Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Warning for Yahoo Pro League Users: Cheating

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 gus030

gus030

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

I am posting a warning for all fantasy sports players to NEVER pay for a Yahoo PRO sports league in the future. Yahoo operates illegally and unethically in running their sports leagues which allows cheating and unfair play.

These are the facts I witnessed:

-A few weeks ago one team posted that they had accidentily accepted a trade on their iphone and wanted others to veto the trade (David Lee for Jarett JAck)
-Some responded in agreement that they would veto it, Others did not respond
-The manager then posted that they would trade all their players to the teams that supported him
-The manager made a trade of Brandon Jennings, Paul George, Lebron James for Roy Hibbert, Thaddeus Young, Ramon Sessions and Andrew Bynum
-Yahoo! then vetoed the David Lee - Jack trade but kept the other unfair trade which was dumping the other teams players
-I made a similar unfair trade to another team to challenge the cheater, yahoo vetoed this trade
-Yahoo banned me from the league and deleted all the posts that provide the evidence that the manager dumped his players and colluded

I've attempted to contact Yahoo and there is no contact information and they do not respond to emails.

Please save your money and never play in a yahoo league for real money ever!!!!!

#2 VeganZombies

VeganZombies

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

So the other team cheated so your response was to also cheat, then got caught for cheating and now you're mad?

#3 python3

python3

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

My league's fine. Seems like you're making a blanket statement based on 1 bad league.
12 Team Roto, 9 Cat

PG: Lowry
SG: Beal
G:   Bledsoe
SF: George
PF: Hawes
F:   Gay
C:   Vucevic, Valanciunas
Util: Carroll, R. Jackson
BN: W. Chandler, Kelly, Livingston

#4 Jatlec26

Jatlec26

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

I played 3 fantasy football Yahoo Pro Leagues this year with no problems at all. Placed 1st, 3rd, and didn't place. I'm currently playing in 3 fantasy basketball and 1 fantasy hockey Yahoo Pro Leagues. I've had no problems at all, but I have seen Yahoo delete a lot of my posts which were usually arguing with other players.

Anyway, I just looked at your league and there is definitely something fishy going on with jordan #1 and Team 42. That has to be the same person playing two leagues. I'd be super pissed too, but I disagree with Yahoo being illegal and unethical while running their fantasy.

Trades only get vetoed if there is a huge difference in Yahoo's projections for the players involved. Furthermore, players in the league cannot veto any trades. THey can only send a protest to Yahoo explaining why. I've sent around 5, but Yahoo never sided with me.

With all this said, you just landed in a league with collusion. You shouldn't really be blaming Yahoo. They can't run public money leagues perfectly when there are hundreds of thousands, maybe more.

#5 Topgun

Topgun

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

These things happen from time to time, live and learn, but this is not Yahoo's fault.
I'd love to join a CBS salary cap fantasy baseball league.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12 team H2H-Daily Dynasty League
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C Carlos Santana
1B Freeman-Votto-Pearce
2B Cano-Utley
3B Beltre-Carpenter
SS Danny Santana-Zobrist
OF Trout-Kemp-JD Martinez-Betts
OF Carlos Gonzalez,Dickerson
OF Markakis,A.Garcia
DH Ortiz
SP Kluber,Scherzer,Harvey,DeGrom,Shoemaker
SP Carrasco,Archer,Salazar,Kazmir,Fiers,Corbin
SP Hutchison,Wada,Kyle Hendricks,Cliff Lee
RP Chapman,Storen,Casilla,Uehara,Soriano
Minors-C Bethancourt,1B Matt Olson,2B Robert Refsnyder
3B Maikle Franco,SS Nick Gordon,OF Bradly Zimmer,
SP Nathan Karns,Kyle Zimmer

#6 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

#PublicLeagueDrama

Still looking for dedicated RW users to play in the 3rd annual free Rotoworld Championships Fantasy Hoops League. H2H, 9-cat, very fun league. PM Rotoranker for more info or to secure your spot.