Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Brennan Boesch 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I have made this thread to do one thing, and this is to hype Brennan Boesch.

Apparently he's tweaked his swing so I'm encouraged. Last year he was a Matthew Berry sleeper (as well a mine) and I think his draft price just got driven up to the point of no profit.... and then he had a bad year. This year he's going pretty undrafted so far, but I think in 5 OF leagues he's going to be a guy you can get as your OF 5 and possibly later and produce a great value.

Im projected 20 Home Runs with a 275 average with solid counting stats being in a stacked offense.

The value is just great this year and that's my main reason for liking him.

I use to have a philosophy of never drafting guys once they burn you, and realized this was a very bad way to do play fantasy. If you like a player in baseball and he has an off year, there's a pretty good chance he'll rebound and make someone else look smart.

There is one caveat, as of now he doesnt have a starting job which will make his price drop even more. I'm hoping he has a good spring and wins one out
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#2 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

I have made this thread to do one thing, and this is to hype Brennan Boesch.

Apparently he's tweaked his swing so I'm encouraged. Last year he was a Matthew Berry sleeper (as well a mine) and I think his draft price just got driven up to the point of no profit.... and then he had a bad year. This year he's going pretty undrafted so far, but I think in 5 OF leagues he's going to be a guy you can get as your OF 5 and possibly later and produce a great value.

Im projected 20 Home Runs with a 275 average with solid counting stats being in a stacked offense.

The value is just great this year and that's my main reason for liking him.

I use to have a philosophy of never drafting guys once they burn you, and realized this was a very bad way to do play fantasy. If you like a player in baseball and he has an off year, there's a pretty good chance he'll rebound and make someone else look smart.

There is one caveat, as of now he doesnt have a starting job which will make his price drop even more. I'm hoping he has a good spring and wins one out

The no-job to start the year factor pretty much means in most mixed leagues you should be able to land him for $1 range pretty easy. Im with you, I liked him last year and I like him this year, concern is obviously the playing time situation, we have no bench, no free agency and very limited waiver wire, so its a roll of the dice to take on someone without a clear pathway to a full time gig.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#3 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,860 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I'm not to sure he beats Dirks out, and even if he does I'm not sure I would draft him in a 12 team league. If he gets hot then add him off the waivers, but I wouldn't want him in a starting spot even in a 5 OF league. A lot of reason why people liked him so much last year was because he was batting in front of Miggy, now that he isnt his value will really go down.
No Days Off

#4 The Big Bat Theory

The Big Bat Theory

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

I'd think after his fall from grace he would be a pretty easy pick-up later from the FA pool. Well unless someone plays in a 5 outfield league as you mentioned. (And I thought one league I was in was crazy with four outfielders).

I'm not to sure he beats Dirks out, and even if he does I'm not sure I would draft him in a 12 team league. If he gets hot then add him off the waivers, but I wouldn't want him in a starting spot even in a 5 OF league. A lot of reason why people liked him so much last year was because he was batting in front of Miggy, now that he isnt his value will really go down.

Yeah thanks for reminding me. That was the main reason last season I took him in a league, the Miggy factor. Didn't work out even with Cabrera behind him because the guy just couldn't get on base period. I'll pass on him this year unless he starts to show a pulse higher than a flatline.

#5 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

I'd think after his fall from grace he would be a pretty easy pick-up later from the FA pool. Well unless someone plays in a 5 outfield league as you mentioned. (And I thought one league I was in was crazy with four outfielders).

Most Roto Leagues its pretty standard to find a 14-hitter roster with 2 Catchers and 5 Outfielders.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#6 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Def meant for deeper leagues on draft day. I'm in those leagues and we'll see what happens in ST... I just thing he has a valuable 5 OF league type year.
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#7 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,020 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

This guy sucks. He was the 2nd lowest ranked player in MLB last year. He is a complete hack, swings at everything, one of the worst defenders on base ball. They got Ajax and hunter locked into everyday roles and then Dirks and Berry along with Boesch competing for the ABs in LF. I just don't see him getting more than 2 days of PT a week in April without injury.

#8 WahooManiac

WahooManiac

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Sloooooooow hack of a swing, I hope he did more than tweak it. Throw it out, start from scratch is more like it. Defensive liability, which will keep him out of everyday PT IMO. Leyland supposedly really likes the guy though, but that only lasts so long if he cant hit
Good pitching will beat good hitting anytime, and vice versa. -Bob Veale

We're reaching the pt where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. -Thomas Boswell

#9 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

no way should this guy beat out dirks. look at dirks numbers. plus martinez is back and the DH spot is just as crowded.

#10 tonguetied89

tonguetied89

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

big tigers fan here, pay close attention to the team, i would definitely be worried about PT. You're looking at a platoon number of PA'S maybe 300. leyland doesn't want to commit to dirks as an everyday player either (despite the fans' pleas), he has him in the same boat ramon santiago where "he's just not an everyday type of guy" mentality already instilled about them (interviews).

it will be a good lineup for boesch and he has shown potential in the past but i'm worried that pitchers made their adjustment and he doesn't know how to adjust back. maybe a trade will give him more immediate trade relevancy due to someone giving him an everyday job.

Edited by tonguetied89, 22 February 2013 - 02:22 AM.

#11 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Sloooooooow hack of a swing, I hope he did more than tweak it. Throw it out, start from scratch is more like it. Defensive liability, which will keep him out of everyday PT IMO. Leyland supposedly really likes the guy though, but that only lasts so long if he cant hit

Leyland had a love affair with Ryan Raburn as well. Seems to love guys who manage to generate negative WAR.

#12 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,860 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

Just got released. I find this to be funny
No Days Off

#13 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

Boesch could probably help the Mets, Yanks or Cubs OF situations

#14 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

no way should this guy beat out dirks. look at dirks numbers. plus martinez is back and the DH spot is just as crowded.

good call.

#15 WhiteSoxFan4Life

WhiteSoxFan4Life

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Yankees uniform by Friday.
C: Brian McCann
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Ian Kinsler
3B: Will Middlebrooks
SS: Jonathan Villar
OF1: Melky Cabrera
OF2: Adam Eaton
OF3: Kole Calhoun
Util: Abraham Almonte
Bench: Colby Rasmus, Marcus Semien, Ryan Goins, Logan Morrison

SP: John Lester, Alex Cobb, Chris Archer, Roenis Elias
RP: Jim Johnson, Joba Chamberlain, Jerome Williams
Bench: Johan Santana, Taijuan Walker, Suk-min Yoon, Kyle Gibson, Drew Pomeranz

6man keeper 12 AL Only H2H points league

#16 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,860 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

And hes a yankee... by Friday... Good call.
No Days Off

#17 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

And hes a yankee... by Friday... Good call.

So whats the thought here? Potential Francisco/Boesch platoon until Granderson gets back?

#18 jammer2

jammer2

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Nice call bro!
Standard Yahoo, head to head league Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG) Pitchers Stat Categories:
Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

SP Stephen Strasburg,Jered Weaver, Max Scherzer, Doug Fister, Alex Cobb, Andrew Cashner, Shelby Miller, F.Dubront   
RP Jason Motte, Bruce Rondon, Jason Grilli,
C V.Martinez,   
1B Pujols, Swisher (1B/OF)
2B Zobrist (2B,SS,OF),
3B Middlebrooks, Matt Carpenter (3B,1B,OF),   
SS Rollins,   
OF HunterPence, Tori Hunter, Josh Reddick, David Murphy,
Util Jurickson Profar,

#19 Petey Pop

Petey Pop

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Who are your sources and will Cano remain a Yankee?!!!!!

:D
Football- 12 Team (H2H) (PPR)

QB - Philip Rivers
WR- Dez Bryant
WR - T.Y. Hilton
RB - Montee Ball
RB - LeSean McCoy
TE - Travis Kelce
Flex - Mike Wallace

K - Phil Dawson

DEF - Denver

Bench: Larry Donnell(TE), Jordan Reed (TE), Ahmad Bradshaw (RB)
Vernon Davis (TE), Brian Quick (WR)

#20 calzonesays

calzonesays

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Great. Another .230 hitter aiming for the short porch in right at the detriment of making contact and advancing runners.