Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

How will daily interleague play affect fantasy?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 mkcatl

mkcatl

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Not sure if the subject has been broached.  IMO it's gonna hurt Weekly lineup leagues the most.  Are people drafting more NL players? staying staus quo? any good strategies?
----------------
12 team pts league Keepers:

J. Montero, I. Davis, D. Pedroia, J. Reyes, M. Cabrera
J. Upton, J. Bruce, A. Craig, V. Martinez

M. Bumgarner, K. Medlen, J. Zimmerman, A. Sanchez, J. Niese
J. Nathan, G. Perkins, B. League

Bench:
M. Moustakas, B. Gardner, A. Eaton, J. Gyorko, D.Viciedo, O. Taveras
A. Cashner, J. Garcia, M. Garza, C. Luebke

#2 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

View Postmkcatl, on 12 February 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Not sure if the subject has been broached.  IMO it's gonna hurt Weekly lineup leagues the most.  Are people drafting more NL players? staying staus quo? any good strategies?
You're really the first mention of this I'm aware of. Certainly in H2H you need to downgrade a notch players without full-time positions. David Ortiz, Mark Trumbo, even Billy Butler all stand to suffer a bit. Don't know if I'd go more NL heavy, but if I'm in a deeper league platoon guys in the NL have some worth now in Interleague weeks, especially LH platooners.
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park

#3 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

so what exactly is the deal? there will be interleague play all the time? If you own ortiz, trumbo or butler, how often will they play nl teams?

you see last year the royals made sure to get butler in the lineup: http://kansascity.ro...2889940&c_id=kc

Edited by LyondellBasell, 12 February 2013 - 10:53 AM.

12 Team H2H Categories. Play two teams per week. Three keepers.
Avg, OPS, HR, RBI, R, SB * W, K, ERA, WHIP, Sv

C/ Santana
IB/ Pujols
3B/ Plouffe
CI/ Craig
2B/ Lowrie
SS/ Simmons
MI/ Wong
4 OF/ Rios, Bautista, Cespedes, Leonys
Utl/ Heyward
SP/ Felix, Teheran, Sale,
Archer, Latos
RP/ Ross, Richards
, Martinez, Stroman
BN/ Cron
DL/ Everth, Encarnacion

Championships: 3 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#4 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Can someone elaborate? Not sure I know about what's being discussed here.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#5 mkcatl

mkcatl

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostLyondellBasell, on 12 February 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

so what exactly is the deal? there will be interleague play all the time? If you own ortiz, trumbo or butler, how often will they play nl teams?

you see last year the royals made sure to get butler in the lineup: http://kansascity.ro...2889940&c_id=kc

They will play the same amount of interleague games but it will be spread out over more weeks,meaning instead of it affecting 2 weeks it could potentially affect 5 weeks.  If you have daily lineups it prolly won't change anything for you.

Edited by mkcatl, 12 February 2013 - 11:10 AM.

----------------

Bench:

#6 mkcatl

mkcatl

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostZ06vette, on 12 February 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Can someone elaborate? Not sure I know about what's being discussed here.

Houston moved to the AL, meaning the only way to do interleague now is to have it all year long.  The Angles open the season in CIN, Does Trumbo play only 3 games that week?  There will potentially be more weeks impacted by this new schedule.
----------------

Bench:

#7 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

that sucks. surprised no one is talking about this.
12 Team H2H Categories. Play two teams per week. Three keepers.
Avg, OPS, HR, RBI, R, SB * W, K, ERA, WHIP, Sv

C/ Santana
IB/ Pujols
3B/ Plouffe
CI/ Craig
2B/ Lowrie
SS/ Simmons
MI/ Wong
4 OF/ Rios, Bautista, Cespedes, Leonys
Utl/ Heyward
SP/ Felix, Teheran, Sale,
Archer, Latos
RP/ Ross, Richards
, Martinez, Stroman
BN/ Cron
DL/ Everth, Encarnacion

Championships: 3 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#8 Wavier JunKie

Wavier JunKie

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

I just looked at the schedule for the month of April.

There are only 4-5 game days in April where there is no inter league play.  For the most part it is only one series going at a time. Starting mid month it maxes out at two inter league series at a time.  I didnt look past April.

Each club will play 20 Interleague games throughout the season. Those games will be played in eight series: four at home and four on the road.

Edited by Wavier JunKie, 12 February 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#9 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Yeah it certainly has impact, and it's spread more uniformly throughout the season this year. Butler did sit a bit last year in IL games, sometimes he played 1B while Hosmer sat or played RF. Butler is one I'm less worried about. Trumbo as full-time DH and a very inferior defensive option will suffer much more IMO. Also guys like Mark Reynolds and Chris Davis, E5 with Lawrie entrenched at 3B, and Adam Dunn and VMart need to be considered. It won't make a big difference overall but on any given week the impact will be significant. We will all have to really pay attention to the schedule this year!
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park

#10 TheFranchiseAce

TheFranchiseAce

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

View Postmkcatl, on 12 February 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

They will play the same amount of interleague games but it will be spread out over more weeks,meaning instead of it affecting 2 weeks it could potentially affect 5 weeks.  If you have daily lineups it prolly won't change anything for you.

Right off the bat Butler has 5 away NL games.  3 in Week 1 and 2 in Week 3.

#11 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostWavier JunKie, on 12 February 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

I just looked at the schedule for the month of April.

There are only 4-5 game days in April where there is no inter league play.  For the most part it is only one series going at a time. Starting mid month it maxes out at two inter league series at a time.  I didnt look past April.
4 interleague series first full week of May, 1 that weekend, 3 the start of 2nd week of may. FYI. Didn't delve any deeper, looks like it's spread year-long throughout the schedule.

#12 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostTheFranchiseAce, on 12 February 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

Thankfully after that he only has 5 more the rest of the year, 2 May 29-30 @ St. Louis and 3 August 2-4 @ Mets.

#13 TheFranchiseAce

TheFranchiseAce

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Butler played in 161 games last season.  They aren't sitting him in NL parks unless he's slumping.

#14 mkcatl

mkcatl

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostTheFranchiseAce, on 12 February 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Butler played in 161 games last season.  They aren't sitting him in NL parks unless he's slumping.

The question then comes up how many weeks does Hosmer not play a full slate of games?
----------------

Bench:

#15 TheFranchiseAce

TheFranchiseAce

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

View Postuspsjeter2, on 12 February 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Thankfully after that he only has 5 more the rest of the year, 2 May 29-30 @ St. Louis and 3 August 2-4 @ Mets.

Yea this development isn't going to make me shy away from Butler.  Also this will almost ensure Butler will stay with 1B eligible for 2014 and can be a nice keeper going forward.

#16 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Looks like Trumbo has no more than 3 away NL games in any one month, with none in June, and one in Sept. on the 1st.

#17 TheFranchiseAce

TheFranchiseAce

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

View Postmkcatl, on 12 February 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

View PostTheFranchiseAce, on 12 February 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

The question then comes up how many weeks does Hosmer not play a full slate of games?

Now that is a great question.  Last year he only played 3 games out in the OF.

#18 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostTheFranchiseAce, on 12 February 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

View Postuspsjeter2, on 12 February 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Yea this development isn't going to make me shy away from Butler.  Also this will almost ensure Butler will stay with 1B eligible for 2014 and can be a nice keeper going forward.
Just remember Lorenzo Cain was hurt during IL play so there was an opening in the OF for Hosmer. And Butler sat some games but got PH at bats. This year Cain, Dyson, Francouer and Gordon are all available to play OF. Butler or Hosmer will have to suffer in the NL parks, gotta expect both to sit at least some. Hosmer also has speed on the basepaths (relatively speaking ) compared to Country Biscuit. I'm still high on him, these are more weekly nuances to sift through.

#19 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

The guy I think who could really be affected is VMart. Will they let him catch in NL parks? No way Prince sits, is there?

#20 mkcatl

mkcatl

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

The Royals will have 4 weeks with NL played Games.  So those 4 weeks you might not be able to use a Hosmer if your in a weekly lineup league.

ok, so looking over a couple of schedules, it seems it will effect all AL teams 4 weeks out of the season.

Edited by mkcatl, 12 February 2013 - 11:48 AM.

----------------

Bench: