Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Help in Redraft Trade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 An Old Hippie

An Old Hippie

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Tean in signature

He offered
I give Scherzer
I get MYoung/AJBurnett

Thinking about countering with
I give Scherzer/Keppinger
I get Headley

My staff is solid but I don't know if it can survive the hit of losing Scherzer. There are some good FA pitchers on the WW, but none come close to the strikeouts I lose.

Headley would give me a stronger piece to trade (either him or Wright) to getting a true ace.

Last year was my first year playing and this forum drilled into my head that bats before pitching

Opinions?

WHIR as always and to be polite

#2 RyanksN

RyanksN

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

I like trade 2 better....#1 makes sence if you have alot of SP which it seems as you might be on the thinner side.
1.)CBS Auction Dynasty 5x5 Standard Roto (12 team)13 Keepers + 3 Minor League Keepers
$260 for 23 player (Also have 17 player bench not included in Auction Draft)
Batters (11) C(2)-Arencibia, Riuz $1 1st- Goldy $44, 2nd- Profar $9, 3rd- Sandavol $1, SS- Jeter $1, CI- Seager $7, MI- LaMeieu $1, OF(5)- J.Upton $26, Trout $61, C.Dickerson $5, Markakis $1, Castellanos $1 DH- Votto $37
BN - Y.Alonso $1, S.Genette $1, Ackley $1
Pitchers (4) SP(6)- , D.Keuchel $4, G.Cole $16, Teharan $15, Y.Ventura $1, D.Hutchenson $1, Pineda $1 RP(3)- T.Rosenthal $15, Hawkins $1, S.Casilla $2
BN -  J.Paxton $1, D.Pomeranz $4, Tillman $5, M.Stroman $7, Rondon $1
Minors - J.Baez,  K.Bryant,J.Pederson, J.Taillon, T.Glasnow, M.Wisler

2.)CBS Auction Dynasty Points League (12 team)10 Keepers + 2 Minor League Keepers
$300 for 18 players (Also have 12 player bench not included in Auction Draft)
Scoring: 1 pt = rbi,   run, bb, sac, 2 pt= sb, 2.5 pt = dbl,   4 pt = hr,   5 pt = tpl, -1 =k
1 pt = IP,   2 pt = k,   3 pt = qs, hld,   4 pt = w, 5 pt = sv,   7.5 pt = cg, so, -1 pt = bb, er,   -3 pts = loss
Batters (10) C- Weiters $22, 1st-F.Freeman $26, 2nd- Carpenter $11, 3rd- Arenado $11, SS- Jeter $1, OF(3)-McCutchens $50, W.Meyers $12, Gorden $7, DH (2)- A.Gon $22, Votto $49 BN-.A.Ram, Asdrubal, Cain, Pollock, Hansen, Seager, Soler
Pitchers (8) SP(5)- A.Wainwright $20, M.Scherzer $23, J.Zimmerman $17, M.Minor $12, Skaggs $1 RP(3)- S.Miller $12, A.Reed $2, A.Ogando $1 BN-.Miley $1, Paxton $9, E.Santana $12, Carrasco $8, A.Heaney $7

#3 ComericanPie

ComericanPie

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

The counter is definitely better than the original offer IMO. I just don't think it's worth the dropoff from Scherzer to Burnett just for Michael Young alone.

#4 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostComericanPie, on 12 February 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

The counter is definitely better than the original offer IMO. I just don't think it's worth the dropoff from Scherzer to Burnett just for Michael Young alone.
I'd do neither trade. Young's only valuable skill now is positional flexibilty, and he's not projected to hit high in the Phillies lineup. Burnett is on the backside of his career and primed for regression pitching for a lousy team. Scherzer is on the cusp of greatness and plays for the best team on paper maybe in all of baseball. I don't see this as upgrading your roster.
Glad the bats before pitching drill has held! However if you have a great pitching staff there's no rush to dismantle it either. I suggest patience and not long into the season someone at a position you need will start slowly, and you can swoop in and nab him with your pitching riches.  B)
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park

#5 An Old Hippie

An Old Hippie

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Changed the counter offer where I get Harper and give up Schrezer.

Starting 5 outfielders I'd like to have more upside and a little more depth. I may not pick up another pitcher with the K potential then Schrezer has but then I won't get an outfielder off the WW with Harpers ceiling either.

Other thing is it keeps the dialog going as I really doubt he will accept the trade. But he is a he a Tiger fan, at least by the players he drafted, so the possibility exists that he might.

#6 thump

thump

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

He would be silly to accept that deal..