Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Mark Prior 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 PRoSPx

PRoSPx

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Word churning through the rumor mill is Mark Prior is working on making a come back. Potentially could see him in the WBC...

#2 MrMartyBarrett

MrMartyBarrett

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Prior attempted a comeback last year with the Sox, and got released due to control issues.

Ship has long since sailed.

#3 phizzics

phizzics

On the Ballot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

The only way I think he makes a comeback is if MLB waives their PED restrictions for him and he finds a steroid that enables him to stay on the field. He's makes Joey Devine look like an iron man.

Posted Image

#4 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

The only way I think he makes a comeback is if MLB waives their PED restrictions for him and he finds a steroid that enables him to stay on the field. He's makes Joey Devine look like an iron man.

Posted Image

Ahh Marcus Giles, I completely forgot about that dude. On the bright side it doesnt look like he has had Tommy John yet! There is still time for him to come back, get injured, and need that.
No Days Off

#5 Poppa Chubby 81

Poppa Chubby 81

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Word churning through the rumor mill is Mark Prior is working on making a come back. Potentially could see him in the WBC...

I set up a Raz League if you wanna join. It's on Yahoo... League name: Raz League Password : myteamsucks

#6 PRoSPx

PRoSPx

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Prior attempted a comeback last year with the Sox, and got released due to control issues.

I wouldn't say his ship is sailed. Prior is only 32 and broke into the league already as an elite talent at 21 in similar fashion to guys like Strasburg, Sale, and Kershaw.

Last year in AAA he did have control problems which is some what expected after after a 6 year struggle to stay healthy. But he still posted a 13.68 K/9 in AAA last year over 25 innings. So there is still some upside in that arm if he can stay healthy and gain his control back. He says he feels healthy this year and can get guys out again.

Too bad he's with The Yankees but I'd love for him to have a Ben Sheets like come back and prove to more than a serviceable pitcher. This guy was one of the most dominate pitchers I have seen when he was last 100% healthy (years ago).

#7 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I wouldn't say his ship is sailed. Prior is only 32 and broke into the league already as an elite talent at 21 in similar fashion to guys like Strasburg, Sale, and Kershaw.

Last year in AAA he did have control problems which is some what expected after after a 6 year struggle to stay healthy. But he still posted a 13.68 K/9 in AAA last year over 25 innings. So there is still some upside in that arm if he can stay healthy and gain his control back. He says he feels healthy this year and can get guys out again.

Too bad he's with The Yankees but I'd love for him to have a Ben Sheets like come back and prove to more than a serviceable pitcher. This guy was one of the most dominate pitchers I have seen when he was last 100% healthy (years ago).

Wasn't he on the Yanks two years ago? I thought he was still a free agent right now
No Days Off

#8 PRoSPx

PRoSPx

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Wasn't he on the Yanks two years ago? I thought he was still a free agent right now

He probably is a free agent I just saw his Yahoo! profile. They have him on The Yankees. He got released so he can go anywhere. A team would be dumb to at least not try him out.

#9 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

from the RW news page. I'm rooting for him to finally be healthy and make it back to the show.

Reds signed RHP Mark Prior to a minor league contract.
The Cincinnati Enquirer's John Fay says the Reds haven't decided whether he'll report to major or minor league camp. Prior, who posted a 3.96 ERA and 38/23 K/BB ratio over 25 innings for Triple-A Pawtucket with the Red Sox last year, will be reunited with former manager Dusty Baker in Cincy. "He called me and asked for a chance," Baker said. "I talked to Walt (Jocketty). (Prior) says he feels good. He feels like he has some unfinished business."

#10 Nick Mitchell

Nick Mitchell

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

REUNITED AND IT FEELS SOOOO GOOOD. <3
let your members encourage my suicide. besides, I kinda wanna _

#11 Smallball

Smallball

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Has anyone considered that the "unfinished business" is actually Dusty Bakers gosl of fully removing Priors arm from his body?

#12 cyberer

cyberer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Dusty already has him pencilled in for 350 IP

SIG UPDATED FOR NFL WEEK 6

"Formerly" All About the Benjamin

2nd Place
12 Team PPR

QB Cutler (backup Romo)
WR1 Julio Jones
WR2 Randall Cobb
WR3 Steve Smith (Backups Michael Crabtree and Cordarrelle Patterson)

RB1 Lesean McCoy
RB2 Eddie Lacy
TE Kelce (backup Cameron)
FLEX Ben Tate (can also play cordarrelle or crabtree here)

#13 2ndCitySox

2ndCitySox

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Projections: 2/3 IP, 1 K, 3 ER for the season
All-Icon Team:
C- Carlton Fisk
1B- Frank Thomas
2B- Ryne Sandberg
SS- Ozzie Smith
3B- Wade Boggs
CF- Rickey
LF- Kirk Gibson
RF- Chili Davis
DH- Eddie Murray

SP- Nolan Ryan
SP- Orel Herschiser
SP- Greg Maddux
SP- Roger Clemens
SP- BlackJack McDowell

RP- Eck

#14 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

If he couldn't make a comeback and break into the Padres rotation, he's not busting into the Reds top 5.

#15 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Projections: 2/3 IP, 1 K, 3 ER for the season

I'll take the under on all 3, lol

#16 MrMartyBarrett

MrMartyBarrett

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

missed this from long ago. and i'm fully aware of who mark prior is.

you're right, the ship hasn't sailed. it's sunk.
yeah, he signed today....and i hope i'm wrong, i'm actually rooting for him. however, when the sox released him in august, it took teams until today to give him a shot.

you can throw all the stats out there you want, but the fact of the matter is he wasn't very good last year. i'll take that back. he was good early in the year. his control was hideous down the stretch. mechanically, he was nothing like he was in his prime. nowhere near as free as he once was.
this is a guy that has thrown a total of 49 innings since 2006.

like i said, i hope i'm wrong....i just won't be.

#17 compsella

compsella

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Dude is a freakin' giraffe. Was his neck always this Merton Hanks? Posted Image
I wish him luck though. What a story that would be.
14-team, H2H, Total Points, 7 Keepers (3-year contracts)

C Doug Gwosdz, Mackey Sasser
1B Razor Shines
2B Arquimedez Pozo
3B Scat Metha, Jim Walewander
SS Steve Jeltz
OF Johnny Dickshot, Rusty Kuntz, Bristol Robotham Lord, Johnny Wockenfuss, Hiram Bocachica
UT Drungo Hazewood, Coot Veal

SP Kevin Mmahat, Steve Fireovid, Cannonball Titcomb, Lil Stoner, Roy Face, Juan Eichelberger
RP Ed Head, Boots Poffenberger, Firpo Marberry, Yorman Bazardo, Fu-Te Ni

MNR Joey Terdoslavich, Rougned Odor, Kevin Quackenbush

#18 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,459 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

And to think I heard his dad was upset that Mauer was drafted ahead of him...

Oh my friends, my friends, forgive me

That I live and you are gone.

There's a grief that can't be spoken.

There's a pain goes on and on.