 YPC and scoring one touchdown.

Source: Colt Anderson on Twitter

Haha...sign me up. Go ahead and draft Brees, Rodgers...etc and give me a Vick/Eli combo!
You like my avatar?

#18 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Michael Vick beat LeSean McCoy in a 40-yard race Thursday.

24-year-old McCoy has been barking at 32-year-old Vick during offseason workouts, calling him an "old man." Per PFT, Vick agreed to a race and "smoked him by five yards." Considering McCoy ran in the 4.5s when he came out of Pitt in 2009, it's impressive. Vick struggled to make big plays in the running game last season, averaging a career-low 5.4 YPC and scoring one touchdown.

Source: Colt Anderson on Twitter

Haha...sign me up. Go ahead and draft Brees, Rodgers...etc and give me a Vick/Eli combo!

I am liking the idea of a Eli/Vick combo late if I end up loading up on RB's and WR's.

Edited by Deadpool, 02 May 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#19 Vupacalypse

Vupacalypse

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

He should've just been a damn RB.

#20 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

He should've just been a damn RB.

He wouldn't be able to handle the hits.

Who am I kidding, no way I draft him this year after what he did to me last year as my 4th rounder. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users